Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

Price dropped/free fantasy (no self promo)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 79 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:17:51 AM PST
R. Strydom says:
Ah suck, the ones I wanted aren't available for Africa (I live in South Africa). Only the U.S.

Sigh.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 8:24:14 AM PST
Sorry to hear that. :(

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:26:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2012 8:27:37 AM PST
Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane) book 1 in UF series by Jaye Wells is $2.99.

Child of Fire: A Twenty Palaces Novel by Harry Connolly is 99 cents (UF series).

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 10:01:31 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 12:55:34 PM PST
"Sorry guys, Amazon deleted the link because I put it htrough the publisher to link back to amazon, by mistake."

You don't seem to be getting it. You're promoting books for your publisher (if I'm remembering the post correctly) and that's still considered a self-interest. This latest post of yours will likely be deleted also.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 1:00:37 PM PST
And even if it's not deleted, I figured it out all by myself. I'm quick like that.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 10:00:24 AM PST
Sires says:
Just wanted to note that Audible (found on Amazon) has the first two of the three volumes of Carol Berg's Collegia Magica series for sale as downloads for even nonmembers at $11.90 each. The unabridged The Spirit Lens: A Novel of the Collegia Magica is 17 hours and 18 minutes long and The Soul Mirror: A Novel of the Collegia Magica is 18 hours and 15 minutes. Audible Frontiers is the publisher imprint for the Audible SFF line and has good production values.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 11:11:07 AM PST
Sorry, Robin, just happens to be in the same pub house. The writer's a friend, that's all.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 2:48:53 AM PST
Spectator51 says:
I recently saw this on another discussion The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. It's 9.99 but it includes the first three books which are currently listed individually for 7.99.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:08:53 AM PST
Spectator51 says:
Dragon Keeper (Rain Wilds Chronicles, Vol. 1) (The Rain Wild Chronicles) by Robin Hobb is $1.99. The third book is coming out next month.

Some old books from Martha Wells for $2.99
The Element of Fire
City of Bones
Wheel of the Infinite

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:47:02 AM PST
ReaderWriter says:
Haha, for a moment there, I thought the "City of Bones" referred to the one from Cassandra Clare's series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 7:17:22 PM PST
If it's still for sale I recommend The Second Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb. I recommend it at full price even.I really enjoy Hobb's books.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 3:14:13 PM PST
Sires says:
Audible.com has a sale on-- short time, until 12 noon ET 1/19/2012. It's only available to members so the Amazon website doesn't reflect any reduction in prices. But it's a great deal to audible members-- $7.95 each for

The Farseer: Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Ex-Heroes UNABRIDGED by Peter Clines (Zombies)
Neil Gaiman's American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition (A Full Cast Production) UNABRIDGED
Graveyard Book
Hammered and Hexed by Kevin Hearne (Books 2 and 3 of the Iron Druid series)
The Wise Man's Fear: Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2 UNABRIDGED by Patrick Rothfuss, Daughter of Smoke and Bone UNABRIDGED by Laini Taylor
Snuff by Terry Pratchett (brilliant narration by Stephen Briggs)

There's others including I, Claudius (not a fantasy but definitely takes you to another world with Roberts Graves portrayal of ancient Rome.

I wish I didn't own so many of these already or I would be loading up my Amazon cloud space.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 8:19:18 PM PST
norm cowie says:
@Barbara S
I second the Jim Hines goblin books. I loved his full length Goblin Quest, everything told from the POV of a downtrodden, disrespected goblin. The sequel wasn't as good and I didn't like his princess books. But Goblin Quest, most worthy. So if he wrote a short with goblins, it's probably pretty good (note to self: find this)

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 7:06:26 AM PST
Spectator51 says:
The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus Volume 1) (Bartimaeus Trilogy) by Jonathan Stroud just dropped to $4.49. Books 2 and 3 are listed at $6.29. These just became available for Kindle around Christmas. I read these when they were first published and my son was reading them. We enjoyed them all. The Amazon.com review on vol. 1 is accurate IMO.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 10:02:04 AM PST
American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel by Neil Gaiman is $1.99 (I heard it's today only). Also, be sure that you look at the right edition - the 10th anniversay edition without the video extras is $1.99. There is another version that is $9.99 (must have been released before), then there is a 10th Anniv. ed. that has video extras (I think that one is $14.99). So, just a warning to be sure you are looking at the right one. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 2:25:32 PM PST
AmeliaAT says:
Thank you, Kindle-aholic! I've been wanting to read Neil Gaiman for some time since he sounds like just the sort of author I like, and I've liked interviews I've read with him and about him. Now that I've snapped this one up, I'm likely to actually read it soon!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 4:23:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2012 4:24:32 PM PST
Thanks Kindle-aholic: Great price, and I just downloaded it. He is a wonderful author, but I will say that some of his outspoken rants are kind of distasteful. It won't stop me from enjoying his talent though!

Edit to add: a letter!!!! It's time for bed.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:16:48 AM PST
I'd heard American Gods was only $1.99 for one day, but it's still there, so not too late if you wanted to get it.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:28:29 AM PST
Dust on the Davenport (Tale from the Archives) by OM Grey is free today. It's a short based in the world of Philippa Ballantine & Tee Morris' Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 4:02:16 PM PST
Zen Druid says:
If you can pick up American Gods for $1.99 I'd say that is a great deal. Good book!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 4:09:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2012 4:11:52 PM PST
Thomas Head says:
*pops head into conversation* ... David Dalglish is offering Half Blood Orcs for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 8:43:32 AM PST
I have the book in print, but had wanted to get the eBook copy, so this was great for me. :)

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 8:45:12 AM PST
Under Her Skin with shorts by Jeaniene Frost, Meljean Brook, and Ilona Andrews is 99 cents right now. Paranormal romance.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 1:34:16 PM PST
A Gift of Ghosts by Sarah Wyndes is free today. I saw it mentioned on a blog I like to read, so I thought I would mention it here. Paranormal, ghosts.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fantasy forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions