Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯` KTT XX ´¯`°¤.¸.¤.¸.¤°´¯`

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1476-1500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:48:37 AM PST
I luv kashoos.
--Archerrz dogbob

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:00:53 AM PST
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They count--Peanut is in the name. Macadamias are also excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:53:32 AM PST
C. Wright says:
hmmm . . . did dogbob use his paw to type that out? I'll let it go - your creativity saved the day!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:54:50 AM PST
C. Wright says:
Good choice! How've you been, Scott? Don't forget that every poster today must follow the rules . . . I'm watching you . . .

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:54:43 AM PST
C. Wright says:
I'm snacking on sunflower seeds this week, but I also have pecans on my desk. Cashews are sometimes my favorite. Almonds are good, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 10:43:57 AM PST
ĴĴ says:
Do YOU have to follow the THURSDAY RULE???
I'm going to add a bardic rhyme. Cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:54:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 12:45:33 PM PST
C. Wright says:
I'm exempt. Whose going to punish me? Hah!

Although I try to abide (I really don't like Talk Like a Pirate Day!)
So, I'll mention elves and gnomes cause I don't have a bard-like narrative to tell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:09:12 PM PST
Well, I've been out since morning and just got back. I'm glad to see that the dragons didn't eat you. You do know that a dragon's favorite snack is people because they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I left a list of things to do
But found they weren't done
The gnomes said hey, what's up with you
We went out for a run
The elves were useless and too few
So they laid out in the sun
The cat just stared and gave a mew
So I did it all myself because I know when I've been beat

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:53:53 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Howdy folks.
Been without power all day. *sigh* Wasn't all that bad, seeing as there was a lot to do outside, and I took a nap. Hehehe.

Teresa,
Thank you. :-D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:57:44 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Cherry is wonderful, C.W. Would love to see it.
Sorry you got walloped in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:09:05 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Ehm, I wasn't, until you mentioned it, no. Grrrr.

I'm way late for this, I'm guessing, but no one can accuse me of not pulling my weight. Peanut. What can I say, I'm very easy to please when it comes to nuts. Peanuts or Walnuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:09:50 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
I don't know why, but I'm not surprised. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:11:07 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:11:51 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Boy you're tough!

Hiya Scott.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:12:31 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Oh yes, Almonds, but only fresh from the peel.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:40:33 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Okay. *cracks knuckles*
Time to get to it. I think I can mention an elf somewhere. :-)

Serendipity:
Rhey didn't immediately answer, looked at him in speculation instead. At last she said, "Isn't it obvious?"
"Not really."
She sighed, then turned and pointed at one of the green scaled creatures. "You think they are indigenous to this planet?"
He followed her gaze. "I don't know. I presumed they were."
She shook her head. "And me? I'm an elf, you know. I do not belong in the world of dragons. None of us do." Pax, who stood at a slight distance nodded his head in agreement. She went on, "A long time ago, this universe used to have thirteen planets, and yet Serendipity is the last of its kind."
"I still don't see what-" Joe began.
"Don't interrupt me." There was something in her expression that silenced him very effectively, left him feeling a sense of dread. "Vhalé and his ilk, arrived here an odd century or two ago after their planet collapsed during the transition. It was not their choice, but survival superseded all else. Pax, lost his home eighty years ago, and I've been here for the past two decades ever since the same happened to mine."
"A transition?" How come these people expected him to know what they were talking about? At the moment he felt that every time he turned around yet another shock hit him in the face.
"Yes. Come." She snatched the sleeve of his shirt, dragged him along to a slope where they could look through a gap between the trees, beyond the forest. "Look." As far as the eye could see, endless planes stretched toward the horizon; tall grass swaying silver in the pale light, undulating almost violently even as he dutifully looked at the spot she indicated.
There, following the line of her pointing finger, just where earth met the sky, a distortion gradually slid into view.
Stunned he stood there, sensing rather than seeing the others join them and watch a strange cluster of light rise into the sky as Serendipity turned on her axel.
At first it was a straight line that spiraled upward, but then an apple-shaped balloon of what he could only presume were nebulous gasses, popped from behind the horizon and started its ascend toward its zenith. It was like a picture of a universe, only less big. More like some massive explosion that had been frozen in time.
"What is it?"
"That used to be my home. Before one of your kind messed up and destroyed it."...

----
Hmmm a little long, but the cliffhanger just wouldn't come. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:42:57 PM PST
Samaya, don't forget to say the magic word.

Sorry you're powerless but napping is good. Glad you have a computer with a battery and access to the Internet. When my power goes away I have no Internet or telephone as well as all the more expected lacks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:52:05 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
Power went back on just an hour after nightfall, so I'm all set. Yay.
Love the computer. Have 10 hour battery which lasts me five hours if I only use word and Internet. (Internet requires a lot of power apparently)

Magic word? Hmmm. "Please", "Bingo", "Yowsa"...this could take forever. I need a hint. What's the magic word for?

;-)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:52:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:37:52 PM PST
I posted it before refreshing so I didn't know you had managed a magic word or actually two of them.

I just found this and wanted to pass it on. Tim powers is usually a good bet. Hide Me Among the Graves. It's .99 on Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:01:41 PM PST
Samaya Young says:
:-)

Ooh, sounds good.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:00:53 AM PST
Samaya Young says:
No one?
This is unprecedented...I think.
It was some night, over here. I don't think it ever rained this hard. We've got flooding everywhere, and according to the locals, our area all along the coast are declared danger zones.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:53:01 AM PST
ĴĴ says:
Are you all right???...living on the mountain and all? ;-)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:00:42 AM PST
C. Wright says:
TIME LIMIT dropped 2 more hours, so we are at 18 hours now.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:34:30 AM PST
C. Wright says:
The days are short, and I'm not through,
Working in the yard.
Today is nice and sunny though,
So I guess I'd better start.

Blah! Oh, well.
I need to put some flat rocks in the strawberry bed so I'll have some footholds for picking next spring. Then spread the straw, and gather up all the watermelon vines from the three rock beds. I got 95.5 lbs. of watermelon this year (avg. 10.6 ea., largest was 18.5, smallest 4.6), plus I have 4 more small, under-developed ones still in the frig that I haven't weighed. I don't even know if they are still good. Guess I need to cut into them and find out!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:38:38 AM PST
I'm being busy as a bee but quite frankly I'm feeling flat and dissatisfied. I want to go somewhere and do something but I don't want to do it alone and there isn't much going on that I enjoy doing even by myself. bugger it

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend. I will say the weather is gorgeous.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions