Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

Wicked Witch as Heroine?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2013 8:29:16 PM PST
Besides "Wicked," are there any novels that cast a wicked witch as the heroine of the piece?

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 10:12:13 PM PST
Kelley Armstrong'sHaunted (Women of the Otherworld, Book 5). In previous books the lead was not exactly the best person.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 10:52:16 AM PST
The main character of "Feast of Souls" (first in a [completed] trilogy by C.S. Friedman) is a sorceress and, while not wicked, is hardly Lawful Good.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 1:05:59 PM PST
Brian says:
That reminds me of an idea I had years ago. I thought about writing a story about Dorthy returning to OZ in her thirties. Glenda, being the only power remaining in OZ, had turned evil....kind of a "Darth Glenda" thing. Maybe I'll revisit it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 10:20:47 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
What was that mini-series with Zooey Deschanel? Tin Man?

There's an erotica series of novellas out about Oz, too, but at the moment, I'm drawing a blank on titles and/or author. :(

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 12:05:18 PM PST
Brian says:
Tin Man. I enjoyed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 12:31:56 PM PST
I liked that one too. The same folks made an Alice in Wonderland & Peter Pan miniseries too. I was kind of meh about Alice. Haven't seen Neverland yet.

What about Anne Bishops Black Jewels series? WOuld that count? I haven't read it, but it is on my TBR list.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 12:36:33 PM PST
I loved "Tin Man". Amusing as it is to watch Debbie Gibson and Tiffany slap each other around and then fall into a swamp, I wish the SciFi channel (or, *sigh*, "SyFy") would go back to making original movies and miniseries that are actually, you know, good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 6:53:29 AM PST
PJ says:
Good luck with that. It seems they only put out junk nowadays. Its sad because most of that stuff isnt even tollerable. I used to have SciFi as one of my fav's on my remote, now I dont even know what channel # its on.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 7:27:17 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:00:07 AM PST
M. Carole says:
Matthew Cook did two books about a female necromancer as protagonist, they're worth a read: Blood Magic: Book One Of The Ballad Of Kirin Widowmaker (Bk. 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:13:31 AM PST
How many more forums are you going to spam today?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:16:30 PM PST
Oh thank you. I was wondering about wicked witch as protag...i was reading The Woodcutter and started thinking. Now I know what to look for. Thank you again.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:42:49 PM PST
M. Carole says:
I forgot this one, which is more tongue in cheek, but entertaining: A Nameless Witch
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions