Customer Discussions > Fiction forum

Come on - why don't we write our own book right here in the fiction forum ? I'll do the first sentence, and then jump in....hold on, here we go...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 3:06:09 PM PDT
Gary Harris says:
Then I discovered a tick under my foreskin and decided to shoot myself in the head KABLOOEYYYY! Goodbye

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:45:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 2:48:51 PM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
(I will not give up on this thread)

Although they had escaped into the tunnels, they could not escape the reach of the dragons. Their scales were fitted with the dragongirl's blood and they were ready to confront Lucell when need be..............

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:36:22 PM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
The talk of flood, sarcastic unicorns, budding AIs and mysterious dragons have destroyed this universal forum. In the vast expanse of space, it has been recreated, and this time there will be NO flood, NO crazy wives and NO complex anything: http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle%20book/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3RFWX8IMGF85E&cdThread=TxU20IY1NPVC9H

Posted on May 8, 2012 12:41:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2012 12:44:49 PM PDT]

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:09:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 8, 2012 2:36:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 2:12:36 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 5, 2012 11:48:56 AM PDT
Gary Harris says:
Then he walked smack dab into a telephone pole and broke his neck. The End

Posted on May 5, 2012 11:41:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 8, 2012 2:42:31 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 7:07:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2012 3:43:51 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
While General Marvin and his mother Lucell continued with preparations for the Crozethians' next strategy, Ashtunon's group made some moves of their own. First, they agreed that there was no point in trying to follow the trail of the Gfjhkjfldjhdtdusgdgdgo Weapon. The trail was old and cold and headed in the direction of the Llullaillaco Wilderness where they could waste precious time chasing a dream that might have even been removed from this planet by now.

Second, Rainbow Dash announced that Engineering had successfully produced a coating incorporating the dragongirl's energy-deflecting blood which was in the process of being applied to every piece of equipment and armor in the field battalion, including dragon scales.

Third, Ashtunon glanced at his chronometer and announced that an aerial attack was already underway targeting the Crozethians' airfan levitators. Dropping like rocks from an altitude of 18 Km, a dozen squadrons of classic fighter/bombers made low-altitude runs over the levitators, repeatedly spraying them with a fast-drying plastic polymer. The levitators immediately deployed shields, but there were no blasts or beams for the shields to deflect, only a fine mist of rapidly hardening plastic. The immense fan blades ground to a halt as the plastic gummed them up and then locked them in place. Within minutes the entire Crozethian force was conveniently immobilized and plastic-wrapped.

A second wave of fighter/bombers arrived from the huge Draconizican Astro/Aero Main Base and covered the shrink-wrapped Crozethian transports with a thick foam of explosively flammable trinitrokrylon, so that any attempt to use weapons or magic to free the trapped Crozethians would turn each transport site into a white-hot funereal pyre with flames reaching hundreds of meters into the sky.

Our Draconizican heroes overlooked one little detail. Crozethians, being insectoids, are master tunnel builders; and there was nothing between between their disabled vehicles and the planet's soil.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 11:30:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 11:34:05 AM PDT
Dragonstark says:
(quick note: ROFLMAO A T-REX! Does anyone get errors where Amazon cuts your posts in half?)

...awakening our old friend, Martha Recalcitrant.
"Her? She's more unstable than Guilty Spark!" said the General, "she might turn on us! She's dragon-owned."
Lucell chuckled, "That is true, but remember I removed her troublesome moral code. She no longer has a personality, so there will be no "further" incidents."
The General drew back, "what? That means my team will have to take her to the construct! This will endanger them! You know more than I do of the dangers that lurk down there. Send the costume capers, not me!"
"Stop whining. I raised you to be a warrior like your Father. He battled the Flood during the War of 2033. I know you can do it, Marvin."
He sighed, "fine," he ordered his soldiers, "Get that ugly little Ball prepared for transport."
He turned to his mother and asked, "what will you do?"
Lucell shrugged, "I'm not sure. If anything goes wrong, mommy will come down to help you."
Marvin could hear a few snickers from his comrades.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 10:49:09 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Ashuton's communicator chimed softly and he glanced at the screen, casually showed it to Rain, and then handed it to Dax who shared it with Cor. The group stopped except for Darcy, who kept cluelessly waddling ahead. Dax and Cor shot bolts of flame at Darcy, whose clothing incinerated instantly as his skin melted and sagged. Darcy spun and pointed the umbrella in their direction; and the dragongirl leaped to the head of the group with unbelievable speed, so swiftly that her movement was a barely visible blur. The umbrella was no magic wand, it was a Crozethian ion-beam destructor, and when the beam hit the dragongirl, it deflected straight back to the weapon, vaporizing the destructor and the T-rex with the familiar shock wave and its hammer-on-anvil ring.
Dax handed Ashuton's communicator back to him, the message still displayed on its screen:
"SECURITY ALERT !!! From Engineering to All Personnel ... security scans show that the T-rex is a costumed transport being operated by two Crozethian insectoids concealed inside ... end of message ... ALERT CONTINUES !!!"

CHAPTER THREE

Back at the Flagship Levitator, Mia-Mia reported the breakup and loss of communications with the costumed transport. "Signal loss was preceded by a 10 second burst of energy in the infrared," she reported.
"Damn," said the General, "another failure. I was sure that we had their leadership group successfully infiltrated, which would quickly be their undoing. I believe we have to assume that our ruse was discovered and eliminated, and move down the list to our next option which is . . . . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 8:07:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 11:19:32 AM PDT
Dragonstark says:
The articles are optional. I just thought I'd include them because we are using characters from the media that the articles belong to. You are right, I'd rather have a thread that anyone can escape to instead of a thread that restricts almost everyone. Question: were the articles good/well written?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 7:04:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2012 9:21:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 4:03:44 AM PDT
Nicos says:
The group moved through the door and turned right. Some wished to turn left as there was ice cream down the left hall, but fate dictated that they turn right.

"I say! Is that a party of adventurers?" A voice echoed down the metallic hall. The party crept forward, cautiously, expecting some some sort of random encounter with a monster, but what they found instead was a 7-foot tall Tyrannosaurus Rex wearing a bowler hat, a tweed vest, spats and carrying an umbrella.
"Ah, jolly good luck! Adventurers! I say, I love a smashing adventure! I am quite lost and I would gladly join your little party! Off to stop those nasty roustabouts that knicked that universe-destroying weapon no doubt!"
Dax was shocked. "How did you come to know about all of this??"
The T-Rex chuckled. "Magic of course!" He waved his umbrella and shot a fireball from the tip to prove his point. "And I know oodles of other really useful spells too!"
Dax shrugged and said "Come on."

Reginald T. Darcy joined the party.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:37:49 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Rain responded to Little Brain, "Do you take us for fools? I can sense you rummaging around in my brain, and I assume you are doing the same to every creature here. You already know why we are here, along with much else. Why do you make a pretense of asking us, 'Duh, what brings you here, duh?'"
Said Dax, "The question that begs for an answer is, 'Where is the weapon, Litle Brain the Watcher?' Are you a friend who will help us obtain the weapon, an enemy which we must be rid of, or a useless funtionary that we shall ignore?"
Little Brain replied, "I am friend to you, but the weapon is gone. I can sense the field that tells me where it stood at one time, just to the left of the boy; but it hasn't stood there for a very long time."

"Who has taken it?" asked Cor.

"That," said Little Brain, "I do not know. The weapon was already gone when I arrived here more than 500 suncycles ago. I can see old images that tell me it stood there, it was removed through that door, and whoever or whatever took the weapon turned right after passing through the door. More I cannot see or tell."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:15:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2012 2:21:15 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
@thedragongod -- re: articles --

IMHO you have two types of participants here:
1. Sci Fi geeks like yourself who have created a body of specialized knowledge regarding games, book series, characters, creatures, etc.

2. People who have no particular interest in Sci Fi but are here because they enjoy storytelling wherever they can find it.

If you try to create this cooperative story expecting the "authenticity" you are trying to establish with your articles, the storytellers will disappear and you will be left with only Sci Fi afficianados. I only mention all of this because it seemed that you were pleased to find this forum so popular. That popularity comes at a price, and that price is giving up your beloved authenticity and allowing the story to develop in the minds of your contributors without artificial constraints. It's a very steep price, because it means deleting this post and abandoning the articles that you worked so hard to create.

So, what is more important to you: authenticity or popularity? If you try to keep enforcing authenticity, some of us will drift away.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:37:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 11:38:15 PM PDT
Dragonstark says:
(stupid site wont let me post, had to use my other account)

"Apple."
Ashuton patted the scaley-girl on the head, "we aren't in the perfect condition to give you another apple."
Kor blurted out, "we don't want to die from an explosion."

A small hovering light wandered towards them. When the light faded, it revealed itself, "hello, I am Little Brain, the watcher of this facility. What brings you here?"

~Inside the Flagship Levitator~
"Lucell," the General gently shook her shoulder, "Mia-Mia said she can't pick up the dragons' location. She just had it and then it disappeared. I think we should turn back and forget about capturing Kor. You can still kee--"
"Now you know I can't do that. I did not raise you to give up so easily. I'm sure they plan on blowing us up into the next Countermension, which I'm not worried about. What I am worried about is Dax. If he returns to Earth with Kor, the rest of the Karrucci siblings will rise up," she lowered her voice to a whisper, "we don't want that."
With a small sigh and crossed arms, Lucell gathered with her soldiers at the nearest desk...

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:47:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 10:48:14 PM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
AND NOW: A BRIEF INTERMISSION/COMMERCIAL!

If anyone is interested, I created articles for each alien race in this story (includes the ones not-yet introduced).

*Draconizica/Dragons: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Dragon_Empire_(Draconizica)

*Tyto Albians/Owl Empire: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Tyto_Albians_(Owl_Empire)

*Cicada Gods/Cicadas: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Cicada_Gods

*Crotonians: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Crotonians

*Faeries: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Faerie

*Alma Maters: http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Alma_Maters

(if you have feedback on these articles, reply to this post. If you have no feedback, don't reply to this post. Anyone is free to add their own alien race to this community story)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 7:48:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 8:21:24 PM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
. . . . . and some of its juice trickled down her face. The juice changed color, becoming a dark glistening red fluid collecting on her chin. "SWIFTLY, CATCH THE BLOOD!" shouted Dax. Ashuton pulled off his breastplate and used it like a platter, like a salver, to capture the red liquid drops as they fell from her chin. As she chewed more of the apple, the drops fell like rain and formed a pool in the curved breastplate.
Dax said reverently, "Ashuton, I will eat your rankest pair of shorts if she is not the sacred offspring of a dragon and a Katsinian sorceress. The mere touch of her teeth has converted fruit juice which is vegetable substance into blood which is pure animal substance.
Young Cor dipped a claw into the mystical pool of blood and held it up to the light. The nearest mobile light-emitting module vaporized in a flash of sparks and a ringing burst of sound like a hammer hitting an anvil. Several of the group were knocked down and Cor dropped unconscious from the force of the phenomenon.
"Engineering Officer, what are we seeing here?" shouted Rainbow Dash.
"Highness, our readings show that the electromagnetic energy from the floodlight module was reflected back to its source by the blood on the little dragon's claw, vaporizing the module," the Engineer replied.
"Immediately, somebody get me an energy-resistant container for this stuff before we are all blown to the Canyons of Chicoutimi!" ordered Ashuton.
Dax, caressing the bronze scales of his slowly awakening son Cor, observed, "Comrades, we have here a defensive weapon of the highest order. Painted upon our gear and shields, this blessed salvation will reflect every shot by the Crozethians right back at them, vaporizing the weapon and its villainous insectoid gunners.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 3:56:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 3:59:01 PM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
(Antonin-Draconizica can be said as Draconizican. Oldog, I love how you're handling Ashuton's dialogue. I did not know this forum would become this popular. I love you all!)

...a tall, black-scaled being revealed herself from the dark corner.
"Look! A dragongirl!" said Rain, "I hear those pretty beings originate from Seraphina's African bloodline."
Ashuton cautiously approached the girl, holding out a golden apple. With a short smile, she took a bite from the apple...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 11:31:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 11:32:38 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
While Rain, Ashuton, Dax and Cor started examining the ruined ship's interior, Ashuton's Antonin-Draconizica warriors set up a defensive perimeter and sent out reconaissance teams.

If the weapon was here, it was not obvious from their swift but far-from-thorough initial inspection. An Intelligence Officer intruded, "Your Highness, we have identified the source of the wind and dust. The Crozethians are slowly travelling in our direction in a fleet of vehicles powered by huge air-fan levitators, which are creating wind-like dust-filled air currents all across this valley.

Ashuton responded, "Good work, Major. My companions, we must hasten our search for the weapon Dax has bespoken!" Suddenly . . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:11:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 9:12:06 AM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
...the group gazed in awe at the derelict ship that lay in ruin, covered in vines and growth of greenery.

"The weapon is somewhere in there," said Rain.
"Let's hope nobody is guarding it," said Dax.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 8:13:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 15, 2012 7:23:05 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 6:14:16 AM PDT
John Moralee says:
Dax stepped forward. "I may have an answer. It's about time I told you my plan. I came to this planet looking for a new weapon devised by the Guild Keepers of Ultra 4. Have you heard about them?"

"Of course," Ashuton said, though he looked completely confused. "Er ... why don't you remind everyone else, Dax?"

Dax addressed the entire army. "Many millions of years ago there was another war. It ended when a scientist called Gfjhkjfldjhdtdusgdgdgo the Unpronouncable discovered a new form of matter that could send his enemies into another universe. This universe. We can use that weapon in reverse to send our enemies back to the first universe - but first we must find it. I was sent with a map to the place where we can find that weapon."

"Where is it?" Ashuton said.

"Do you see the mountains to the north where the three suns cast a purple shadow?"

"Yes."

"It's not that way. It's over there - where that sign says: This way to the ultimate weapon."

"I'm amazed nobody noticed that!"

Dax shrugged. "Let's go before the ...

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:58:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 2:08:04 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
(Author's note: Could we have some sort of limit on the length of Postings here?)

CHAPTER TWO

Dax and Kor rested and healed in the field camp of the Antonin-Draconizica, fed and cared for by the minions of Rain and Ashuton. The camp was heavily guarded by Ashuton's warriors, so all were safe for the time being. Sharp Antonin-Draconizica eyes scanned the undulating plain by the faint light of the three moons, but there was no sign of Crozethians. With the planet's surface breaking up beneath their feet, they had scattered and run like a disturbed nest of neekees*; but they would already be regrouping, reorganizing, probably reinforcing, and they would surely renew their assault with the coming of dawn. Ashuton, looking weary for one so powerful, admitted, "We are no match for them in the present circumstances. What we need now is . . . . . . . ."

(* If you've read the Chronicles of Lathunian Dread, you are familiar with the nature and behavior of neekees; otherwise, just use your imagination.)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fiction forum (950 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fiction forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Apr 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions