Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Gift Ideas for brother's shitty girlfriend,

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2012 5:25:11 AM PDT
Fake Vomit?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 10:02:28 AM PDT
Well you are no charmer either or you wouldn't be suggesting it. If you really can't stand her get her a Starbucks or Jamba Juice gift card.

She might even end up being a little nicer to you. Even if you don't deserve it.

Posted on Oct 27, 2012 10:03:14 AM PDT
Gift cards - they're impersonal but fill the bill in a pinch

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2012 7:50:57 PM PDT
... says:
As long as it is NOT an engagement gift, why not get something that your brother will have to use with her.

If you get her a pair of tickets to a game your brother likes, you won't feel bad after they break up. If you want to be a bit more subtle, you could get a movie gift set (two tickets and the popcorn, drink combo).

Whatever you do, don't get her something that will upset your brother. If you are thinking of that, you would do better to not get her anything at all.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 6:55:52 AM PST
Gift Hub says:
Why don't you check this blog about gifts for women. http://girlsgiftsinsider.blogspot.com/

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:55:20 AM PST
Get her a disgusting smelling lotion or perfume. Then your brother won't be able to stand being around her, and maybe they'll break up. ;)

One can always hope, anyway.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:51:49 PM PST
Eric S. Zipp says:
??... a box of Charmin... ??

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:17:36 AM PST
I can't believe this thread didn't get deleted immediately.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 1:49:45 PM PST
widowTink says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:48:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 12, 2012 12:48:29 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:40:47 AM PST
sct says:
Why would you take the time to even consider buying a gift for your brother's "shitty" girlfriend. Why give her a gift at all if you do not like her?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:47:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:59:14 PM PST
You asked: "Why would you take the time to even consider buying a gift for your brother's "shitty" girlfriend. Why give her a gift at all if you do not like her? "
I don't know the OP nor do I speak for him/her, but if I had to guess,
He probably feels an obligation to his brother to purchase a gift for the girlfriend if she is going to be present during the holiday celebration (or maybe he got an invite to go to a birthday party that brother is throwing for his girlfriend).

If OP's brother asked OP to an event that requires OP to get a gift, OP should get her something because if he does not, his brother is going to be angry about girlfriend being slighted.
Why spoil what is supposed to be a joyous occasion if you can avoid such a situation for $15 (or less)! Life is too short to allow Op's dislike for girlfriend to stand in the way of the relationship with is brother.
OP: Ask your brother some questions to get some suggestions, then check out your local goodwill. Often times you can find NEW items for inexpensive prices.
I would pass on any clothing items, but you might be able to find a hardback book written by one of her favorite writers for $2.00 +/- in brand new condition. Dollar tree also has some hardback books although the selection probably won't allow you to get lucky.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:48:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 3:52:53 AM PST
jenny wren3 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:29:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 19, 2012 5:33:06 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:53:29 PM PST
Mamabear says:
I can't believe some of you are judging the person that made the request!! What? You've never had a relative with a crappy significant other??? Obviously they think enough of the brother to not want to hurt his feelings. I like the perfume idea personally, but the movie or game idea is good too.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 2:22:36 PM PST
E. Hamilton says:
I would keep it simple - I have also given the movie tickets when I was trying to keep the gift within a set budget, or you could purchase a Yankee Candle, or a candle warmer if she has pets or lives in a place where she can't burn candles, you could purchase an assortment of liquid hand soaps from Bath & Body Works, or, prepaid full service car wash gift cards. Another option is to purchase an item that supports a charity or cause she supports, either from their website or fundraiser, or online site such as http://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/ or http://www.dogloverswineclub.com

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 4:04:03 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:07:58 PM PST
PEH says:
Very appropriate choice of a term - fits like a glove, sister!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 11:18:29 AM PST
If she really is that awful, give him a nicely framed photo of him with an ex girlfriend that you did like. :) That will stir some discussion on their ride home from the holiday festivities. :)

(Not actually suggesting something mean like this but it makes me chuckle)

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 9:54:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 9:54:58 PM PST
OldAmazonian says:
How about a ten-pound box [or bucket] of horrible candy?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:23:18 AM PST
get her a massager that doesn't work very well. They make tons of them. Get a battery run device that runs out of juice every 20 minutes.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 11:26:56 AM PST
The other thing I can think of is gumbees in the shapes of snakes and other reptiles that disgust women. Get a huge bag of them.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:12:08 PM PST
Snorefixer says:
Brother's obnoxious girlfriend huh?? Why show her the true meaning of Christmas. A nice mellow bag a weed and a pipe perhaps??

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:10:27 PM PST
www.PurpleDotFashion.com
It has great gift ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:32:50 AM PST
**facepalm**

Kinda missed the point of this thread haven't you?

That'll teach you for spamming your crap everywhere.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
recommendations 1 50 minutes ago
A list of books 348 57 minutes ago
The Barking Spider Lounge 771 1 hour ago
What are you reading now? 4490 1 hour ago
YELL!!!! 2622 2 hours ago
daerhT sdrawkcaB ssA ehT 70 2 hours ago
The OFFICIAL BitterSweet Thread 1827 3 hours ago
Recommend some Pulp Writer's. 335 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions