Customer Discussions > frigidaire forum

ice accumulation at defrost thermalstat mount area causing the freezer to stop working

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2011 10:32:03 AM PDT
Larry says:
I installed a new defrost thermostat but the frigidaire FRT21LGD2 still not working. The temperature in both freezer and foods compartment are 40 and 70 degrees respectively. The previous replacement had worked for 3 years. I noticed the ice accumulated around the thermostat which probably shut down the freezer too early.
What's wrong here?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:40:19 AM PST
Not the ice accumulation. I would guess either the defrost timer or defrost heater if it is not defrosting. Ohm out the heater to see if you have continuity.

Posted on Oct 14, 2013 8:26:07 AM PDT
Carol Ann says:
Our five-year-old Fridgidaire freezer needed replacement defrost heater during first year and was covered under the warranty. The freezer died sometime during the week with the defrost heater stuck in the 'on' position. Entire freezer-full of food, most from our garden, ruined. And, the stench in my house when we opened the door! This freezer is five years old.
NEVER, and I mean, NEVER a Fridgiaire in my house again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the frigidaire forum (3 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  frigidaire forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions