Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

Are you tried of the same old vampire story over and over again?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2012 11:30:13 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:16:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 1:34:51 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
The following information is directed at authors or fans who mistakenly find their way to this forum in order to promote a certain book before finding out the rules.

So here are the rules according to AMAZON:

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum.

A) Read the posting policy of what is and is not allowed
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

B) Read Amazon's post (that appeared on all forums earlier last year) that specifically says they are cracking down on shameless self promotions
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20TWTO4E05JYM

C) Visit the Meet Our Authors forum to self promote or learn about other authors books.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 3:10:42 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 15, 2013 7:32:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 12:09:42 AM PST
epb says:
I didn't read the original post, but I suspect this applies: I'm not only tired of the same old vampire, werewolf, faerie, and zombie stories - I'm tired of everyone thinking they've come up with an interesting new take on vampire, werewolf, faerie and zombie stories. When I'm drowning in cherry Kool-Aid, the solution isn't to pour in a pitcher of grape Kool-Aid.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 1:12:30 PM PST
The best thing about the final Twilight movie....it's the FINAL Twilight movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 8:18:08 AM PST
W. Westphal says:
Okay, you are safe from my wrath so far. Perfectly safe to like Twilight, I even kind of a little, despite being male(are you?). Just so long as your love does not include the sparkly monster known only as Breaking Dawn. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 12:42:32 PM PST
Indeed not. I'm pretty sure the solution is to pour in a few quarts of vodka.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 12:08:10 PM PST
Dear Leonard,

Thank you for posting the rules information. I will be honest with you the forum here on Amazon are a bit of a maze and I have never seen the guild-lines. I found the forum though a Google Search which lead me to this location. Since you know so much about the forum is there an INDEX to all of them?

I am new and I am trying not to abuse the system, but the system is a bit confusing.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 12:59:12 PM PST
L.$imms says:
Nope, I never get tired of them. Vampires, vampire killers, werewolves, witches, sorcerers, faeries, necromancers, doppelgangers, bean sidnes, demi demons, demi gods, reapers, angels, fallen angels, elementals, shape shifters, old souls, and haunted houses. Just to name a few.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:12:13 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
No, there is no index. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, though, you can see which forums are most active, and click on the one(s) you are interested in participating in. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:54:21 AM PST
Seabreeze says:
I don't know if you have read any of these or even if your interested, but I have really enjoyed these series because they are a little different. I am not trying to promote anyone, just putting out there what I like because the authors seem to have created worlds that are different than the usual.

Void City Series by J.F. Lewis

Staked (Void City, Book 1)

Downside Ghosts by Stacia Kane

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts)

Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

Magic Bites: A Special Edition of the First Kate Daniels Novel

Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger (Steampunk with vampires, ghosts, werewolves, but the main character is unique).

Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate)

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 3:33:24 PM PST
Barbara Hambly's Vampire series. The first book is 'Those Who Hunt the Night'

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 11:04:34 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 24, 2013 9:40:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 6:16:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 23, 2013 6:17:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:27:00 AM PST
**sigh** No you may not. Self promotion is only allowed in the Meet Our Authors forum.

The following information is directed at authors or fans who mistakenly find their way to this forum in order to promote a certain book before finding out the rules.

So here are the rules according to AMAZON:

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum.

A) Read the posting policy of what is and is not allowed
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/content/db-guidelines.html/ref=cm_cd_f_h_help

B) Read Amazon's post (that appeared on all forums earlier last year) that specifically says they are cracking down on shameless self promotions
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20TWTO4E05JYM

C) Visit the Meet Our Authors forum to self promote or learn about other authors books.
http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 4:58:03 AM PST
Heather Wood says:
The vampire story needs a stake driven through it.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:42:00 AM PST
Nahnee says:
I used to read heaps of vampire romances because they were similar to each other and I enjoyed that but now I prefer urban fantasies. They all began to blur into each other like the heroes in Feehan's carpathian novels.

I'm curious about what part of vampire stories are you guys tired off? And how would you put a fresh new take on witches, zombies, fairies, wolves etc. or are you just plain tired of them?

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:53:48 AM PST
Rabid Reader says:
I love any book that is well written and conveys an interesting story. I just finished book 3 of Amanda Hocking's My Blood Approves series. I loved the first two books, but the third one was so draggy and I started to resent the genre a little. But I realized shortly after it wasn't the vampires that bothered me it was the slow mundane stuff. I still love her work and will likely read more of her work, I'm hoping that flutter was a learning experience for her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:04:02 PM PST
Adam Stone says:
Witches, zombies, fairies, wolves? Why put a fresh twist on them? Aren't they all done enough? Done to death? Seems like wanting to read about them is similar to wanting to eat at McDonald's. You get the same thing no matter what city you're in, predictable and boring. I look for books that aren't predictable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:50:15 AM PST
Dragons, knights, dwarves, elves, spaceships, aliens, monsters. Yep. All done.

Everything's been done before.

Sometimes eating at McDonalds (or In-N-Out or whatever cheap/fast food we want to call it) is fun. It's a treat. And I know what I'm getting and that I'll more or less enjoy it. Or I could spend $80 a plate at a fancy restaurant with whatever fusion cuisine that may or may not look like pond scum. But some people live for that. And that's OK.

Just as it is fine and dandy to read about whatever floats your boat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM PST
Mmmm, In-n-Out Burger ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:53:22 AM PST
I know. I'm now starving. Do I want to deal with the lunch crowd? That is the dilemma.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 10:58:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 10:58:26 AM PST
There's always the drive-thru, with the line of cars that goes out into the parking lot and halfway to the shopping center entrance and ends in some clean-cut 19-year-old wearing a spotless white uniform, a paper hat, and a radio microphone and carrying a portable receipt printer so he can take your order 20 minutes before you actually reach the take-out window. Not that I'm familiar with that scenario or anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 11:01:57 AM PST
Of course not! ;)

They are usually the nicest employees, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 11:05:37 AM PST
Oh they definitely are! :-) What I REALLY want to know, though, is how they keep all those vast interior expanses of white tile so clean and highly polished that a vampire would be unable to see his or her reflection in them ...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions