Customer Discussions > foodie forum

Foodie Community

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2010 7:26:21 AM PDT
Laura Freed says:
Foodies, unite!
A life long lover of reading and food (I was taking pictures of my food in restaurants before it was cool to do so!), I was fortunate that somehow my journey in life hit a road block and an opportunity to combine my love for reading/writing/and food presented itself.

I find I'm happiest when talking about food, cooking or baking, eating, reading about food, and writing about food.

I hope this can be a spot where you can direct people to your food blogs or tell us about a fabulous meal you just ate or made or talk about your favorite cookbook/foodie movie/foodie book.

For me, food is about creativity, celebration, comfort, and community. I think that's why people are so passionate about food; it's the one thing that truly connects people.

I hope this discussion thread will satisfy your cravings for all things food related!

Laura
CoAuthor
Fleeing Famous (SpellBound Cafe)

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 5:38:35 AM PST
Laura Freed says:
Here's a list of some "Foodie Fiction" books:

The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. Ms. Allen reminds me of Alice Hoffman - only instead of dark - she is light and food often makes an appearance in her books. Right after I read Girl, I read Garden Spells which I also LOVED. I'm just starting The Sugar Queen, which is her first book. So far, so good. She is becoming my new favorite author!

The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister.

Agnes & The Hitman by Jennifer Crusie (one of my favorite books. Tried everything else by Jennifer but nothing (for me) has equaled that book.

Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews (cute, light, easy, beach read)

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elizabeth Berg. Love. And this book, is the most wonderful foodie book ever. Ms. Berg does for description what Picasso did with a paint brush.

Chocolat by Joanne Harris & Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris

Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette

Julie's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb

The Quilters Kitchen by Jennifer Chiavirinni

The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love by Joan A. Medlicott

The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand

The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand

Summer by the Sea by Susan Wiggs

Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C Morais

Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 3:01:14 PM PST
Laura,
Great new post, and I sure hope it will take off! We foodies have to stick together! :) I too, am a fanatic foodie, and always take pictures of my food before I eat, whether at home or at a restaurant. My favorite pastimes are reading cookbooks from cover to cover as though they were novels, and 'playing with my food'! I am also a food blogger, tv cook, and cookbook author...yes, basically my life revolves around food 24/7, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Here's my latest cookbook, Fabulous Foodie Favorites: Cook, Eat, Smile, Repeat!
Fabulous Foodie Favorites:: Cook, Eat, Smile, Repeat! (Volume 1)

I sure hope others will join our discussion! What's your favorite thing to cook? I love to bake breads, but lately I am really making a lot of rich and hearty soups....must be the cooler temps! How about you?

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 4:57:42 PM PST
Laura Freed says:
Kimberly! Yay!
It could just be us two, but that's okay, I was getting tired of talking to myself:>)

I too, have been making soups lately!
And I just baked bread last week.
Also, I made these fabulous "Saltine Toffee Bars" But I call them crack candy - this weekend and OD'd on them:>)

Do you have a website for your recipes?

Thanks for joining me:>)))
I have recipes on my blog @www.1QuirkyGirl.com - along with many food pictures!

Laura
Fleeing Famous (SpellBound Cafe)

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 5:49:36 AM PST
Laura Freed says:
Here's a great article from the Washington Post about Foodie Fiction books!

Foodies Are Taking Over The World!

http://wapo.st/aOVXla
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the foodie forum (1 discussion)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Foodie Community 4 Nov 12, 2010

This discussion

Discussion in:  foodie forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions