Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Seafood as a gift?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 8:20:12 AM PST
Eric says:
So I got my brother (the family "chef") this legal sea foods cook book (The New Legal Sea Foods Cookbook) as a gift to add to his tool-belt of cooking knowledge, but I decided I wanted to go a step beyond that and really have him put his money where his mouth is.

I want to give him his first challenge. Make it something like a Chopped scenario for those who know about the show. So since we live in the Northeast I am going to order from mail order seafood from http://shop.legalseafoods.com/ and have it show up right before the family party.

I have two questions. First, how would any of you react to receiving a a big delivery of fresh seafood? And for the chefs out there, any idea what types of seafood pairings would make him really sweat when trying to make a dish?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:37:50 PM PST
Swedey says:
I would seriously consider making you cook it up if I had other plans in place. That would not fly right before our family party.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:18:10 PM PST
Grandma says:
I have to agree with All the King's Men. That is NOT the kind of surprise to spring on someone at the last minute. Seafood quickly goes off. How are you to know what ingredients he has on hand, what his other plans might be, or even if he has refrigerator space?

Frankly, it doesn't sound like a gift but more like an opportunity to be a bit nasty over your brother's cooking skills.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 7:33:58 PM PST
Swedey says:
Grandma, you are right on as usual.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Time for a Made in America search option. 586 20 hours ago
º°"~`"°☜♥☞ D€aℓ$ & Chaţ ☜♥☞º°"~`"°º 515 1 day ago
Wish list items sent. 0 2 days ago
Book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests that show that homosexuality is caused by parental neglect! Book makes a very great gift! 38 6 days ago
How do I find out who gift is from? 51 7 days ago
Trying to buy something for someone's wishlist, only able to ship to myself? 5 7 days ago
Amazon smile program (Amazon donates to charity when you shop) 503 9 days ago
Christmas gift for 21 year old female 12 9 days ago
Does Amazon send receipts by mail to billing address?? 25 9 days ago
idea for older lady 45 10 days ago
gift for daughter in law 19 12 days ago
Best gift ideas 2 13 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions