Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

New Books from new people

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 274 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2010 9:50:50 AM PST
Miner says:
Another new author is Jesse Hajicek. His The God Eaters is an absolutely great book.

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 9:52:32 AM PST
Miner says:
Another new author is Jesse Hajicek. His The God Eaters is an absolutely great book.

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 7:26:58 PM PST
Forgotten Hollywood Forgotten History

Great new book!!

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 9:17:09 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 29, 2010 3:57:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 12:01:05 PM PDT
S. D. Best says:
I have a new fantasy book out just this past week. Tales from the Green Book 1: The Magic Flute is a light hearted fantasy story with lots of adventure but without all the hack and slash violence common to the fantasy genre. This is my debut novel so I would greatly appreciate anyone who wants to go through the trouble of writing a review for me. Let me know what you think at spamnotron@yahoo.com or http://sdbest.blogspot.net.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 12:13:45 PM PDT
D. Broda Jr. says:
I'm terrible at this. I write and draw and just put down what comes out without thinking about it with drawing\coloring and writing, well, I TRY to keep it all in check but sometimes characters take away my lines and go off on their own.

When it comes to describing my own work... oy. I've had more than a few emails and calls asking me what my newest book is about and I kind of 'BLANK'. Ouch. There's nothing worse than trying to give detail on what you write. For me anyways. I kind of want people to read it and draw their own opinions on what the meaning is, if there is in fact, any meaning there.

Honestly, I've had others find better meaning or hidden things in my own work than I intended but I guess that is just the case we all of us since we all look at art of any form with our own thoughts\views\between the lines scope.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010 10:20:58 AM PDT
J. Dean says:
The Summoning of Clade Josso: The First Descent into the Vein

It's my book, available in both DTP and paperback. It's fantasy, but not your Tolkien-world fantasy. It's more akin to Stephen King's Dark Tower fantasy, as it's an original setting with original ideas (Yes, I'm tooting my own horn a little bit). The second novel is in the works and nearly done.

J. Dean, Author, The Summoning of Clade Josso: The first descent into the Vein

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 6:20:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 8, 2012 7:54:26 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 6:28:56 AM PDT
Rosemary: Sounds good...how about a link? It will help others check out your book more easily.
Like this:Elfhunter: A Tale Of Alterra, The World That Is
Or this? Iris and the Dragonflies

It's easy! Use the 'insert product link' thingie.

Best of luck...
'Archer'

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 12:28:18 PM PDT
Since I am from Oregon I want to promote a new Oregon Author-N.R. Rose. She wrote a fantasy book called "Griffin's Calling" while in high school. My nephew and I read it and we loved it. It's actual release date is April 13, 2010, however we got and early release off the Tate Publishing website. Griffin's Calling has its own website at http://griffinscalling.tatepublishing.net.

It has great descriptions, plot and strong characters!!! We couldn't put it down!!

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 12:31:34 PM PDT
Griffin's Calling looks like the book you want people to read. It is easy to put in a product link.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2010 1:52:00 PM PDT
Archer,
Did you just insert a link for me?!? Why thank you kind person, I appreciate your help. (In case it doesn't show enough, I'm a newbie.) I'll try the link on my post, as practice.

Rosemary

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 2:02:27 PM PDT
Seeing as everyone else is taking the opportunity for self-promotion...

Imagine a world where the lands float in the sky...where fleets of flying ships rise to do battle with warriors on flying beasts...a world whose heart is a mighty storm ten thousand miles wide. A world of magic and mystery, of high adventure and ancient evil, where the fates of men are forged in the endless skies. In a faraway land, a boy learns a terrible secret, one that see's his village destroyed, that casts him into the depths of slavery. From the killing sands of the arena to the bloody decks of pirate ships, he follows path of vengeance and redemption, of honor and glory. Slave, warrior...hero. This is the story of Macsen dun Mocredd. This is the tale of The Storm at the Center of the World: Book One

Also available in paperback!The Storm At The Center Of The World: Book One

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 2:43:29 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 4:02:22 PM PDT
Keary Taylor says:
Branded: Fall of Angels

Give Branded a try.

Night after night, Jessica stands trial before a council of vindictive angels for deeds she didn't commit. Condemnation brings a branding as they dementedly laugh and point but exaltation starts a war over her soul.

These are Jessica's nightmares.

Alex is everything Jessica could ever want and she'll do anything to be with him. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck.

This is what she will fight for.

But the nightmares rule Jessica's life and she must find a way to stop the events that are pulling her toward her own judgment or become the object of her greatest fear. And lose Alex forever.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2010 6:43:45 PM PDT
Piyaletse says:
"The Coranite Chronicles". New author. New book. Fantasy. Check it out.

Posted on Apr 14, 2010 10:07:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 21, 2010 2:26:38 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2010 1:09:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 10, 2010 1:59:58 PM PDT]

Posted on May 10, 2010 1:11:36 PM PDT
C. Sachs says:
Neil,
Please stop the cut and paste insertion of your book into every available thread.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2010 1:59:42 PM PDT
my apologies

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 1:09:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2010 1:12:36 PM PDT
Hi

May I be so bold as to suggest my debut novel - The Valkyrie Sagas: Mimir's Well. It is the first in a quadrilogy of books, a tale set today but woven around the characters and stories of Norse Mythology. The story line is intriguing, the characters colourful and the book is invisibly 'Edu-taining' - you'll learn a lot as you read. You can download the first six chapters for free from www.thevalkyriesagas.com in try-before-you-buy sort of way.

Best wishes

Greg

PS I almost forgot - guaranteed 'Vampire free' book; I'm sick of everybody jumping on this band wagon!

Posted on May 14, 2010 9:20:52 AM PDT
Thomas Ryan says:
Good day,

My debut novel, DEADLY DEPARTED, has just been published for the Kindle and I would be honored if any forum members would give it a gander.

DEADLY DEPARTED is an unconventional mystery that unfolds in an even more unconventional setting: the hereafter.

Constable Philo has a new murder case on his hands, one that bears a striking resemblance to the only other murder he has ever investigated, an unsolved homicide that occurred 50 years ago. Despite the passage of time, it appears that the territory's only practicing serial killer has struck once more on Philo's watch. What complicates both cases for the veteran constable, however, is not that the murders were committed a half century apart, but rather that both victims were already dead; then again, so is Philo.

Welcome to Rue, an extraordinary next world inhabited by ordinary people who have kicked the bucket before their appointed time, people like Constable Philo and the pair of dead-again victims for whom he seeks justice. When the unseen killer fixates on some newcomers to Rue, Philo exploits that fixation in an attempt to lure the fiend out into the open. And while the constable makes every effort to safeguard those newcomers, his quest to ferret out the DEADLY DEPARTED unearths a toxic mystery that is rooted in Rue's enigmatic past. As a direct result, Philo's new murder case burgeons into an über whodunit, one that, if left unsolved, imperils every being in Rue, a place where no one ever dies-normally.

Shamelessly,

Tom Ryan

Deadly Departed

Posted on May 14, 2010 12:24:36 PM PDT
If you enjoy short stories and/or poems, I have an e-anthology up for sale here on Kindle. It's only 99 cents, so pretty cheap! Fantastika: A Collection of Stories and Poems

Posted on May 16, 2010 9:41:40 PM PDT
Imogen Rose says:
May I introduce mine? PORTAL, a time travel romance fantasy.
Portal (Portal Chronicles)
Portal

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2010 10:31:44 AM PDT
Michaelbrent says:
I just did a Listmania list you might like... http://www.amazon.com/lm/RN8KTP2QZ9F0D/ref=cm_pdp_lm_title_1

- Michaelbrent Collings
author, Billy: Mesenger of Powers
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  179
Total posts:  274
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions