Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` KTT XX ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 15, 2012 3:05:38 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Will you look at these. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_fairy_armadillo Never seen anything like it. This could be in a fantasy novel. :-)

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 3:16:55 PM PDT
The pink fairy armadillo looks weird.

I'm working on a novel where I wanted an interesting name for an Island. I thought I would name it after a type of goat. I came up with fainting goats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGz97dxGHV8.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 3:24:42 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Poor little goats.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 3:26:02 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
An island named after a goat. Hmmm. Fascinating idea. :-)
How's the book going so far?

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:12:26 PM PDT
It's fun to write. I'm on the first draft, and I keep thinking of things that I will have to change in revisions. I love this stage of writing though. (I don't like late edits.)

Aren't you working on a romantic suspense novel? How is that going?

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 5:18:36 PM PDT
Lee says:
Do you hear that faint crackle?
Do you taste that tang?
Do you feel that twist in your gut?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 7:12:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 7:13:37 PM PDT
Which faint crackle would that be, Lee? The one that tells me a chaurus is about to poison me or the one that tells me there is a skeleton around the corner? The tang definitely means chaurus, though, and the gut twist is the sure knowledge that the chaurus are accompanied by Falmer.

I restarted Skyrim with the Hearthfire dlc, can you tell? Lol

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 8:22:44 PM PDT
ĴĴ says:
A young brunette goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it. "Impossible," says the doctor. "Show me." She takes her finger, pushes her elbow, and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams, and so on it goes. The doctor says, "You're not really a brunette, are you?" She says, "No, I'm really a blonde." "I thought so," he says. "You're finger is broken."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 4:23:31 AM PDT
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 6:48:41 AM PDT
ĴĴ says:
ARCHER! Don't try to take the win away from me!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 7:35:39 AM PDT
You know, JJ, My first KTT was X and I dropped into it when chaos was having a session of jokes. It wasn't an official day or anything. Inevitably the jokes came round to dumb blonde jokes and I was forced to intercede on behalf of the natural blondes of the world. And why are dumb blondes always women in the jokes? That joke would have worked just a well had it featured an Aggie, a jock, or a southerner (though that's also treading on thin ice). I'm just sayin'. You don't want to arouse the ire of a blonde woman who can defend herself.

How many southerners does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Well, I expect it would just take one but that would depend. First I'd have to find PawPaw to ask him how it's done, then I'd have to send Junior to fetch Billy-Bob from whichever bar he's in because he's the only one tall enough to reach, then I'd have to send Bubba to the store which is over the next hill and down in the holler to get however many PawPaw said we would need because we don't have any here at the house and by then I expect dinner would be ready so we couldn't do it until after we ate and washed up. If the cows didn't need milking by then I suppose Billy-Bob could do it by himself. So I reckon the answer to your question is one. Am I right?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 7:37:51 AM PDT
What? Why couldn't I do it myself? That's not women's work.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 7:41:16 AM PDT
ĴĴ says:
I typically don't find blonde jokes funny...that one just tickles my funny bone, though. ;-)

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 7:53:01 AM PDT
Dumb blonde jokes exists because it isn't politically correct to make Polish jokes. When I was growing up, that was the fad. Then something in math/computers called reverse Polish notation became important, and many people thought it was a joke. It isn't.

Fortunately, we've largely gotten away from jokes about groups, but I will tell a math joke, which is appreciated more by people in math: How many mathematicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

One, who gives it to all the southerners in the previous joke.

Another lightbulb joke: How many people who love to make others feel guilty does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. I'll just sit here in the dark.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 8:28:27 AM PDT
JJ, that's the insidious part of blonde jokes; they are usually funny. They appeal to the "I'm sure glad I'm not that dumb" in everyone. Plus blondes are still fairly rare as compared to brunettes who are legion. I always wished i got the redhead genes from my dad. All of the grandchildren in my family got the blonde genes from our grandfather. In my case both my grandfathers were blonde. I don't think there were any redheads though in my Mom's family but there was in my husband's family so my son is a redhead. My elder cousin married a redhead so her sons are blonde but her daughter is a redhead. And so it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 8:33:23 AM PDT
Teresa, the thing that makes my joke one specifically about Southerners is not the funny names but all of the extraneous information it takes to get to the answer. The south was settled largely by Celtic peoples and the bardic nature of storytelling runs deep. Why use one word when a full description of the events would make a better story?

The joke could also have been answered "one, if I can find a chair."

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 8:38:13 AM PDT
Here's a lightbulb joke in pictures. http://pirate-kit.deviantart.com/art/A-bad-lightbulb-joke-13149771 I was looking for one I heard at MechaCon to see if it would make sense here. It was funny.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:25:35 AM PDT
Cute joke picture, Joyce. I did need the explanation about the extraneous information. I've never lived in the south and don't know it well at all.

The thing that makes the math lightbulb joke funny is that mathematicians are constantly reducing things to previously solved problems.

Here is an example of a math joke about that.

You have a pot in a cabinet, a sink and a stove. How do you boil water?
Answer: take the pot out of the cabinet, put it in the sink, fill it almost full of water, turn off the water, take the pot of water to the stove, put it on the stove, turn on the stove. Wait.

The pot is in the sink. How do you boil water?
Put the pot in the cabinet and use the answer to the previous problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 11:12:20 AM PDT
C. Wright says:
Joyce gets a point for the most votes on yesterday's jokes (and I did not vote), so she takes the lead in useless points with 5 of them!

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 12:21:31 PM PDT
Have any of you ever heard the Dark, Dark joke?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 1:15:42 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Howdy folks.

Teresa,
Glad to hear it, and I totally agree on the late edits. Grrr.

I'm about 10,000 words away from the end of my PNR novel, 6K of those are meant for actual writing, the remainder is set aside for certain liberties during the edits. It's still fun, but now I'm trying to get the final big battle down. I can see it in my head, know the words, but they are a bit reluctant to come out. *sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 1:17:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2012 1:39:11 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Lee,
Can't say I do? Could it be congestion?...indigestion...constipation, maybe?
LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 1:18:51 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
JJ,
LOL
Gawd, that is awful. Poor blondes.
Good one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 1:19:25 PM PDT
I'm not! I was laughing hysterically at your extremely amusing joke!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 1:20:42 PM PDT
Samaya Young says:
Hehehe.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions