Customer Discussions > Fantasy forum

Price dropped/free fantasy (no self promo)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 79 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 30, 2012 3:10:14 PM PST
It's not fantasy, but is by a writer who does write fantasy, so I'll mention it. Shotgun Gravy (Atlanta Burns) by Chuck Wendig is free. It's a short, but I think he's working on a full length novel with the character.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:22:32 PM PST
Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2011 Edition: A Tor.Com Original is available free for pre-order. Looks like a collection of short fiction from several writers.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 3:42:05 PM PST
BareThoughts says:
The Bandit King is now at $4.99 for pre-order

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 4:24:57 PM PST
Thanks! Looking forward to that one!

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 9:05:57 PM PST
Den of Thieves: The Ancient Blades Trilogy: Book One by David Chandler is 99 cents.

Nightwalker (Dark Days) by Jocelynn Drake is also 99 cents.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 6:07:01 AM PST
Spectator51 says:
Piers Anthony. Best known (to me at least) for his Xanth series. Volume One is free and the remaining 5 volumes are .99 through Feb 6. These may be more sci fi than fantasy, but it depends on your point of view.

Bio of a Space Tyrant Vol. 1. Refugee

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 6:18:05 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 4, 2012 6:26:57 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 7:22:06 AM PST
Looks as if Brian Glenn thinks the self-promotion rule applies to everyone except himself. I've just been on four threads, and I assume his post was deleted from every single one!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:29:05 AM PST
Thanks! Very good deal!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 11:59:34 AM PST
AmeliaAT says:
I've seen him on seven or eight threads. He never returns. Brian Glenn is a drive-by spammer who drops his advert and then vanishes without the least bit of pretence that he's actually interested in the thread or its participants.

If he thinks this is a good way to promote his books, he's getting bad advice from somewhere.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:06:10 AM PST
The Legend of Eli Monpress by Rachel Aaron is $9.99 - it includes books 1-3. Considering each book is $7.99 alone, this was a good deal for me. I have several friends who have read it and loved it, so I'm diving in. It's available for pre-order right now. I think it releases on the 24th. I don't think this is a promo - most of the bundles I've seen have stayed relatively consistent, so it's not one I think you'd have to jump on to get the price.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:32:31 AM PST
Chasing the Bard (The Fey With Us) by Philippa Ballantine is free.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 12:51:00 PM PST
It is good to see that dated material from respected authors is occasionally presented. I will likely get the set. I am reading book one since I am not familiar with this series.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 12:47:30 PM PST
Snitched, Snatched (English/Spanish Short Stories) by Maria Schneider is free today. I liked this one - very short, though, so if you dislike shorts be warned.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 11:03:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012 11:05:25 PM PST
For urban fantasy fans, the price on Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews is $4.99 right now. (It's usually $7.99) This is the first book in the Kate Daniel's series. (There are currently five published novels.)

This book didn't completely grab me, but the unique alternate Atlanta (with alternating waves of magic and modern tech) intrigued me enough to buy and read the second book when it came out. This is a series that gets stronger with each book. So even if you give the first one a try and aren't sure about it, it's worth doing like I did and going on to the second one before deciding if it's for you or not. It's currently my second favorite UF series that's still being written.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 9:27:39 AM PST
Penguin is having some eBook discounts - haven't nailed down a definitive link to all of them, but if there were some Penguin titles on you TBR list, you might want to see if the price has come down.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 4:50:05 AM PST
Thanks. Unfortunately there are tons of books on my wishlist and I can't remember off the top of my head which might be Penguin titles. I sure wish Amazon showed current price for Kindle books on wishlists!!! It would make things soooo much easier.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 5:06:33 AM PST
Spectator51 says:
When I look at my Kindle wish list on my iphone Amazon app, the prices are displayed. Don't know about other phones.

Also, ereaderiq will import Kindle titles in your wish list and then notify you when the price goes down. Once it's imported, you can sort the list by title, author, date added. It also displays current and highest price. Makes it easier to keep track of things.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:07:55 AM PDT
Resurrecting this discussion....

The First Enhancer (Enhancers) by Teresa McCullough is free today. I have The Enhancer waiting for me on my Kindle, so I grabbed this one up too.

Also, here's the Sci Fi/Fantasy list from the Kindle Store Big Deal promos: http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_128790_23112390_pe_i04/?node=3074460011
They're good until the 25th.

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 6:02:56 PM PDT
Spectator51 says:
The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold is currently .99. I just finished rereading it. Great story. The three Chalion books are a series rather than a trilogy in that each is a separate story set in the Chalion world. The second book, which I've just started, is about one of the secondary characters from the first book. I read them all years ago when they were first published in paperback. I don't remember much about the second and third book, except that I liked them.

Paladin of Souls (Curse of Chalion) $7.99
The Hallowed Hunt (Curse of Chalion) $6.99

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 8:05:01 PM PDT
a customer says:
Hi, I love adult fairy tale retellings--any other titles of that sub-genre you would specifically recommend? Thanks :) from Rachael

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 8:36:46 AM PDT
Rachael - I'd advise starting your own discussion (since it's OT from this one). YOu'll probably get more responses that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 10:13:44 AM PDT
a customer says:
Thanks, Kindle-aholic, that's an excellent suggestion! I was just browsing the comments when I came across your post--and remembered how much I love the adult fairy-tale genre.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 8:07:30 AM PDT
Frank Tuttle's Passing the Narrows - a short, free today.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 9:11:53 AM PDT
kari says:
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke is $2.99.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fantasy forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions