Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` KTT XX ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2326-2350 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:12:08 AM PST
Samaya Young says:
Aawww. Bob likes his bisquits. Can I give him some chicken? There's a darlin' Bob. Come on. Come an' get it. *makes kissy noise*

LOL

Hi Archer.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:53:44 AM PST
Samaya:
Bob says "Thank you". However, I really shouldn't reward him. I mean, if he gets treated like THIS every time he hijacks my keyboard, you'll get weary of him really quickly. He tends to Spam his book all over the place, too. :-P

I must admit, though, I admire his sense of humor. Some of the participants in other forum threads could use a healthy dose of it, I'm thinkin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:14:12 AM PST
Archer, if I hadn't corrected it my typing was every bit as good a Bob's. I could have blamed it on a cat but it was me.

I did sleep a little but not much. My throat is raw so I'm trying to kill the cough completely until it heals a bit. Usually I let myself cough up gunk during the day. I haven't had a sore throat in forever either. I don't know where I picked up the flu. I don't think I can catch it from Canadian emails and I started with a cough the evening I got home from my cousin's. I don't think it comes on that fast besides they all get flu shots because her husband is not healthy and the rest of them are out amongst people all the time.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:21:52 AM PST
Y'all are so sweet to let me whine like this. I dislike being sick especially since there is no one to coddle me, though come to think of it there never was anyone to coddle me. My husband could be a big baby when he was sick but he wasn't one to coddle anyone else. When he was little he didn't want any one around. When he was about 8 he had a childhood something and his mother was sitting with him. He asked her if she didn't have something better to do.

I once saw a great get well card for that sort. I think it was a Boynton. It said "My dog had what you have. He crawled under the porch and stayed there 'til he felt better."

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:11:06 AM PST
C. Wright says:
Wow! I watched "White Christmas" for the very first time last night (amazing that I had never seen it before), then woke up this morning to a beautiful white wonderland! The winds are extremely fierce today, and it's 29 degrees out.

Max would not venture out his doggy door cause it was so windy. I let him out the front door (less wind there) and he did his business on the landing!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:49:25 AM PST
You'd never seen White Christmas? Wow, I didn't really believe that was possible. Snow, huh? We had wind and rain overnight but it cleared with the sun. It's going to be cooler but no snow. Poor little Max, does he mind the snow, too or just the wind. My cats have seen snow once and I think it puzzled them more than anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:21:37 AM PST
C. Wright says:
Snow is okay with him; I think it was the wind that's bothersome. 5 minutes ago, he finally ventured out for his first pee expedition of the day!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:23:53 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Can't blame a dog for wanting to have his "voice" heard. They need that sometimes.

Ah, yes, a sense of humor is vital.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:25:47 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
LOL. Good card.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:29:03 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
That's a bad thing? Doing his business on the landing?

Okay, I'm going to be sorry I asked, but what's "White Christmas"?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:33:36 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Strange to think that all my dogs have never seen snow...heck, I haven't seen snow myself in...gawd, sixteen years!
The mind boggles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:55:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 12:57:10 PM PST
One of THE Christmas movies, Samaya. White Christmas it's on NetFlix now I'm going to have to watch it again. Two people who don't know the movie. Who'da thunk it?

Here's some trivia for you, then. The song White Christmas was not first heard in that movie but in an earlier and remarkably similar Bing Crosby movie called Holiday Inn. You do at least know the song? You know...I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I knew before?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:03:11 PM PST
I had to stop revising because the wind is so bad it is causing fluctuations/power outages--every time this happens I lose, like, a full page of revisions. Not gonna do it to myself, deadline or no deadline. :-P

Tonight, winter arrives in earnest!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:16:08 PM PST
Archer: you need an ups (Uninterruptible Power Supply) or at least a laptop with a good battery.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:16:09 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Yes, I know the song, no I don' know the movie. But then, there's plenty of classics I don't know. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:18:12 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Could it be the beginning of the end?

*snort*
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Don't you have a laptop you can use in such instances. You leave it on the power so the battery stays full, but have the power as a backup when it goes off again...I always do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:21:07 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
A ups, eh? I always wanted one of those batteries but they're ridiculously expensive.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:18:18 PM PST
My laptop is a Mac. I revise and write on a "virgin" desktop pc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:39:35 PM PST
ĴĴ says:
I've never seen WHITE CHRISTMAS. ;-)

Of course, I've heard of it and know what it is. I just gravitate more to the indie offerings at this time of the year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:42:11 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Mac's just too pretty. *sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:52:14 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Glad to hear we weren't the only ones, JJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:21:42 PM PST
It's really windy here, too. Do you suppose it's a planetary gravitational black hole catastrophe heralding the end of times? Or maybe a frontal passage.

I just re watched White Christmas and now I'm watching Disney's Alice in Wonderland. JJ are there indie Christmas movie classics?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:18:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:00 PM PST
ĴĴ says:
Well, they're not classics obviously...but I still like them. Some of them are horrible, though...CHRISTMAS CAPER??? Absolute rubbish. ;-) {{{{{IMO}}}}}

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:52:58 PM PST
C. Wright says:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't seen White Christmas! Of course, I thought I had seen it but when I walked in the room and hubby says, "Name this movie," I was totally baffled and said I didn't recognize it at all. I knew Bing Crosby, and Danny Kaye, although it took a bit to remember his last name. So we watched it from the beginning, after first seeing the end, so it was backwards watching. Oh, well. I think there is still a 20-min. patch in the middle that I missed, but it's recorded so I'll watch it tomorrow.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:14:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 11:14:47 PM PST
Hope you are feeling lots better, Joyce.

The kiddos have discovered the Power Rangers. I remember the first one. Little did I know about all of the reboots, spin-offs, etc, etc. There is even a Christmas special, oh yes. It did not end up in my top 10 (or top 1000) Christmas specials. I watched the first half of Hogfather last night. Will watch the second half tomorrow night.

edited to fix spelling.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions