Customer Discussions > Fitness forum

HELP! Effective DVDs for weight lose

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-88 of 88 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 28, 2012 9:58:24 AM PST
annika700 says:
The Ultimate Band Workout by Steffanie Lyons. This DVD works on core strength and strengthen and tones your body. This video done properly helps you to effectively build your body. Then you can add aerobics--even walking helps if you are really out of shape for increased calorie burning. Don't worry about lifting any weights until you have lost a significant amount of weight. Steffanie's video comes complete with workout bands and gloves and nicely demonstrates the moves so you can effectively keep up with what's going on in the video. It sells here on Amazon. Check it out!Steffanie Lyons' Ultimate Band Workout with two Resistance Bands and Gloves!

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 7:45:52 AM PST
C. K. Shubin says:
Zumba! Insanely fun. Dance for an hour. I've lost 2" from my thighs, 1" from my hips and 1" from my waist doing Zumba 2x a week for an hour each. Took about 4 weeks.

That and a healthy diet - stay away from starches and stick with good carbs (steel cut oatmeal, pearl barley) and lean proteins and vegetables. Basically healthy eating and staying away from processed foods and sugar and yes, even diet soda's.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 7:42:38 AM PDT
Biblioangel says:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!!!! I'm definately in agreement with you on this one! I have the Wii Zumba and it is so much fun I hardly realize I'm actually getting an amazing workout! Throw in an apple cider vinegar cleanse and the healthy diet you've already outlined and not only will you drop pounds, but you'll feel better emotionally and physically.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 10:57:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 2:04:06 PM PDT
K. Campbell says:
You need to checkout--oops, can't provide link but you can email me if you are interested and I will send you the link! LetsEndTheTrend@yahoo.com (Promise, this is real and not spam!) It's an online community of people just like you and me! The range of members is some who have never worked out a day in their life to people in the health and fitness industry. You can join for free! Check out what's working for people and not working in the message boards. View info on health and nutrition. Again, it's free to join! You will have access to recipes, make friends throughout the country, and find articles on fitness, health & nutrition. We are trying to "End the Trend of Obesity!" We believe that Fitness + Nutrition + Support = SUCCESS!!!! We are there to help you succeed and achieve your health and fitness goals! Would love to have you come join! Doesn't matter if you are just getting started, wanna lose weight, tone up or just get healthier, we're here to help!!!

There is no quick fix, no magic pill! Our portions are too large and we are eating crap! The docs wanna give you a pill for everything and forget the side effects!

You get out of life what you put into it! Put good things in and you will get good things out! Work hard and you will reap the reward. This is true with your nutrition and exercise! Beachbody has amazing workouts! Something for everyone! Old, young, fat, skinny, healthy, unhealthy......there is something for everyone! I know it works, because I went from 180 lbs to 135 lbs, along with Shakeology that took away my sugar cravings!! The community of online customers and coaches are there to help you! They are even offering a $14.95 Trial offer on P90X, TurboFire and Brazilian Buttlift! What do you have to lose? Contact me or check it out for yourself! $$ back guarantee if you decide you don't wanna keep it, except s&h! www.beachbodycoach.com/fitcoachkaren

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 11:25:01 AM PDT
Blue Diver says:
BS! Yes, you can post links and this board has become a junk board with idiotic diet spam. And your post is not any different.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 11:56:15 AM PDT
pt says:
Zumba!!!! its Great, you dont feel that your doing exercise while your getting your waistline back:)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:27:25 PM PDT
Zumba for sure! Of all of the excerise videos I own, this one was the most effective at weight loss in a relatively short period of time. All of the hip twisting and shimmies really whittle your waistline.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 1:24:50 PM PDT
z1ny says:
Zuzana is HARDCORE! And it's online for free! You know she's working hard because she's out of breath doing her own workout!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 1:57:06 PM PDT
Blue Diver says:
Zuzka Light - look up on YouTube and start your ZWOWs :) I'm a guy but have been following and working out with Z since she started years ago on BR.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:34:34 AM PDT
fashionista says:
Brazil Butt Lift

and

Favao videos - available online - http://www.mymangosteen.com/rubyvazquez/media_vault.asp?v=156

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 1:06:03 PM PDT
D. Ramirez says:
Beachbody workouts are awesome. P90X, Insanity, TurboFire, Turbo Jam, Charlene Extreme, etc... and Shakeology is awesome. It is how my husband lost 27 lbs and how I lost 30 lbs and we keep it off. http://www.beachbody.com/Fitness4LifeDeb They have a limited time tria offer right now for $14.95 check it out.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:31:55 PM PDT
K. Hrabcak says:
I was reading the replies here and a lot of you need to be beachbody coaches if you aren't already! It seems like you're all into the results and products they have. I really like them too.. There's always support from your team as well as the trainers if u have a club membership.
Check out the deets
www.beachbodycoach.co/kristinanicole

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:54:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2012 1:21:29 AM PDT
ParrotSlave says:
Maybe if you added some lead weights to some boxes of dvds and then moved the boxes around all day, every day, that might help you lose weight. But dvds don't weigh enough to cause you to use too many calories. Maybe you could melt a bunch of dvds down into a frisbee shape, and then play frisbee every day with it: that would help. :)

The mere fact that someone would look for a dvd to try and figure out how to keep weight from coming back tells me that the procedure was probably doomed from the get go--sort of, "I want to lose weight, or keep it from coming back. Do you have a book I can read or dvd I can watch?" Asking the question on an internet forum and then waiting to get replies over a period of time tells me that the problem might be, shall we say, procrastination. Do some research yourself, then go with it. It will come as a shock to many, but some people were actually able to manage their weight prior to the existence of dvds. And some people are able to control their weight without reading any books on it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fitness forum (168 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fitness forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  88
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions