Customer Discussions > Fitness forum

best diet pill?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 285 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2010 7:51:46 PM PST
Laura Said says:
I need to know the best & safest diet pill out there. It would help bunches:) Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2010 8:34:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2010 7:33:14 PM PST
G. Smith says:
In my opinion, there is no "quick fix" to losing weight. Furthermore, there is no diet or diet pill that works, a "lifestyle" change does.

First and foremost, we need to substantially eliminate our processed foods, as well as our sugars, etc. Increase our intake of whole grains, vegetables, fruits. Organic foods are best. Exercise, both cardio and weight lifting is very important as well.

Check out the links below and read the reviews on the books that are offered.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=glycemic+index&x=15&y=18

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2010 8:41:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 15, 2012 7:28:27 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 3:47:04 AM PST
Rob T. says:
I agree with the above posters. However, to answer your question, the only "diet pill" I've ever seen with proven clinical evidence is Ephedrine HCL (a.k.a. Ephedra) along with caffeine in an EC Stack.

Bu as already pointed out, even this is useless unless you first get your diet and resistance training under control. A few dozen extra calories burned each day mean nothing if you keeping scarfing down 600 calorie Big Macs and don't build any muscle.

And you need resistance training, not just exercise. Running on a treadmill 6 days a week for 45 minutes is a band-aid fix. Instead spend less than half that time and do resistance training, ideally with free weights instead of machines. Of course this also only works after you stop scarfing down those Big Macs :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 7:23:21 PM PST
Brenda Yaw says:
Right now I am using the "Jillian Michaels" fat burner,along with counting calories and getting to the gym everyday and it is really helping me with cravings etc.Also a good hard cardio work out is a wonderful appetite supressant. I alsosigned upfor Jillians programonline, which gives you menus and lots of great support!

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 1:37:48 AM PST
K. Sun says:
Ephedrine is an general sympathetic nervous stimulant that has a similar effect as cocaine (ACh reuptake inhibitor).. I would recommend not taking that drug. Exercise and healthy diet would be a better way to go. if you could eliminate most if not all processed foods and exercise at 80% heart rate intensity for at least 30 minutes every other day, you'll lose weight.

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 10:34:46 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 31, 2010 12:47:15 PM PST
Brenda Yaw says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 10:41:20 AM PST
They have taken all the good pills off the market due to massive lawsuits over heart and liver damaged. The pills only work while your on them and the weight comes right back when you stop taking them. Everyone knows dieting alone doesnt work, but there is something you probally don't know yet, recently the food industry was approved to genetically altered foods, also, they put addicting food additives in processed foods that literally make you crave them and go into withdrawl when you stop eating them. Why, it makes the snacks taste great and you buy more... Unfortunately, it is frustrating because we end up craving the very things that make us fat and we have to start treating our irresistable urges for food it as an addiction. Why? These things cause hidden Imabalances in the body, they are like a drug in the body and are in things all around us as revealed in a new book on Amazon! Also, I suggest that the solution be using methods of nutralizing these chemicals in the body, eliminating the hidden culprits and adopting a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle and you can get The Balance Diet & Lifestyle here on Amazon. Let me explain this approach?

Consider this, no one wants to be overweight, that is why the #1 new years reslolution is getting healthier through weight loss, yet, weight loss is the #1 failed self-help resolution. Why? What is the real cause? There are many hidden culprits, some are most likely in your kitchen, right now! There are other hidden causes that you can eliminate outside of the kitchen, once you know what they are, it's not just about what you eat. There is a "chemistry" to weight loss, IMBALANCES are the #1 cause and the key to losing weight, is like opening a combination lock and with this combination approach you will easily shed all those unwanted pounds. This solution is in a new book, "The Balance Diet and Lifestyle"! The Balance Diet & Lifestyle is not just a diet, it is a step-by-step balancing, wellness lifestyle that is fun to follow and it works! The secret is BALANCE. To be a success at managing your weight, step away from dieting and start a new lifestyle for your New Years Resolution, it's the only way that can work because it helps you restore inner balance to feel less hungry, more energised plus you'll look and feel your best. The book offers you real A-Z solutions for achieving a healthy, slimmer, more youthful, body appearance -minus dieting in 2011.

Always remember, your future health is more important than the risk involved with dangerous fad diets, hormones or pills that damage your heart and other organs...The Balance Diet & Lifestyle

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 7:01:37 PM PST
GeoS MIA says:
Google the HCG diet it works and lasts if you put in the effort

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 7:21:26 PM PST
KatyKatIL says:
There is no actual safe "diet" pill. The best thing you can do is eliminate white (overprocessed) foods from your diet.
These are either simple sugars or carbs and hit your bloodstream hard and fast. You get a quick fix from them, but then
nosedive and need more in a fairly short while.

Be sure to get enough fiber, which helps us feel full longer. I started using the Vitafusion Fiber Gummies, which are sugar-free.
I never get enough fiber due to dental problems limiting what I can actually chew (these are very soft).
Also, chromium picolinate and biotin (a B vitamin) help to keep blood sugar metabolizing instead of storing. Anyone on a diet
should be taking the chromium to help keep things balanced. Another very important one is D3. If you are female, you need this one!
So many women do not get enough Vit D, but it helps to regulate so much of our body systems.

You'd be better off to get these supplements which will help balance out your system, blood levels and such, rather
than looking for a "diet pill", which often are only stimulants to apparently keep you energized enough to move! (Most of us
who need to lose weight know that do matter how much caffeine you have, it doesn't make you want to move any
more! Ha!) Seriously, stay away from the fake pills - there are none that work.
Make sure you get your thyroid levels checked to rule out hypothyroidism. If your dr won't order one or you don't have insurance,
you can get it yourself at a very reasonable cost here: www.mymedlab.com/

Don't further poison yourself with any of the OTC diet pills. The only ones they help are the owners of the pill company.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:22:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2011 2:23:26 PM PST
P. CLARK says:
Phentarmine Weight Loss & Diet Pills... I have used this and it did work for me. You can find it here on amazon for about $69.95. Good luck...

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:32:50 PM PST
TerriL says:
Phentermine works well. I'm not a Dr or selling anything. I used it along with exercise last year to lose 40lbs. It is hard to find a Dr that will prescribe it since it is a controlled medication, but it does work to stop the cravings. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 2:43:29 PM PST
Brenda Yaw says:
Can you take these if you have high blood pressure?

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 3:39:22 PM PST
Monique says:
All the ppl above are exactly right talking about changing diet and exercise....we all know better. However, some ppl need a little boost in the beginning like I did.. and trust me I have taken all kinds of weight loss products as well as phentermine as well which does work but has some ugly side effects. The one that has worked extremely well for me is called Diet Magic. It really it works a lot like phentermine without the side effects of phentermine. There is also a money back guarantee as well so you won't be out money if you don't like it. Here is the site.... www.losewithdietmagic.com .

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 5:02:15 PM PST
KTp says:
Green tea! I drink tons of green tea(4-7 cups/day), and it really works. I haven't tried green tea extract pills, but they may work as well as cups of tea. It's not just the caffeine in the tea, its the catechins that burn fat, reduce appetite, and have an anti-inflammatory/detox effect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2011 9:48:23 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011 3:59:34 PM PST
Echo says:
I agree with P. Clark and Henry here. I needed the 'boost' I imagine you're looking for to jumpstart some weight loss a couple years back and my PCP recommended Phentermine. I was initially hesitant because I'd tried nearly all OTC types and they did nothing but turn my stomach, but surprisingly Phentermine didn't do this. I went from 242 (I'm 5' 9") to 215 in about 2.5 months on it. I did some (not a lot) of exercise and did make changes to my diet (not drastic) also, but I was doing that before and not seeing any weight drop. The only cons I can think of to this drug is that it may leave you constipated and in my experience I couldn't do a second 'round' on it; it never worked again like it did the first time (though as I understand it you're not supposed to be on it very long anyway; like 3 months at a time, tops). Hope this helps.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 11:37:00 PM PST
The best diet pill I've tried and use to this day is CLA 500 by Nutrilite. It's an Omega-6 fatty acid. It's completely natural and safe and it's derived from the safflower plant.

As I've gotten older, it has gotten harder to stay fit and trim. I exercise and try to eat right, but it's just
not enough. This supplement helped me get the most out of my workouts. I've burned off fat while
keeping the muscle I work so hard to build up. My body fat is down to 8% and I look and feel phenominal.
It comes in a easy to swallow softgel capsule. You can take it 3 times a day with meals.

Nutrilite is the only plant based vitamin company to grow, harvest, and process their own plants from they're certified organic farms. You get the freshest plants in today's market. They've been farming organics for over 50 years. Check out this awesome review where I discovered CLA 500 for more details at http://cla500.com

Finally, I suggest only buying from Nutrilite's licensed distributors to guarantee the official product and best quality and get a 180 money back guarantee. I get my supplements at amway.com/newrichhealth

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 3:40:06 PM PST
Scott says:
I've found throwing out the scale helps you loose weight. So many people are so caught up on the number on the scale when most people should be more concerned with a healthy lifestyle. My mother became a vegan and started being more active and the weight fell right off her. I stopped eating out all together, and scheduled time at the gym- with the focus of just getting to a healthier lifestyle instead of a goal weight. Unless you're training to be a model or something focus on lifestyle and maybe you'll decide that pills will only add to the other horrible things we put in our bodies daily.

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 11:31:24 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 25, 2011 11:31:50 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 11:57:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2011 3:32:43 PM PDT
E. Bailey says:
I have been doing the HCG diet since July 2010 and have lost 80 lbs. I still have 20 to go to make my 100 lb mark! I feel fabulous and my blood sugars and blood pressure are in normal ranges now. I haven't taken any medications for them in 5 months. My energy level is beyond belief! I'm a totally new person.

This diet takes a lot of determination and commitment, so if you're not serious about losing weight and changing your eating habits, this is probably not the diet for you.

I hope this has helped you. Good luck to you.

Update 3/21/11...I've now lost 94 lbs since my last post. I've learned to eat healthy and watch my portions. No more junk food...just healthy food. My blood sugars are still great and I'm still not on my blood pressure medicine. My BP is in perfect range. My energy level is beyond anything I ever imagined. I have 6 lbs to go to make my 100 lb mark and I know it will happen because of my life style change.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 12:32:46 PM PST
Bon Bon says:
I'll sell you my DIET PILL. It is GUARANTEED TO WORK!!!! You'll loose weight fast.

My pill that I'll sell to you contains special herbs and spices that have been used for centuries in Asia. My special pill comes with a diet and exercise guide to supplement the pill that you take each day.

Directions:
Take pill, exercise 30 minutes.
Eat only the foods as specified in the guidebook at specified intervals.

You'll loose weight like magic.
Cost? Send me $59.99 for a 6 week supply

(I am joking LOL!)

Be serious!!!! No effective diet pills (without side effects) exist today for you to take.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 12:54:08 PM PDT
There is no diet pill that is going to melt the fat off you. Eat a balanced meal and exercise.

I find that everyone's definition of a balanced meal is different and that the only way to know if you are in the ball park is to count calories for a day. This way you know exactly what 2000 calories look like and I personally found out that what I though was a "healthy" diet was over 2500.

As for the exercise, lots of cardio and some weightlifting have done wonders for me. In the beginning motivation was a huge drawback. If I was tired, sleepy, hungry, or any little excuse was all I needed to skip a gym day so I created some motivation. I signed up for a 10K and 2 sprint triathlons, you would think that would be enough motivation, it wasn't. Come race day a heavy dose of reality was force-fed to me. I was dead last in a sprint triathlon. I was just devastated. After that I never miss a workout. For the other 2 races I was not first or even average but I wasn't last. Now I keep it up, my goal is to one day be in the top 10% some day

BBBBBuuuutttttt there are 2 pills that have helped me out. Before workouts I take a 200mg pill of Caffeine, you can get a No-Dose generics at any drugstore for pennies per pill or a cup of BLACK coffee works just as well (no cream and sugar). If you look at the ingredients of all those "thermogenics" are mostly different forms of caffeine for $50 to $100 a bottle.

The second is l-carnatine. I just follow the direction on the bottle and take 4 pills daily (2,000mg). They only work if you are already loosing weight. They just help your body process the fat a little faster so your body favors fat a little over other forms of energy. But like I said if you haven't altered your diet already to have a calorie deficit these pills are just a waste of money. So far I lost 12% body fat, not sure if it's because of the pills or a placebo effect but I'm happy enough with the change to keep buying a bottle every month atleast until I reach my goal.

Twinlab Mega L-Carnitine 500mg, 90 Tablets

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2011 9:16:36 PM PDT
In my opinion, the best diet ever consists of the following:

1 Mulitivitamin
followed by 6 meals a day spaced at 3 hour intervals.
3-6 eight ounce glases of water

The trick is that NO meal can be larger than the palm of your hand, and each must contain protein (40%), veggies (25%), fruits (25%), and whole grains (10%).

Exercise can be your regular job, house cleaning, or a walk around the block everyday, or all three.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Fitness forum (168 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fitness forum
Participants:  154
Total posts:  285
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 41 customers

Search Customer Discussions