Customer Discussions > Frustration-free Packaging forum

i-parcel! What does the 'i' stand for? 'Incompetent'?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2011 8:59:34 AM PST
Hi. I live in the UK and here is my story about i-parcel's Incompetence! I ordered two dvds from Amazon.com, one was shipped on Nov 27th the other Nov 30th, both were handled by i-parcel. The delivery dates came and went and, surprise, surprise, no dvds! So I wrote an email to them: Dear sir/madam.
I wrote to you last week telling you that a dvd I was expecting from Amazon had not arrived, even though the delivery date was the 15th of December. Now another shipment which should have been delivered today has failed to show up! This is inexcusable! The tracking number you gave me is of no use whatsoever in helping me locate my item(s). The number is: **********. This is now the second 'delivery' your company has failed to complete. So far I have been waiting 19 days for this item to arrive from the US - and 22 days for the first order, tracking num: **********.
I have ordered other items from Amazon AFTER I ordered these and every one has arrived within 12 days of shipping from the US (NOT using your 'service', I might add!) So, can you please tell me where my items are? And when I may expect them? I have looked into your company and the number of complaints by angry customers is staggering! Missing, lost and damaged items would appear to be the norm for you. I have complained to Amazon and after the New Year if my items have failed to show up, I shall be taking it further.
I expect to hear from you A.S.A.P. with some information on the current location of my goods!
Yours,

After a while I get a reply:
Hello ****,

Thank you for your email. I have looked into both your parcels in question. Before I go in depth as far as I can, please note that STD shipments are non-traceable to your door and are a mail service. Mail services can not be tracked once shipped. To better explain the scenario, it would be as if you sent letter mail to someone, it's non-traceable but mostly only has an expected delivery time frame tied to it.

Please note that your i-Parcel shipment (**********) was shipped via the USPS Standard Mail service and dropped in the US on Dec 1st. The last mile provider for your parcel should have been Royal Mail. Please note your parcel was not sent through the EMS service with Royal Mail but instead their mail service as if you contact them and don't make that distinction they will think you are speaking about the EMS service and will request a local tracking number.

i-Parcel shipment (**********) was shipped via the USPS Standard Mail service and dropped in the US on Nov 28th. The last mile provider for your parcel should have been Royal Mail. This is the same as above in regards to the service and local tracking number.

Both your parcels should have arrived to you already, you may want to reach out to the Royal Mail as they have confirmed with us that they are delayed in processing the mail at the moment and deliveries. If you still do not have your parcels after speaking with the Royal Mail you will need to contact Amazon and state that your parcels have been lost and they will be able to proceed forward with your request. I do apologize for this inconvenience and for the fact that now two parcels on two separate occasions have failed to deliver to you.

Thanks,
Lloyd

So I contacted Royal Mail and they tell me that there is no delay whatsoever. I can confirm this as I have had deliverys from Europe arrive just two days after being posted. So I ended up contacting Amazon. com who, try as they might, could find to trackable trace of my parcels. They have now sent them out again using priority shipping (at no extra cost to me) and have used DHL, which offers a fully trackable history, and not an i-parcel "We have it - End of Track"!!! Amazon are also launching an investigation into i-parcel's Competence in their services! My advice to anyone buying on Amazon is make sure that it is not i-parcel doing the delivery, or the chances are you will never see your goods! Contact Amazon and demand another (more reliable) service provider!

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 10:29:26 AM PST
Here is an update on an earlier post I made about my two items undelivered by i-parcel after over 3 weeks from the US to the UK. The items have still failed to show, but two days ago Amazon. Com - after also being unable to track them using i-parcels joke of a tracking system - sent me two replacement items, this time using DHL. Here is the result:

Thursday, December 22, 2011 Location Time Pieces
12 With delivery courier MANCHESTER - UK 09:16
1 Pieces

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in MANCHESTER - UK MANCHESTER - UK 02:52

10 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 00:24

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 Location Time Pieces
9 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 23:35

8 Clearance processing complete at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:16

7 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 19:32
1 Pieces

6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:10
1 Pieces

5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:03
1 Pieces

4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 00:58
1 Pieces

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 Location Time Pieces
3 Departed Facility in LOUISVILLE - USA LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 23:05
1 Pieces

2 Processed at LOUISVILLE - USA LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 23:05
1 Pieces

1 Shipment picked up LOUISVILLE, KY - USA 17:57
1 Pieces

My parcel arrived safe and sound in just 2 DAYS, FULLY TRACKABLE FROM A to B! So, if you order something from Amazon.com and you find the delivery service is i-parcel, CANCEL it, CONTACT Amazon and insist on a reputable postage service!

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 3:26:10 AM PST
Ardi Haslim says:
Wow, i'm shock to read you experience. This is my first time buying from Amazon and already experienced a very inconvenient experience. Thanks for sharing the tips on the last part of your post.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:46:06 AM PST
Chung says:
If only I had found this forum before order......

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:23:42 AM PST
It is now the 3rd of January and Amazon has no idea where my package is:
" Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
December 9, 2012 10:47:00 AM --- Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier "

Thanks a lot i-parcel! d(>.<)b

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:11:04 AM PST
"i" stands for incomplete-parcel.
because the parcel will never show up in front of your door :p :p :p

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:47:10 PM PST
Si says:
I've just received my parcel!! - this feels somewhat like a miracle given i-parcels service leading up to delivery. Sagawa transport in Japan were absolutely fantastic and i-parcel could definitely learn a few (many) things from this and the other courier companies in Japan, especially when it comes to customer support. Courier companies in Japan realise that it's not just about getting the parcel to it's destination, it's also about providing good service. I suspect that this approach to business isn't the high on i-parcel's philosophy....

I'd describe my experience with i-parcel as extremely poor. With the exception on one lady whose name is Paula (who was wonderfully helpful - thank you!!), the customer support was otherwise pathetic in my opinion. On occasions it became so frustrating that it started to feel like I was dealing with a company that was trying to project an image that is far from it's actual capabilities. Apart from the first initial email contact, all my other queries and requests for help seemed to fall mostly on deaf ears. When information dribbled through it was confusing, contradictory, and as it turns out: wrong.

From my experience I would take i-parcels email notifications, online tracking and even their email replies with a grain of salt.... just cross your fingers and hope for the best. There wasn't much else to do.

Given a choice I would never use this company again. This was my first and hopefully last i-parcel experience. I will actually go out of my way to avoid using their services, even if this costs me a little more. The stress created is simply not worth it.

To people who are missing their parcels - I strongly recommend you phone up i-parcels sales line and try and speak to someone who can help with the tracking. Their website implies that it's for sales/advertising etc.... but it IS possible to speak with a real person rather than leaving a message, so do it and stop wasting time with emails which i-parcel seem to selectively choose to reply to.

Also, if you've had a negative experience then let Amazon know so that they get a better picture of how this company is performing with regards to the services they are contracted to provide. Maybe i-parcel will learn the importance of customer service when it comes to re-contracting negotiations with Amazon.

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:32:50 AM PDT
I do not like this carrier. The worst carrier and I do not understand why amazon.com use this service. I bought may.10 and today may.17 the order is in the USA. When DHL, UPS, FEDEX... the orders como one week, no more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Frustration-free Packaging forum (444 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2011
Latest post:  May 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions