Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Gift for successful adult daughter (married)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 11:55:35 AM PST
kittycat says:
Need ideas for successful adult daughter (married)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 12:36:42 PM PST
FlyingAce says:
I would guess that by successful you mean someone who can generally buy herself things throughout the year and has everything she wants. :) I would recommend tickets to movies/shows/events in her area that she can enjoy with her spouse. Basically anything that can be enjoyed rather than something that has to be stored somewhere. If you live close and she has kids, maybe get her tickets to a show and a dinner gift card with the offer to watch the kids so they can have a date night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:30:27 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 2:35:10 PM PST
kittycat says:
NO, I mean she is very independent and asks for nothing. I pray, if I may say that word, that the people who are trying to gain employment are indeed successfull in their quest. Too many wonderful energetic people are hurting and I would like to help every family, but I am not in the White House controlling the economy. I am sorry I stepped on feelings, I realize this isn't the time to ask for anything!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:21:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 4:12:35 PM PST
OK. And you can use the word 'pray' with me. Thank you for responding so graciously.

If your daughter works/schools or whatever (so that time is an issue), I saw this nice idea on pinterest. At least I thought it was nice. It was the gift of a new crockpot and some homemade freezer meals designed for the crockpot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:14:50 PM PST
kittycat says:
Thank you, I appreciate all the great ideas, sometimes our older adult children find it dificult to ask for anything.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:40:39 PM PST
B. Swafford says:
I find sometimes the best gifts in these cases are experiences. Even better experiences you guys can share together. If that is not possible maybe check out groupon for some ideas of experiences she might like. For example 5 yoga lessons, spa day, race car driving thing or golf lessons. Also for a person who has everything they need it is nice that they are not burdened with more things.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:14:57 AM PST
Something that she can remember you by forever. A small crystal picture frame, a flower bud vase, jewelry, or something handmade "Frugal isn't a bad thing".

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:53:38 AM PST
kittycat says:
Hi Patti, what GREAT ideas, I guess my mind hasn't been in gear, handmade is a spectacular IDEA!!
Thanks,
kittycat
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions