Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Need a gift idea for a son-in-law who is a computer geek.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 4:48:01 AM PST
S. Kestner says:
I need some gift ideas for my son-in-law who is a computer geek and is very technical/electronic savvy. Any ideas????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:48:11 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 9, 2012 10:12:22 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:00:14 AM PST
Mr Roberts says:
I am a computer tech/geek and my favorite gadget besides my PC of couse is my Logitech Squeezebox Radio. Its a wifi radio meaning it plays any internet radio station and music services, along with all of the owners music on their PC. The sound quality is amazing, the device is amazing, and I love it. The rechargeable battery pack is sold seperately, but not needed for it to work. If they would carry it around the house with them then the battery would be needed, but you can always leave the battery buying decision to them. Everyone who has seen and heard my Squeezrbox has went out and bought one, in some cases they bought 2 (one for home, one for office).

Logitech Squeezebox Radio Music Player with Color Screen (Red)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:17:49 AM PST
O. Khan says:
There are TONS of gift ideas for computer geeks. Here are two of my favourites:
http://givetu.me/givetu/products/view/128/your%20Friend%20(M)
http://givetu.me/givetu/products/view/100/your%20Friend%20(M)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 5:46:32 PM PST
Lucy Liu says:
Well he'll definitely need a mousepad and here are some super cool ones:

http://www.zazzle.com/ohsnark/gifts?cg=196422963032776204

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:01:17 PM PST
Janine says:
As someone who works in technology, I recommend against buying a computer-related gift. Unless you know he wants it, chances are he has specific opinions and you will not know get them (unless there's something he's been majorly dropping hints about and then you wouldn't be posting this :)). Instead, most tech people tend to love new technology and gadgets in general and I would suggest finding some cool technology on a non-computer related item or similar accessory - eg cool kitchen/coffee gadget, new beard trimmer / razor with neat features, gloves with the finger pad that let you use them on a touch-screen device, fleece jacket with amazing wicking technology, brewing kit (you'd be surprised how many of my techie guy friends have started home brewing), etc. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 4:56:14 AM PST
S. Kestner says:
What great ideas!!! Thank you so much. I would never even attempt to buy him anything computer related and I love your suggestions.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 11:47:09 AM PST
FlyingAce says:
He may like a subscription to a magazine like popular mechanics or popular science or something else that features the newest gadgets/tech. The bonus is if you can't come up with anything next year, you can always renew for him.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:45:56 AM PST
solar powered charger for phones, ipod etc. fun to play with and works.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions