Customer Discussions > Fashion forum

Showing Your Bra

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 220 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2009 12:06:33 PM PST
Willcar says:
Ladies, be honest, do you sometimes like to show your bra a little?

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 5:47:24 PM PST
A. Johnson says:
No. Never. It's trashy and unattractive to show your underwear in public.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 5:50:53 AM PST
Justbeme says:
I think it is extremely tacky for women to show off their bra. Even more tacky is showing straps, say a spaghetti strap top (one or more) with a regular bra strap over the top too. If you want to wear those, please get a strapless bra.

And if women show off their bras or other under garments, expect for people to be looking there too. No right to get mad at anyone for looking if you are advertising "look here"

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 2:43:24 PM PST
Joe,

its easy for you to say to just wear a strapless bra
try wearing one

stupid men

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 2:55:25 PM PST
Guilty Spark says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 3:47:19 PM PST
i like no bra

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 4:39:43 PM PST
Monos Deja says:
center of the universe .... hmmmm .... lot of tiny universes

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 6:11:47 PM PST
Ziggy67 says:
I know a lot of guys that would disagree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 6:12:00 PM PST
Ziggy67 says:
I know a lot of guys that would disagree with you.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 7:03:03 PM PST
It happens. I do not intentionally draw attention to it, but if it peeks out I certainly do not recoil and wither in shame. Americans (especially older ones) are still rather puritanical. There is nothing wrong with flesh or the "undergarments" that cover it. I definitely do not mind catching glimpses of it or feel ashamed if others glimpse mine.

As for what guys think or like or prefer and what they may or may not be looking at or thinking, I really could not care less. It is not (always) a matter of "advertising". Take a moment to consider that some females do not dress with the idea of impressing or attracting you or any other man they may pass on the street. Some females are actually individualists with likes and dislikes of their very own that even carry over into the way that they dress. They may dress in a way that pleases them without any care to how others may perceive them.

Now let us talk about males and their comically oversized clothes (especially pants) trying to conceal what they have (or feel they are lacking). It's just sad. More fitted pants, please. Go ahead and "advertise". :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 7:14:06 PM PST
Justbeme says:
Why, what is so bad about it? I guess have to look for a well designed one, but what is the issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2009 10:39:15 AM PST
B. Jensen says:
yeah but for some wearing strapless is just not an option. I am a small girl with an hourglass shape. I am 36D with a 24 inch waist. I just can't wear strapless bras. I think most people do it uninentionally but it looks super cute for going to the club, or just lounging around the house with the one you love or at shows and concerts. But going to the store or bank, put those things away. Life isn't about YES AND NO with black and white lines. Its about balance and moderation. s

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 4:22:14 PM PST
Uni says:
I'd say it depends on the design of the bra and what it is being worn with. Some just beg to be displayed.

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 7:10:17 PM PST
xylon2 says:
From what I see, showing a bra strap is rather trendy these days and hard to avoid with all the tank tops women wear. I live in Hawaii and it is the norm for a strap to show. For going out at night it is fashionable to show some under lace. The only thing people should worry about is a dirty white bra showing. If your going to show your bra, it better be pretty and colorful and clean. Make it look like part of the outfit rather then something that should never show. I personally coordinate the color of my bra with the color of the straps, which means I need 2 dozen bras in all colors and pick carefully for each outfit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2009 7:55:16 PM PST
Justbeme says:
You mean the basic white bra sticking out there being seen under a colored top? NOT begging to be seen..... Maybe a stylish bra might be more apt to be seen, not the white 1/2" wide strap bra..... But girls don't seem to know, they just show....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2009 2:05:58 AM PST
David Oakes says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 1:05:53 PM PST
The advent of the VBS (visible bra strap) in fashion has been an incredibly freeing experience for a lot of women. Many of the skimpier fashions are not made for well-endowed women unless we can wear a foundation garment. "Braless" is simply not an option for us, and strapless bras (other than bustier/longline) offer no support to speak of. I like being able to wear cute, strappy tops now that my bra can peek out without that being a major faux pas.

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 3:38:12 PM PST
Doesn't bother me if it does show. A co-worker once pointed out that the edge of my bra was showing. I looked down and said "yeah, isn't it beautiful?" She shrugged. She wears clogs and prairie skirts on a regular basis.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 1:14:51 PM PST
Shea Bowman says:
Somes, it just looks sloppy. it's not about people being puritanical or anything else. it just looks like someone didn't take the time to look at themselves before they walked out the door in the morning.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 6:47:24 PM PST
Ulka X says:
I know some women who do that and look great and not the least tacky, but it depends on the girl and the outfit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 6:43:17 AM PST
Willcar says:
I agree with SusieCreamCheese. It is beautiful. Bras are really feminine and seeing a little bit of one adds to the allure and beauty of a woman.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 7:51:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2009 8:26:41 AM PST
Berg&Lund says:
should I tell a girl I'm seeing when her bra strap is showing ?

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 5:53:27 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 7:13:40 AM PDT]

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 6:41:30 PM PST
Empress says:
Personally, seeing regular bra straps under a top that's clearly designed for a racer-back, for me, is tacky to the extreme and rather bizarre. I know, I know, it's the fashion, but I don't like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2009 10:53:46 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 10, 2009 10:54:40 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fashion forum (238 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fashion forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  220
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions