Posted on Apr 15, 2012 1:38:52 PM PDT
AdamK says:
Apple

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 3:25:19 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
HP.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 3:31:51 PM PDT
A. Bigler says:
Definitely NOT Acer. Dell is far superior. I have had both.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 3:32:37 PM PDT
A. Bigler says:
The second best.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2012 3:33:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2012 3:34:00 PM PDT
A. Bigler says:
HP is tied with Apple.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 3:35:53 PM PDT
A. Bigler says:
The best ever is DELL. I dropped my Dell and have been crying every sense as I can not afford another Dell. DON'T DROP YOUR DELL!!!!

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 4:17:05 PM PDT
definitely toshiba apple is overpriced and dell stinks

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 4:32:20 PM PDT
J. Araluce says:
I owened an Apple mac book pro 2008, cost about $2300 new. Then in 2011 i purchased an Acer Timeline x 4820 t for 700-800 cant remember. windows 7 is better than mac os in my opinion. and the Acer is just as good as my macbook pro. So i say acer, or mac.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 7:43:59 PM PDT
Dell for sure. Apple sticks fancy names on the same hardware thats in any PC and charges 8x the price. Also they can and do void warrenties if the computer is in a home with a smoker at any time. Smokings gross but still...

Just have good antivirus and no norton and mcaffy are not good antivirus. Actually some free programs are much better. Steer clear of asus. Good hardware but really terrible customer service. Have an issue and you may be stuck with a broken pc. Dell basically rocks. I have a vostro thats 2 yrs old and still runs like the day i took it out of the box!

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 11:32:31 PM PDT
K. Hatch says:
I have had my Apple Macbook Pro for six years and it still runs like a champ. Load time is minimal and I have never had a virus, as most viruses are built for the Microsoft OS. While you will pay more for an Apple product, you will get great quality for your buck!

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 7:59:29 AM PDT
Anastasia M. says:
Apple is surely the best

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:35:11 PM PDT
JP says:
I suppose it depends on what you want/need.

For example, if you are caught up in the hype and want an overpriced laptop then, of course, Apple is the best.

If you want a laptop that meets your basic needs without breaking the bank then HP laptops perform well. I've had two HP laptops. Apple products are expensive because people believe the fallacy that they are immune to viruses, etc. Maybe they are a bit more insulated, but I'd bet money some hacker, cyber-geek will find ways to exploit Apple products.

The way I understand it, Apple is a "carrier" (think strep throat), so they may not get infected, but they sure can pass the virus on to others.

There are lots of cool laptops, so it really just comes down to how you use it and your budget. The "best" laptop is the one I can afford! :)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:33:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2012 9:43:18 PM PDT
D. Wolf says:
I'm a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator; two of the highest certs that Microsoft offers. It takes years of experience and eight very difficult tests to get those certs. I've done computer work professionally for over 15 years; I've been a computer lover/geek for about 30 years.

My own personal computer is a MacBook Pro. I love it.

Draw your own conclusions. :)

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:13:49 PM PDT
C. Bisanar says:
If you want a Windows book, definitely look at Asus. Crazy good engineering. They do "small" better than anyone but Apple.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:14:10 AM PDT
Great Cook says:
APPLE is the best....Dell is the worse to try and talk to someone if your having a problem,
and you will have problems with Dell..Terrible public relations with Dell..Yuck.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 11:29:25 AM PDT
Toshiba!! For god sake don't get a Dell. I did and it never was right and gradually fell apart whereas my husband's Toshiba which was years older was still going strong. Needless to say I got a Toshiba which I am typing this message on. Have had no problems with my Toshiba.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 12:11:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 17, 2012 12:14:03 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 12:14:16 PM PDT
ANNETTE says:
Toshiba Satellite best bang for your buck!!!! Love mine never any issues and I didn't have to spend a lot of money.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 4:04:39 PM PDT
Kenny Golden says:
ASUS all day.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:24:14 AM PDT
Asus, why bother with anything else?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:27:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 18, 2012 9:38:26 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:42:31 AM PDT
apple dose beat the competition as far as safety goes. there arent as many viruses you can get and they have a great firewall. and thats because more people do have PC's then MAC. but they are pricy and powerful. as PC's rank. Asus takes the lead in performance and budget. Acer is honestly crap, and i put dell in the same sentence. hp, Toshiba, sony are all great. if you want a power house, go with alien wear. but that comes at a nice price that beats apples cheapest mac book. good luck.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:43:31 AM PDT
just dont buy more then you need. RESEARCH!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 5:14:35 PM PDT
albertxp06 says:
I would choose Apple. They're laptops are more expensive than others, but Mac OSX runs flawlessly and quickly. Not only that, but with Bootcamp, you can run Windows on your Mac.

Apple does have great customer service. For the smallest issue, they will replace or repair your laptop free of charge, even if it's out of warranty (in MY experience).

If you were to go Windows only, I like Dell laptops with Asus being second. HP would be third.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions