Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Fashion forum

Is it ok for men to wear Pantyhose

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 182 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2011 10:58:17 AM PST
R-;) says:
I wear them ...mostly in the winter to keep warm but I have other times too

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 12:20:03 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 13, 2011 12:22:41 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 12:20:39 PM PST
Yendi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 2:52:06 PM PST
N. VANDAMME says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:10:15 PM PST
Zena Blase says:
I suppose it is if you like being itchy and miserable!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 7:49:43 AM PST
Why shouldn't men wear hose if they want to? They're not hurting anyone. Who decides what is appropriate for whom? Let the wearer decide.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:17:22 AM PST
Jaida Gray says:

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:20:36 AM PST
Actually, I can see two or three issues which might deter men from wearing pantyhose. The first being the fact that they are made for women and therefore not accomedating to men's anatomy. Second, if you are not willing to shave or wax your legs and bikini area, you are going to have unsightly red spots and ingrown hairs. Thirdly, men tend to sweat more- and nylons just arent comfortable when damp. I think if you men really want to wear nylons, find some thesbian tights made specifically for men. You still might want to shave or wax though.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 11:54:11 AM PST
If you are a guy and want to stay warm in cold weather, Wintersilks, Under Armour and QVC has winter underwear for men and women. These items made in silky like fabrics look like a cross between tights and stretch pants and a tee shirt, but are designed for people to stay warm in cold weather, skiers, etc. They are extremely comfortable and the men's items have the "barn door" opening. There is nothing "wrong" with men wearing pantyhose, but this is one of those things I would never ever tell anyone. Personally, I would strongly suggest you find an alternative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 1:23:47 PM PST
T. Hackett says:
This comment almost assumes you are going commando or wearing tighty-whiteys.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 1:24:59 PM PST
T. Hackett says:
I love all the discussion and the fact that everyone is sharing and thinking. Wear winter alternatives made just for men and silk-based is a whole lot warmer.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 1:57:49 PM PST
Of course men can wear pantyhose. Anyone can. The men who are judging don't have to sleep with you (and you probably don't want to sleep with them), so you can disregard them. I am sure that pantyhose cannot and will not change your sexual preference in either direction.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 12:53:41 AM PST
Trend says:
Sure it's okay. In the winter, pantyhose provide a layer of warmth. Thermal underwear can feel too hot once indoors. Pantyhose and tights can provide the perfect amount of comfortable warmth. For me, I dislike thermal underwear....silk or otherwise.

Some men may want to take advantage of a control top, too. There are plenty of guys that could use a little belly support. Why should they be denied. Most people enjoy looking good in their clothes. Many men take care with their appearance. I'd rather be with one that does.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 10:46:38 AM PST
Geezer says:
NOOO!!!!!!!!! Never wear pantyhose. It's thigh highs or nothing LOL. Seriously, wear what you want

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 10:53:46 AM PST
R-;) says:
lol........ I do wear them too

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 10:22:46 PM PST
Wearing pantyhose is an old military secret to staying warm. They are inexpensive and light. Most guys that have been in combat know this to be true. Farmers are also known for wearing pantyhose due to the warmth factor. Increase the denier to get warmer.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 11:34:11 AM PST
michelle389 says:
personaly I'm a guy who like's to wear pantyhose.& I have women friends who borrow/have borrowed my pantuhose so they didn't have to go buy some.the way i see it if someone wants to wear pantyhose or what ever they want they should be able to with out some kind of conterversey.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 12:52:15 PM PST
Nothing wrong with it at all. It can be totally sexy too.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 4:01:57 PM PST
LoLa87 says:
totally fine. who cares, wear what you want so long as you're not hurting anyone or hurting your self. Some pantyhose are created to increase leg circulation. Also European websites sell pantyhose specifically for men and in larger/taller sizes. if it's for fetish reasons then that's fine too. Just realize if you are or will be in a relationship then you owe it to the girl to tell her sooner rather than later. It will save you guys from a lot of confusion and arguments. :-)

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 11:13:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2011 11:16:01 PM PST
I think it's okay. I'm a skinny female and have been wearing tights under jeans in the winter without the bulk of waffle textured long johns. Agreed that they are lightweight too. They can make the roughest of jeans feel soft inside. If you want an even warmer version, I recommend Danskin/dance tights. They are the most durable tights I've owned instead of tearing nylons and having to buy more. You can also cut the feet off the tights and they don't have to be hemmed. You can tuck them into your socks for maximum warmth. I do this for snowboarding under my long johns. Everyone knows after so many layers, you can't move your legs comfortably or fit into your pants. I wear up to 2 layers of long johns already for snowboarding, so tights are a must.

No one knows what you're wearing underneath to keep warm :)

If you're wearing nylons for "tucking" reasons, retail costume shops in places like San Francisco sell fishnets/tights just for that. I bought some by accident due to the color availability and they were the most durable performance fishnets I've owned.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 5:07:45 AM PST
Asher Taylor says:
I'll second the comment about military guys and farmers (and other guys who work outside in the cold). Likewise, if you have circulation issues, they can be cheaper than compression tights but still effective. As an avid cyclist, I can make a pretty strong argument in favor of fleece-lined foot less tights as part of one's winter kit, and they don't make those specifically for men. That's the only version I've tried, but they are flat-out awesome under my bike tights when it's below freezing out.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 6:06:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 7, 2011 6:43:00 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:19:33 PM PST
R. Laue says:
27 ways of wearing pantyhose as a man

Any one want to tell George Washington (You know the first President of the USA) that He can't wearing his hose. Actually men wore them before Women did. There was a time where women dressed rather plainly and men wore the ruffles.

You can buy your pantyhose cut for the your anatomy from
www.pantyhose-stockings-hosiery.com/cat-pantyhose-for-men.html
www.e-mancipate.net/
http://tights-for-men.com/
http://www.glieberman.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 7:45:07 PM PST
I don't think what ole George wore could be considered pantyhose. Yes they were long but they were just cotton stockings back then. Women's hose were made out of silk and very expensive and i do not remember seeing any pics of ole George wearing silk hose.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 8:36:10 PM PST
Asuigeneris1 says:
Can wear whatever you like as long as it's legal.

...which always tends to be my biggest problem, what I want to wear is not legal in many places in the US. : P
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fashion forum (245 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fashion forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  182
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2011
Latest post:  May 22, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions