Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Fiction forum

What Books Do you want to See Made into Movies?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 146 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 10:01:15 PM PDT
J. Case says:
They can be ones that haven't been made, or have been made but justice wasn't done when they were made.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 12:22:05 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:07:53 AM PDT
SkyHeart says:
Where do i start? There are a few good suggestions from books i've read recently that truly would look incredible on the big screen. Some of them are "The Wheel of Time" (Robert Jordan), "Earth's Children" (Jean M.Auel), "The Pillars of The Earth" (Ken Follett). But one idea that i'm really interested in is Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. I've heard on the internet that it's either being made as a film or a tv series. Personally, i think its story and atmosphere is far better suited on the big screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 10:45:39 AM PDT
BridgetG says:
The first book in that Jean M Auel series was made into a movie. It was a while back and I saw it on TV but don't remember if it was a made for TV movie or if it played in theaters. That book was Clan of the Cave Bear wasn't it?

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 12:13:36 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
A Confederacy Of Dunces
Spirit (and many other Masterton books that could be developed into decent films)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 12:56:07 PM PDT
Having just read the first two books in the "Godless World" series, I couldn't help but think that they would translate well to film (or probably a series).

Winterbirth (Godless World)
Bloodheir (Godless World #2)
Fall of Thanes (The Godless World) (which is the one I haven't yet read)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 6:30:05 PM PDT
Andie says:
Oooh Pillars of the Earth - good one! I'd love to see that. What else? Hmm...

Doctors, by Erich Segal, would make a good movie, I think. Also Jodi Picault's My Sister's Keeper.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:30:31 AM PDT
W.T. Keeton says:
Generally when books I love are made into movies, it's such a disappointing/traumatic experience that I think a better question is, "what books do you love so much that you hope they never become movies?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 11:42:40 AM PDT
Pillars of the Earth has already been made into a TV series - a couple of years ago. It was made by Ridley Scott's production company.

Unfortunately, overall it wasn't very good. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 6:25:34 AM PDT
Andie says:
I didn't know that! Too bad it wasn't good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 1:05:43 PM PDT
It was better than some of the rubbish one sees in adaptations ... but it was pretty poor, overall. Don't rush to see it ...

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:39:13 PM PDT
A. Customer says:
I'm going to be just a little bit girly and say the Outlander series should be made into films, with the blokey who played Thor in the male lead :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 5:54:42 AM PDT
Andie says:
I picked up Outlander when it was free awhile back, but haven't read it, mainly because I'm not really into romances. However everybody seems to love this series...maybe I should try it after all.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 6:28:29 AM PDT
I don't like or read romances either, Andie but I loved Outlander. I would consider it primarily as historical fiction rather than romance. Plus, Jamie is HOT. :)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:18:11 AM PDT
Darth Wader says:
For many, many years, I have wanted to see Clive Barker's "The Thief Of Always" be made into a movie. It has all the perfect elements of being an awesome movie with special effects and something to appeal to both older children and adults...though like many movies, they would probably ruin it, haha.

For a TV show, I think Stephen King's "Under The Dome" would be a cool TV show. It would mix together shows like Jericho and Lost together...I would recommend changing the ending, though.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:20:48 AM PDT
Darth Wader says:
Also, Stephen King's The Dark Tower needs to be made into a movie series. I think either JJ Abrams or Ron Howard were talking about working on it. I'd like to see Josh Holloway as Roland. He would be great!

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 2:37:48 PM PDT
Tyre. says:
Mistborn!! Would love to see Vin kicking butt. And see what they make Kandra and Inquisitors look like.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 10:31:58 PM PDT
J. Case says:
Treasure Island With the Success of Pirates of the Carribean movies I think Disney could make this one.
I've read about Long John Silver that even though he's the main villain he's still likable. Two virtues even though he's a pirate still a hardworking and likeable seaman,wise to pay attention to money managment,even though he has a disability he's still physicially courageous.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 2:18:28 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
Ringworld (A Del Rey book)

this
this
and more this

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:55:38 PM PDT
I hope a movie is made of the The Dracawards Saga - Familiar Origins Book 1 by B. Pine www.dracawards.com

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 9:00:52 PM PDT
I would love to see The Host by Stephanie Meyers .... As well as Deborah Harkness A Discovery of Witches movie series to go along with the books. I believe I read somewhere that both had already had the movie rights bought and were undergoing editing/re write for big Screen. If so.. Kudos !!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 11:14:38 AM PDT
Laura Ginn says:
Swan Song would make a great movie - I'd definitely pay to go and see it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 12:08:50 PM PDT
Darth Wader says:
I second Swan Song, Laura!

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:50:37 PM PDT
On June 26th I wrote:

>>Having just read the first two books in the "Godless World" series, I couldn't help but think that they would translate well to film (or probably a series).

Winterbirth (Godless World)
Bloodheir (Godless World #2)
Fall of Thanes (The Godless World) (which is the one I haven't yet read)<<

So I was extremely pleased to find out yesterday that the film/TV rights for these books have been optioned. Perhaps there is a benign deity, after all ... :-)

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 4:02:11 PM PDT
Mary Stewart - Nine Coaches Waiting
Wilbur Smith - The Eye Of The Tiger
Michael Bond - Paddington Bear
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fiction forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
8 1 day ago
Announcement
Important announcement from Amazon
56 Jun 19, 2015
FBFM IV 41 16 minutes ago
Melange 350 18 hours ago
apocalyptic fiction - who likes it and why 102 23 hours ago
Do you have an interest in learning about authors? 13 1 day ago
Best obscure books you have read 321 1 day ago
FBFM III 9999 3 days ago
Your favorite villains of Fiction 99 4 days ago
Poetic Thoughts 5753 7 days ago
Why is Tina Fey so boringly ordinary? 23 18 days ago
Need help remembering that name of the Book 38 18 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fiction forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  146
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions