Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes
Customer Discussions > France forum

Emile Zola finally getting his due in the USA

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2011 5:03:02 PM PDT
The Emile Zola Society is publishing the first translation in modern English of the Rougon-Macquart series. It is a remakable effort judging from the first volume. I purchased The Kill in B&N in NYC and it is amazing--there are passages that absolutely breath-taking not only in their translation but in their dedication to the original MS--with so much sex that even by today's standards, Zola is unique.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the France forum (32 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What are the 10 essential reads to understand France? 12 Mar 30, 2011
Emile Zola finally getting his due in the USA 0 Mar 14, 2011
Upcoming trip to Paris - suggested reads to enhance the experience? 9 Feb 18, 2011
The Best Movies About France 2 Dec 27, 2010
My favorite Christmas recipe to share: Yule log with chocolate and chestnut paste - Bûche de Noël au chocolat et marrons 0 Dec 21, 2010
Getting beyond the French stereotype... 16 Nov 30, 2010
the seedier new Paris, Number 1 for months on french edition kindle, BIORGIE, UNE HISTOIRE D'AMOUR D'AUJOURD'HUI 0 Nov 17, 2010
my novel claude & camille: a novel of monet 4 Aug 14, 2010
Contest for short stories about Paris, submission deadline November 30, 2010 0 Jul 13, 2010
Gascony 0 Jul 5, 2010
e-books: pitfalls and opportunities for writers? 0 Jun 29, 2010

This discussion

Discussion in:  France forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions