Customer Discussions > Fire forum

Kindle Fire recommendations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2012 11:08:43 AM PDT
Glenda says:
I am looking to buy a Kindle Fire and would like to buy all the accessories I will need at the same time. I am looking for advise from people who already own one on what accessories I should get. Anit- glare protector or just a screen protector, case, stylus and what are the best ones to get? Anything else?
Thanks for the help.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 2:12:12 PM PDT
A. Dietz says:
I just got a case, haven't had the need for anything else.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 3:29:49 PM PDT
Don't get a screen protector. Just store it in a case so that the screen is protected when it's not in use.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:12:46 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
I agree about the screen protector. The screen is made of very strong glass. You'd have to try pretty hard to scratch it. A screen protector won't help with the kind of force needed to scratch this glass. Might as well put wax on your car to protect it from accidents. :)

I bought my fire thinking I'd get accessories as needed and so far I haven't felt the need for any. I just use it as is. I have a case for another device I could use for it in case I travel but I don't feel any need to keep it in a case around the house.

For what it's worth I've been using portable electronics for about 20 years, since the Tandy Zoomer, many, such as the Zoomer and various Palm devices with touch screens, and I've never damaged one yet. I'm reasonably careful but I do tend to trip easily and I've dropped them a few times. The only 2 I've damaged were an Archos product that flew out of my hand as I was walking into the bathroom and into the toilet, and an HP palmtop that fell into a mud puddle when I was getting into the car.

Barry

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 7:57:09 PM PDT
I agree with the other posters. I have a case on my Fire and that's it. If you keep the case closed when you're not using it, you don't need a screen protector. If you don't live in the frozen tundra or don't plan to use the Fire in a walk-in freezer, you don't really need a stylus either. I got gloves for $5 at Walmart that work with touchscreens, so even in winter there's no problem.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 1:57:12 PM PDT
Just a case is all you need (unless you need headphones).
The case I bought has been great. It is only $9.85. It is quality. I have been using it since November and I use this case:
amCase(TM) Classic Leather Case and Stand for Kindle Fire, Black
It's sold right here at Amazon. Free Prime shipping too. It doesn't increase the size much and it has magnets built inti the 2 corners so it stays closed easy. It has 4.5 stars out of 5 on the reviews (66), so I'm not the only one who likes it.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 12:10:42 PM PDT
Mary Ellen says:
I'd definately get a case. I have an Oberon case that was a gift. If you plan on watching videos I'd suggest getting a case that will also act as a stand. Many are available here at Amazon for a variety of prices. I hate fingerprints on touch screen devices so I bought a 3 pack of styli and I love them...use them mostly on my Fire but also on my smart phone. They make typing faster and much more accurate! I agree with the others here that a screen protector is unnecessary. If you don't have a USB cord (I have the ones that came with my e-ink Kindles) you will need one to transfer content from your computer to the Fire. I use mine to transfer videos I've ripped from DVDs and converted to MP4 format and also books I've gotten from other places and documents I've converted to .mobi files.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 1:03:20 PM PDT
I picked up one of these over the weekend: Incredicharge I-11000 External Battery Pack and Charger. If you travel much or are at all concerned about the battery life of your Kindle (or your phone, iPad, PSP, Nintendo DS, etc.), this is a great backup plan.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 12:55:59 PM PDT
What I have found necessary for a complete go anywhere, use anywhere package for the Kindle Fire:

1. Kindle Fire

2. Case

3 Anker Astro3 10000mAh USB External Battery Pack and Charger: Anker Astro3 10000mAh USB External Battery Pack and Charger (Power Bank) for iPhone 4/4S/3GS, iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad (iPad 3), ipod touch/classic/nano; HTC: One X, Sensation/XE/XL, Radar, Sprint EVO 4G, At&t Inspire 4G, Vivid 4G, incredible 2, Thund...

4 Kingston Wi-Drive: Kingston Wi-Drive 32 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive WID/32GBZ

With the addition of the last three items, I can carry my Kindle Fire anywhere, and be able to use it, at least as long as there is a WiFi hotspot available. If not, I can still use the Kindle Fire, to read, play games and watch movies or listen to music, that I have on my Kindle Fire.
Your reply to get EXCITEd !'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fire forum (305 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fire forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions