Customer Discussions > External Hard Drive forum

How do i play movies on my TV from iOmega 1 TB external HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2013 5:50:27 PM PST
Matthew Chau says:
My iOmega doesn't support HDMI (at least to my knowledge, I'm not sure how to check the model number. I threw away the box.) My TV supports HDMI, not regular USB. What is the easiest way to play movies from my external to my TV? Would i mod it? Thanks for any suggestionsIomega Prestige 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive 34919 (Gray)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:24:40 AM PST
You will need a computer to transfer the signal from USB to HDMI and A program that will run whatever format you have the movies stored in.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2013 9:05:19 PM PDT
drwho says:
short answer 2 parts the new hdmi device from google it will play from a limited source from your computer with chrome web browser from there the device takes over if you are starting a large library then go with the western digital media players there are 3 varitant the grey box older but if you like to tinker this is the one if you want to video from the internet then the live small black box work both will stream over a network and have usb input both have hdmi out and composite rca the more expensive is the newest one which has a built in hard drive all 3 will play almost every know video out there including iso images the biggest hurdle from playing of your computer is 1 you have to have a video and audio out you can change out the video card for one with a composite video out or a s video out a your computer has to be in the same room b resolution is not going to be all the good no remote for the p.c every video is going to have it's own codec with the exception of a program vlc it plays everything you could buy a wireless rgb device then stream video diamond makes one how ever i don't know the limitation with the western digital media players you have more flexibility not only can you stream wireless but you can play videos from the players a second bonus is the players serve as a dul function they can be come network stroage hub
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  External Hard Drive forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions