Customer Discussions > Future Music Releases forum

The Three Kings (1987) TV Movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2011 3:12:44 PM PST
Wish to be notified when this film becomes available.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011 3:47:16 PM PDT
Stanto says:
Please let me know when this film becomes available.

Thank you,
Matt/

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 3:48:16 PM PDT
Stanto says:
The three Kings (1987)

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 12:29:19 PM PDT
I would love to purchase this movie. Will it ever be for sale?

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 8:51:17 AM PDT
I want a DVD of this movie - it's wonderful.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 7:03:04 AM PDT
Erin says:
I watched this movie over and over again as a child and I would love to own it on DVD, as would everybody in my family. Somebody needs to find a way to make this happen!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 2:09:34 AM PST
P. epps says:
Would LOVE to purchase a DVD of The Three Kings (1987) - if "they" EVER make it available. It would be a perfect gift for a dear friend (and a great gift for her daughter's young family, as well).

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 1:55:59 PM PST
paul tracy says:
Does anyone happen to have a VHS copy they taped off TV? Even if it's not great quality I'd love a copy and if you're not capable of tranferring to DVD, I'd be willing to do so for you and make you a copy (and could post to Youtube for everyone to enjoy after too)...please let me know...been searching for a copy of this for years

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 10:02:21 PM PST
Jess says:
I would very much like to get a copy of the 1987 TV movie The Three Kings starring Jack Warden and Lou Diamond Phillips. It was one of the most touching Christmas movies I have seen. I read that it was produced by Spelling Entertainment, and is now owned by CBS, who say they are not releasing it because of lack of interest. Maybe we can give CBS a little encouragement.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 6:53:30 AM PST
Dr K says:
any luck? Would love to find this as well

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 7:38:17 AM PST
Erin says:
There has to be something we can do!

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:22:01 PM PST
I would love to get a copy of this movie, too. My parents recorded it off tv and we watched it every year growing up. I miss it since moving away from home!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 11:02:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2011 11:03:36 PM PST
Courtney,

If you can borrow your parent's tape of THE THREE KINGS, perhaps you can have someone copy it on to a DVD? From the DVD, it can be easily duplicated. I, as well as a few other people, would like would like to buy a DVD from you. It would have to be at cost. Collectors or researchers can duplicate a small quanity of these films without violating copyright laws ... as long as the film is not commercially available. Richard

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 4:36:08 PM PST
I would love to have a copy also; My family has been looking for it.
If any of you find it would you please let me know. Thanks. CS

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2011 7:45:00 PM PST
alenam says:
HI Courtney! Similar to people below, can i also get a copy of this VHS? My mom watched every year until she accidently taped over it in the mid-90s. She still comments every christmas. I have a VHS to DVD converter and will make you a DVD copy on top of $$ for the VHS??? (yup. trying to sweeten the deal :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2011 7:48:17 PM PST
alenam says:
Hi Richard, was Courtney able to make a copy for you? i would love to have one of this movie as well. It was my mother's favorite for many years until she accidently taped over it a few years ago. Trying to get it for her for Christmas. I'll take any format as i have a VHS to DVD converter. Can you let me know?

thanks!

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 7:10:07 PM PST
terster says:
Hi. I too am looking for a copy of The Three Kings 1987 version with Lou Diamond Phillips. If anyone can point me in the right direction, i would sure appreciate it. IT seems it's not anywhere! Such a great story too! Please let me know. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 7:15:14 PM PST
Alenam,

I'm sorry to say that Courtney did not reply to my offer. Perhaps she went home for the holidays and can try to find the tape for us to duplicate.

Richard

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 7:44:53 PM PST
terster says:
This may sound kinda strange but, anyone know of any way to make contact with Lou Diamond Phillips and ask him why this is so hard to find? THere must be a reason it is not released.

I have tried searching for a web page for him and have not had any luck. I found one fan site but i'm not sure it was legitimnate.

Thoughts?

If a means to find this movie is found, please let me know. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 7:58:13 PM PST
Here is the best website I've seen with full information about THE THREE KINGS (1987) and a chance to petition for it's release on DVD: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/479008/Three-Kings-The/user-reviews.html

I believe I met the son of the (now deceased) screenplay writer. If I can find the son's address, I might be able to write to him hoping to find a copy.

Richard

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 5:31:21 AM PST
Erin says:
Thanks for posting this Richard. I have sent it to all of my family in hopes that we can get this moving!

So many fond memories from my childhood!
Erin

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 2:01:07 PM PST
movie nut says:
My family is also desperately looking for a DVD copy of The Three Kings (1987) with Lou Diamond Phillips. Such a fabulous movie and not available to the public for viewing is a shame. My brother did make a VHS copy but the sound quality is really poor. He even transferred it to a DVD but it's very difficult to watch. If anyone knows when and where this will be made available we're ready to purchase it.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 8:38:36 PM PST
LINDSEY says:
I would love to have a DVD copy of The Three Kings (1987) with Lou Diamond Phillips, does anyone know why the petition is closed?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 6:57:33 AM PST
movie nut says:
I hadn't seen any new communication on this until your post. No idea why petition is closed. Certainly would be nice if Cable would show more of this type of movie during the holidays instead of some of the other crap they run.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 5:05:06 PM PST
P. epps says:
Even though this is a made for TV movie - I sometimes request it on TCM's Suggest a Movie website; who knows? Would really appreciate if "someone" at CBS would pay attention to what people want, not the garbage they are producing now.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Future Music Releases forum (117 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions