Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Ian McShane's "Soul Survivors"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2011 12:13:30 PM PDT
Ken Leland says:
Why can't we get this Genuine Jem of a movie released? I've been waiting 10 years to get a copy of this wonderful film. If I knew who has the rights to this, released in any format, I would try to get them to get it released. Fortunately I have a VHS copy that I copied off of satellite years ago, but it is rapidly degrading and I'm afraid it will soon be lost forever. Does anyone know whether this will ever be released, and who has the rights to it?

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 5:23:48 AM PDT
This one?Soul Survivors (The Killer Cut)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 12:30:49 PM PDT
Ken Leland says:
NO. ian McShane is not in this newer film. The one I'm looking for is about a British Dick Jockey who loves "Soul" music. His boss doesn't share his preference in music so he gets canned. His favorite group is a group known as the "Tallahassee's", who are no longer together, so he sets out to find out what happened to them and try to get them back together again. His exploits, along with some zany antics and with bizarre characters in the mix make a great funny film. It's a real delight!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 1:43:20 PM PDT
Dona Wiegand says:
Hope you can find it, it sounds delightful. One I would buy for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 1:55:42 PM PDT
Ken Leland says:
Thank you for the feedback!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 3:00:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2011 3:13:41 PM PDT
Reallysquare says:
I recorded it on VHS when 1st broadcast and have since had it converted to DVD, not broadcast quality but still good.
great 2 part series. I made 2 MP3's from it too, Braking the link and of course Pickin' up the pieces.
It may be the same problem as with the made for TV film Coast to Coast with mobile soul DJ's
Ritchie Lee (Lenny Henry) and John Carloff (John Shea), they cannot get release rights, see
http://www.guerilla-films.com/coast_to_coast.htm

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 12:48:47 AM PST
R MILES says:
You're exactly right Ken, Soul Survivors was a great film that deserves re-release on DVD. I've been signed up to http://videoeta.com/movie/27466 for 5 years waiting for it to be released, but no avail.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 5:00:35 AM PST
R MILES says:
check out this u-tube clip, it could almost be the Talahassies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBuEUTC-mY

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 1:22:51 PM PDT
Ken Leland says:
I,m still impatiently waiting for this gem to be released. It's now been 17 years and I'm still waiting and hoping that whoever has control over this beautiful film will finally put me out of my misery by releasing it - on any format!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:05:12 AM PDT
Any chance I could buy a DVD co0py from you for my good friend SCHERRIE PAYNE (Supremes) who gets mentioned in the movie? I told her about it after I'd watched it on BBC1 but never been able to get her a copy. She'd be thrilled. I've made an alert in case you reply to this. Thanks in advance.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions