Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 162 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2011 12:22:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2011 12:36:24 PM PDT
Movieaholic says:
I would rather have UPS than this stupid service - OnTrac has left packages to be stolen, left books in water, dropped items (from the top of the stairs - a good 5 feet) and then ran. When I yelled out our open window at him, he came back and threatened my husband (we had to call the police) We also called OnTrac and Amazon and the next delivery was better but they went right back to the old way of just dropping and running. UPS at least would knock and if we were not home leave a note. OnTrac has lied on several occasions, once saying we were not home when we actually had a guest over watching a movie, and then when we called an hour after their web site said that the delivery was attempted they lied and said that all the lights in our house were off (I live in an apartment!) I call to arrage to pick up at their offices now and now they lie and say they don't have the package when I can see plain as day on their own web site that it has arrived at their facility. Asked on last pick up if they have a local number to call instead of having to call their offices in Phoneix and they said no - looked up with Google maps and yes they do. I wish Amazon would go back to using UPS or at least give me the option to choose - UPS is 2.5 miles from me and OnTrac is 5 - would even like USPS since I know my item will not be left for thiefs or the elements. I would not even mind waiting an extra day, even though I do have Prime.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 9:27:26 AM PDT
OnTrac Rob says:
Hi Movieaholic,

I work for OnTrac and would like to help. Please send me your tracking number and I will address your post. My email address is rob@ontrac.com.

To protect your privacy, please do not post the tracking number on the thread.

Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 12:20:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2011 12:24:17 PM PDT
Bon says:
OnTrac has to be the WORST thing that has EVER happened to Amazon and US the customers. I don't know where you live, but I'm in Riverside....the route driver here is rude and obnoxious and doesn't give one HOOT where he throws a package.
He has put a package on the front (gated) porch with 2 min-poodles there--who promptly began shredding it. The side porch is JUST as visible from the street and on the driveway.
He THROWS the package ANY place and RUNS...one time I caught him and yelled at him to KNOCK or ring the bell and to STOP throwing stuff where EVER was convenient for him. He promptly got out of his truck and told me "YOU can't talk to me like THAT!" I informed him, yes I could and also talk to his supervisor and to AMAZON!!!! This is the worst service on the PLANET....I was also told by OnTrac, when waiting for a package that never arrived...I tracked it all day online -the driver did NOT deliver and said I wasn't home---oh YES I WAS!!!!
It seemed to me--after I PAID for PRIME--I no longer got the GOOD service, UPS....I got the K-Mart srvice OnTrac!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 7:00:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2011 7:15:58 PM PDT
Movieaholic says:
To OnTrac Rob: You must not have paid much attention to my post - these are problems that have been going on since March of 2011! - Amazon has replaced a DVD that your company never delivered (or was left on doorstep to be stolen). I have had books left in a puddle of water in the pouring rain and like the post below from B.Price I have had a driver return to my door, after I yelled at them, after dropping a package 5 feet from the top of the stairs on to concrete, only to have to threaten to call the police because he was trying to come into my home because I didn't have a right to talk to him that way. I did have the right as I am the customer and it was my property he threw! I have had a driver claim to come to my home and say I was not there (I live in an apartment and I would have heard his vehicle since I am on the ground floor) I was watching a TV show with my grown son at the time he claims to have been there. I no longer have the tracking numbers (I tried to look them up on past orders from Amazon) but since I have finally received the items (either by my picking them up myself from your Salt Lake hub or having them redelivered - to be thrown at my door) I don't see how you can help. My suggestion would be to fire every driver and start fresh, the ones that work at your compnay now don't seem to understand that they have been entrusted with someone else's possesion and should treat the package with the respect they would want their own hard earned items treated.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 7:05:59 PM PDT
Bon says:
bottom line---they do NOT CARE!!!

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 10:22:39 PM PDT
Movieaholic says:
Well it looks like my local OnTrac really does care - The general manager for the state of Utah came to my door today, with a personal apology! he brought along with him the manager over the drivers who also apologized. They wanted to let me know that the problems I was having should not have happened and that they would personally deliver any packages I have if it ever happens again. They even gave me a gift card to Amazon to show how much they want my business and to give them another try. The General Manager said that if the package is not delivered in the manner I feel is proper service to call him directly and he personally would make it right and the manager of the drivers said that if I had to call the General Manager that he would personally deliver any of my packages from that point on. So I will be giving them another shot - and I will let you know how it comes out. At least they are trying to make it right and that shows that the managment has some honor.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 10:52:53 AM PDT
Bearzy says:
Wow you guys must have some bad luck. I love OnTrac. All of my packages show up on time and really fast. I actually moved away from California for a few months and I missed them haha.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 11:01:39 AM PDT
Bon says:
WOW!!!! that's AMAZING--when I called OnTrac (California) all I got was someone making a bunch of excuses for th DRIVER!!! good for you!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 3:57:05 PM PDT
ML says:
I have had the misfortune of having my package delivered (or so it was supposed to be delivered) today. I did receive a package but it was not mine. My tracking number is C10999685901599. The postal service will be picking up the erroneous package since I certainly can't get hold of anyone at OnTrac. My email is cjvmlv@pacbell.net. I sure hope you can straighten this mess out. MaryLou Vermurlen

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 4:16:56 PM PDT
Bon says:
MaryLou---you may want to TAKe this very personal info OUT of this comment--OnTrac is NEVER going to see it--probably NOT AMAZON either---it's just a forum - you need to contact Amazon directly...and there is a number for OnTrac..just Google them

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 4:51:08 PM PDT
OnTrac Rob says:
Hello ML,

I will be happy to help. We will contact you with an update shortly.
As @B.Price suggested, I would also advise you remove your personal information and tracking number from the thread.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 6:05:44 PM PDT
Movieaholic says:
Well I gave it another shot and Amazon sent the package UPS! But what is worse than that is UPS lost the package! I called UPS and they refused to help and I had to call Amazon, seems that UPS was giving me the run around and told me that the package would be here a day earlier than what Amazon had promised but UPS did not have the package and would not tell me that; they tried to blame Amazon. Amazon called UPS for me, since I could not get a straight answer from them, and they told Amazon that the package was lost and then they delivered it to me the next day! in the meantime Amazon was trying to make it right and sent out another package, which I had to arrange to have sent back or be charged again (totally understandable) but a big hassle which could have been avoided if UPS had just told me in the first place that they had made a mistake and posted the wrong date on their web site - hopefully the next package will come OnTrac so that I can see if they can keep their promise. As for now Amazon has totally redeemed their selves in my eyes (they put up with me when I was really pissed) and any further problems with shipping I will hold the shipping companies totally responsible for. I did learn that it is up to the individual warehouse manager as to which company they use to ship the packages and how they are packaged - hope that that bit of information is helpful for anyone else having problems.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 6:43:27 PM PDT
Viper says:
Ontrac has to be worse thing ever, even worse than Congress or the California Legislature. These monkeys don't bother knocking and leave your package on your doorstep. I've complained to Ontrac several times now over the past 6 months and it's worked about as well as teaching pigs to fly. I've complained to Amazon but they insist on using them still. The next time I order something from Amazon I'm going to request they ship via anyone else. If they ship with Ontrac I'll never order anything again from Amazon. This is stupid, I never had anything like this with FedEx or UPS (not that they're stellar but they seem to care more).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2011 6:52:51 PM PDT
Bon says:
I JUST got a package TODAY-via OnTrac---I did not even KNOW it had been delivered as it was on my back steps!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2011 7:43:05 PM PDT
OnTrac Rob says:
Hi V,

I work for OnTrac and would like to help. Please send me the tracking number for your latest shipment and I'll address it. My email address is rob@ontrac.com.

For privacy reasons, please do not post the tracking number on the thread.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 3:01:26 AM PDT
Mercy and Me says:
Of all the shipping people that Amazon uses, OnTrac gives me the most problem: 8 days for a 2 day guaranteed shipping prime item. When I called, they could not track the product. Since then, I have requested, and except for one slip up, have gotten NO MORE SERVICE thru ON TRAC. I called and personally complained loudly and clearly about them!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 4:19:41 AM PDT
OnTrac Rob says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 7:50:00 AM PDT
Bon says:
pretty sad when OnTrac has to have someone sitting in an Amazon forum monitoring all the complaints!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 7:53:01 AM PDT
Bon says:
I have done the same--and for a while it worked-no more OnTrac---but yesterday when I took out the GARBAGE---there sat a package on my back steps delivered by OnTrac...never knew it was there!

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 7:47:35 PM PDT
Y. Xu says:
Well, fortunately, the ontrac guy in my area is really nice. Actually, they even call me before delivery, that's a super nice thing to do! When I missed delivery, he came back really quick and delivered packages! Wow! I actually prefer using Ontrac than UPS or FedEx, I mean, UPS and FedEx in my area, really sucks! I got several packages lost even though the tracking status showed delivered!

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:44:15 PM PDT
Anole says:
My UPS guy knows me, and my car, if I drive by him on the road.
I don't consider their service stellar, but a good driver makes a B- service into A+

I just had my first experience with OnTrac.
Ordered Friday night about 8pm, and received the package 11am Monday.
That is outSTANDing speed, from an Amazon west coast warehouse.

The package was left on the front step next to the door, and there was no knock.
I heard a rustle outside (was sitting with my back to the front window, which was open) and saw an unmarked white mini-van.
I opened the door, saw the package, and waved cordially to the driver, who waved back.
He must've transmitted a delivery update right then, 'cause the web site had a new status right away.
It said, "delivered f. door", which was accurate.

I live in a safe quiet neighborhood, AND I was waiting for the package to arrive.
Also, there is rarely any rain around here. :)
So, based on the one experience, I am liking OnTrac.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 4:55:55 PM PDT
Bon says:
I am west coast (SoCal) also--and OnTrac is by far the WORST service delivering in this area--which is a reflection ONLY on the driver---he is some where between moron and just plain STUPID! He throws packages where ever they land..doesn't knock, ring, beep the horn--nothing!!! I have BEGGED Amazon to PLEASE NOT ship my stuff Ontrac--a lot of good that does!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 5:38:10 PM PDT
Mercy and Me says:
I am in AZ and must still have the same stupid moron. Wish Amazon would quit them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 5:43:38 PM PDT
Mercy and Me says:
I also know my UPS guy and get enough packages that we are on a first name basis and I tip him at Christmas. He brings the packages, knocks on the door and then goes his way. If I happen to be outside, he gives me the box personally and we talk a bit. I like UPS the Very Best. If I have a large package, he ring the bell and brings it in the house.
OnTrak is consistently late and I have never seen, nor heard from (knock or bell ring) the driver.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 5:49:11 PM PDT
Bon says:
My UPS guy is a SAINT---He even gave me his cellphone number a couple of years ago----if I have a package that requires a signature--and I need to leave--he has said to call him---and he will make every effort to make my time schedule---he has never lost a package or THROWN one where I can't find it. I get a lot of pet food by the case...he sets it on the step to finish his scan--then HE picks it up and sets it inside my backdoor---on my washer/dryer where I don't have to stoop and lift...he is a JEWEL!!!
If I pass his truck out on the street, blocks from my house, he recognizes my car and ALWAYS waves.....OnTrac needs lessons......
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Frustration-free Packaging forum (499 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  85
Total posts:  162
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions