Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` KTT XX ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2012 6:36:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:59:27 AM PST
C. Wright says:
The KTT (Kill This Thread) tradition continues on . . . with this 20th installation! Alive since November 1, 2007, WE WILL NEVER DIE!!!

`Kill' the thread by being the last poster within a given time limit. If the time limit passes with no one posting, and yours is the last post, you WIN!

You may, or may not, win a real, or imaginary, book, or other item, written, or not, by one of our current, or previously active, authors, or dabblers in the art of conveying original stories for the enjoyment of others, and to fulfill a deep-seated urge to put pen to paper, or for whatever reason a person has to become a writer . . . (and I ramble). Oh, there was something about a $20 limit that I was suppose to announce, but it just slipped away. Oh, well . . . on with the RULES!!!

1. Points will be accumulated for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

2. To honor an age-old tradition, Fridays will be Filk Day (just because I like alliteration). All participants that day must vote for at least one filk, created that day by a fellow poster (meaning `person who posts' and not "a placard or bill' - just to be clear . . .)
What is a filk (you ask)? I'm glad you asked. A filk is "a popular or folk song with lyrics revised or completely new lyrics, intended for humorous effect when read and/or to be sung late at night at SF conventions."

3. Creation of black holes, and distribution thereof, is only allowed on Mondays. But be very careful when handling Black Hole matter - it may surprise you . . . (however, one point will be awarded to each contestant who remembers this rule on Mondays).

4. If you'd like to talk like a pirate, feel free to do that any day of the week. But just so we don't get overwhelmed with such foolishness, I will limit this kind of talk to Tuesdays. The most creative `talk' may be voted on by others for additional points to the creator of such.

5. Thursdays will be "elves, dragons, gnomes, & bards day." At least one post by each contestant that day must either mention elves, dragons, or gnomes, or be composed in a bard-like fashion (thank you, elf.)

6. There is STILL no rule 6 (don't ask me why . . .).

7. Oops! We can't leave out the ferrets, or there will be an uprising! Let's give them Wednesday to satisfy that craving we have to become one with the ferret; to understand just who, or what, they are; to imitate their every characteristic in our daily lives, or just BECAUSE (again, I ramble).

8. The following folks have already accumulated a point each for making a suggestion on a rule they'd like to see: Archer, the elf, JJ, and Samaya.

9. My newly created Listmania will be posted at a later time. If you have suggestions for inclusion, let me know.

10. Initial time limit - 24 hours - to be reduced for various weekly, or daily, or hourly infractions of rules of engagement that may vary from week-to-week, day-to-day, or hour-to-hour, at my sole discretion.

11. Oh, yeah, for all you newcomers - my posts do not count!

12. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

TIME LIMIT (9/14) = 22 hours
TIME LIMIT (10/25) = 21 hours
TIME LIMIT (11/1) = 20 hours
TIME LIMIT (11/8) = 18 hours

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:24:25 AM PDT
ĴĴ says:
Oh goody! I'm the FIRST POSTER!!! Do I get a GOLD~* STAR???

By the way...the gnomes are after me. I'm going hide.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:29:26 AM PDT
Aaahhh--the sweet taste of nostalgia.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 7:44:57 AM PDT
C. Wright says:
Welcome one and all . . . (especially you two for being first). Yes, you each get a point for posting within the first hour!

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:51:46 AM PDT
I hope I'm not expected to keep track of points!! 'Cause I won't be doing that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 7:53:12 AM PDT
ĴĴ says:
Do we get points taken away for not keeping track of points?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 8:01:25 AM PDT
C. Wright says:
Don't give me any ideas ... I might start taking points away!

No one has to keep track but me, and even I don't have to do that - cause the points do not (or do) mean anything at all!

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:18:07 AM PDT
JRN says:
This one doesn't get this.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 8:47:01 AM PDT
C. Wright says:
This is the reincarnation of multiple threads called "Kill This Thread" that has been in existence since 2007. We are just a bunch of folks that like to have fun, so join in! We welcome new faces and characters. It's just a bunch of silliness . . .

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 9:19:37 AM PDT
Shall I amaze you all with my Bardic Knowledge?

(ahem)
"Once upon a time, a group of forumites initiated the great ritual of KTT (Kicking The Tires). They ranged throughout the Land of Micheline, dodging Fire-stones, kicking tires far and wide. Though they were generally having a Good Year, they eventually decided that their time could be put unto better use, so, with the help of a few Elves, they re-named the KTT ritual "Kill This Thread". This is the twentieth re-tread--may it live long and prosper.
Archer the Bard
P.S.--The forumites quit dragon their feet, and kicked tires gnome more.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 11:06:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2012 11:07:20 AM PDT
The previous bard omitted elves which is curious since she art one. So I will take up the task of bardically mentioning elven kind (though of course I've already done that).

Oh! Elves of the forest are fair, bright and gay! (as in happy)
They run helter skelter the whole live long day.
When darkness descends then they must end their play,
So they sit by the fire and sing night away.

So glad to see a real KTT again. Thank you CW!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 11:35:05 AM PDT
AHEM! I most certainly DID mention them. (See line 4)
;-)

(And, I might add, our running about is actually quite orderly and well thought out, thank you very much!)
:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:04:10 PM PDT
C. Wright says:
Thou ist welcomed!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:39:31 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Awesome. I am soooo going do a black hole next Monday.
Right. Elves, gnomes on Thursday, check.
Ferrets there too, yay!

Excellent job, C.W. *applause*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:40:34 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Scott, out for the (no) prize, eh? Well, I'm gonna give ya a run for yer money.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:42:58 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Hi JRN,
Luckily you don't have to. It is just plain fun. LOL
Welcome to the KTT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 12:43:53 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Way to go Archer.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 1:00:44 PM PDT
*hangs head* I sorry, you right, I blind. As for the disordered scurrying, I must have been thinking of fairies. They tend to flit about skittishly.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 1:01:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 13, 2012 1:01:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 1:52:10 PM PDT
My goal is to be pointless. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 1:59:27 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
I knew you'd have a good reason to be here. LOL

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 2:52:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2012 2:52:37 PM PDT
ĴĴ says:
OBLIVION UPDATE (aren't you all sick of these???)

I really do have to {R}{U}{N}...these days I seem to be going straight from ONE PLACE >>>to>>> ANOTHER!!! Why, just yesterday I was the castle (I've told you all about the castle, yes?) where I was picking up STEAMPUNK GOWNS...for FRANKENSTEIN...of course...much to my surprise...there was a brothel in the castle basement...but THAT is another story for another day!!! YIKES!!! I'm rambling...

I finished all of the GUILD quests in OBLIVION, so I installed and began the ADD-ONS...I finished KNIGHT OF THE NINE within several hours (not all on the same day...HA!), and I just started SHIVERING ISLES today...I LOVE IT!!! I feel as though I've been transported to WONDERLAND!!! ;-) I took the door to MANIA...instead of DEMENTIA...I'm hoping I'll have the chance to take DEMENTIA...eventually...!!! The entire atmosphere of the ISLES is so CHARMING...except for the whole WALKING TREE monster things. I feel like someone {C}{R}{A}{Z}{Y} came up with the concept for this add-on...and I was SHOCKED to find that the ISLES were...in fact...an entirely different world. And the PRINCE guy isn't evil...or at least night from what I can tell thus far...he's just CRAY. CRAY as a CRAYFISH!!! HA! ;-)

I'd love to chat more, but I'm LATE!!! YOWZA!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 2:58:40 PM PDT
I decided I ought to go outside and be useful but apparently the rain gods thought otherwise. I made it back to the house from the mailbox before the crack of thunder announced the rain. I have a filk for tomorrow since it will be the first friday but you have to wait until tomorrow (my time, Samaya).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 3:04:51 PM PDT
JJ, there's a brothel in Oblivion? Who'da thunk it? Sheogorath is evil but not as much as some he just likes to meddle and he is crazier than the Mad Hatter. You can do both sides though I don't remember how. I don't think I did it with but one character. I'm having a good time building and decorating my 3 new houses in Skyrim. I had to go get some Dwemer scrap iron so I could build some automata for the trophy room and ended up picking up bowls and cups and other stuff to strew about decoratively (then return and put it back since stuff doesn't stay where you put it the first time). I bought a horse and I love to ride but the beast goes where I go and that cramps my style sometimes when I just want to fast travel.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2012 3:23:39 PM PDT
Lee says:
JJ, I may have to try the Isles. I was in the middle of something else when I got there, and never got around to going back.

Meanwhile, back to lurking!

But first

Hey gnomes, JJ went this way ===>>
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions