Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Christmas gift for the mom who has everything!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2009 12:17:49 PM PST
C. Bucci says:
Im in search of unique ideas for my mother for Christmas. She has everything! I usually try and think of something creative and unique but this year Im puzzled. Any thoughts?

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 1:29:31 PM PST
B. Kozlowski says:
Check out MyDayRegistry.com

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 12:17:31 PM PST
My mom always liked different stationary, or pretty note paper (not something that she'd buy for herself). Also, she liked a variety of pretty cards...all occasion. (Not the cheap ones). That's just a small idea. Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2009 4:10:12 PM PST
Aviva Lynne says:
Do you and your Mom have any special things you kid each other about that you could turn into a great gift?

For example, my Mom used to steal the great clothes hangers I would buy myself out of my closets for her own clothes all the time protesting that she didn't think I should buy for those expensive hangers. And we like to tease each other about the hangers. So every few years I buy her a bunch as a gift.

Or one time she couldn't find any scissors when she needed some and swore I must have taken her pair home. So I bought her that Christmas kitchen shears, sewing scissors, small paper scissors, regular scissors (all shapes and sizes and colors and enough to have one in every room in her house including the bathrooms so she was never more than 10 steps away from a pair of scissors). This was a great success. And once you start looking you will be surprised at all the fun scissors you can find.

This year my sister and I both noticed that her bathroom could use some updating and redecorating so we are getting a new showerhead, shower curtain and rings, towels, accessories so the whole thing will be fresh and new. And if we find time maybe we might even paint it.

Karen idea about stationary and cards is great also. My mom likes to send cards but hates shopping for them so I usually stock her up on cards and it actually becomes expensive fast so sometimes I do it as a gift. I go to a card store and find birthday cards appropriate for all the close family and friends and toss in some get well cards and some sympathy cards. She loves not having to run out at the last minute to buy a card. I also a couple of years ago bought her card stock and stamps (for every holiday) and different colored inks ans stickers at the craft store and a storage bin for them as a gift so she could make cards whenever she wants (or have the great grands over to help her make cards.

And one time I went to the hardware store and bought all new fun knobs for the sets of folding doors in her kitchen/pantry and great area. Ones with hummingbirds on them that worked with a border she had in the area.

Then one year I bought a number of Meow village buildings to go on the top of a six foot door opening between the living room and great room.

And my mother usually loves it whenever I give her any thing I have painted (or she loves anything my sister has painted). Something nice about an 83 year old mother still putting her 50 something daughters' artwork to enjoy. Although I must admit I can't show her any of my rejects since like most mothers all I have to do is put brush to canvas or paper for her to love it. But this year at 83 she took her first couple of art lessons and her daughters are both very proud of her fledging efforts so it does go both ways. So you might consider either painting her something or paying for an art workshop for her to take (or both to take together).

And for several years we were all tired of trying to find things to buy so we bought experiences for each other like theatre or concert tickets and then went out to dinner together before the performances. That year I bought my brother a gift certificate for he and his wife to go whitewater rafting along with a waterproof camera.

And when I run of my own ideas I just go to the nearest hardware store or office supply store and I never fail to find great and creative gifts there.

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 3:35:10 PM PST
Sasha says:
Mother like soaps but no any soap has to be old fashioned soap made by old times
Grandma's Style check out on those soaps
is a nice present give a basket of those Provence Lavender / Jasmine Grandiflorum with Sea and Rose Clay Soap(Face and Body)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 7:20:44 PM PST
D. Adams says:
you really thought of some great ideas for your mom. what a sweet daughter!

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 8:11:25 PM PST
GW™ says:
My mom likes postage stamps.
And I usually have her pick out stuff she likes from the catalog of Vermont Country Store. They have old timey stuff she likes. Perfume, hair curlers etc. Stuff you NEVER see in stores anymore.

Posted on Nov 7, 2009 4:13:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 11:00:56 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2009 5:34:30 PM PST
Anne A says:
Hello! Music makes a wonderful gift! Relaxing music is a really great accompaniment for the hectic holiday season. One of the all-time, top-selling women artists in the US is Enya. She has a brand new CD/DVD available 12/1/09. For the first time in the US, she is releasing her videos. There are 18 videos on the DVD disc, including a documentary. The music CD contains 22 tracks! That's a whole lot of content for about $21 !!! Here's the link to the product page.
The Very Best Of Enya (CD/DVD)

There is a CD-only version of this album with 19 tracks for only $10.
The Very Best Of Enya

Happy Shopping!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2009 1:17:47 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 17, 2009 6:21:10 PM PST
I usually do food. Cheese type things and wine.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 4:58:58 AM PST
I like to go to Thingsyouneverknewexisted.com and get ideas. Then I'll usually go back on Amazon to see if they have a desired item and to see if it's cheaper. Sometimes I'll buy a big plant or some kind of rose bush as a present, or some kind of outdoor/ garden decoration.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 5:44:59 AM PST
a digital pic frame and down load a lots of pic's of family.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 5:52:21 AM PST
B. Taylor says:
Spa gift certificate where you and your mom can go after the holidays for some relaxation.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 5:20:03 PM PST
Nancy Marie says:
Does your mom have any hobbies or anything she likes to do in her spare time? Maybe something related to a hobby?

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 5:38:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 19, 2009 6:15:20 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 8:51:30 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 14, 2009 6:08:18 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 10:21:17 AM PST
Maria O. says:
How about an "of the month club" like wine, candles, bath & body, cakes, etc.? ClubsGalore.com lets you do a variety club where you can send something different every month.

Posted on Nov 20, 2009 5:33:58 PM PST
Sarah says:
If she enjoys cooking, how about giving her the gift of a day of cooking desserts with you or trying new recipes with you for a day or something like that. Giving gifts doesn't mean it has to be material things. Memories work well too. :)

Posted on Nov 20, 2009 11:25:06 PM PST
well mom's love everything but they are very hard to shop for because they tell you they don't need anything but your company what ya a joke but for me this year it was pretty easy my mom's friends got her a sirus satellite radio for her house with a car thing but she had no idea how to use it so i took her car to best buy and had it installed and she says she loves it so i guess it works but every situation is different good luck!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 5:01:19 PM PST
D. A KENNEDY says:
If she likes flower arranging, gardening, or just having fresh-cut flowers in the house, try an Agate Ikebana Vase. Unique, fun, simple, elegant. Agate Ikebana Vase

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 10:49:34 PM PST
Latina says:
Get her one of those (fake) butterflies in a jar.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 1:28:02 PM PST
M. Williams says:
Moms always love more time to spend with their kids. Since there isn't much she needs (maybe wants) I'd consider tickets to a show for you and her, a spa day with you, etc. Giving her a day with you that she will remember will mean more than picking something out a gift just for the sake of giving a gift.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:13:44 PM PST
My mom sort of has about anything you can think of also. I bought her a wall decal that says something along the lines of a mother holds their children for a while, but their hearts forever.
I thought it would be something she would appreciate every time she walked by it.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:30:12 PM PST
Latina says:
How about one of those mother/children pendant? You can choose the number of parents and/or children according to your situation. I think they are lovely!

Sterling Silver Loving Family® Gifts for Mom Heart Pendant - Parents and 2 Children
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
F... U... N... 84 1 hour ago
Jenna 8027 3 hours ago
The last film you watched thread. 333 4 hours ago
Thread # 555 13 5 hours ago
What are you reading now? 526 5 hours ago
Best used book find 82 6 hours ago
Old Friends and Guilty Pleasures 37 16 hours ago
Top Five Best Books I'll Never Read Again 43 21 hours ago

ARRAY(0xa11cec78)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions