Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Why Amazon Prime sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 340 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2014 6:57:37 AM PDT
M. B. J says:
I love it as welll . as much as i shop the shipping can get pricey .. amd i can split the order and send some directly to the college dorm ... nothing better

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 8:58:44 AM PDT
I just purchased Amazon Prime and I am angry. Even old movies from the 80's cost to watch. Out of the 40,000 movies they say they have, every movie I looked up cost money. I just watched a whole series and hope to God I did not have to pay for them. I just noticed the cost factor today. I did not sign up to listen to music. They are not getting my money next year!

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 5:21:12 AM PDT
donald brown says:
Amazon buys television programs that are broadcast in HD and then resells them to their customers in either HD or SD format.......WTF???
Purchasing the program in HD (as they are originally broadcast) usually cost additional money.
Piss on em...Ive had enough!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2014 1:37:14 PM PDT
Sleazy?! Always read the fine print and in this case, it's not so tiny. I have had no challenges whatsoever with Amazon Prime, which I've had for several years now and order every other day as I am handicapped. I can't imagine being without it. Perhaps you are looking for something over which to complain just to be ornery.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2014 7:45:13 AM PDT
I've gotten free 2-say deliveries on Saturday. I've also received 2-day items in less than 24 hours. I also save well over $300 a year on shipping minus $99 Prime cost, which makes it a great deal.

Those of you saying "it's not worth it" need to add "to me" at the end of your statement. There are plenty of people who find tremendous value in it.

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 7:35:59 AM PDT
C. Nickel says:
I'm in the "it's not worth it" camp. I had Prime a couple years ago, but find I don't order enough to make it worthwhile. I just got off a free trial, and the two items I did order were over the 35 dollar limit, so I would have gotten free shipping anyways, and they were items I still haven't used (front ball joints for a vehicle and a Jeep soft top..haven't installed either yet) so getting them in two days and then putting them on the shelf for 3 weeks means I didn't need them that fast. Regular free shipping would have been just fine.

The other Prime order I placed on a Wednesday, and when they finally got back to me with a delivery date, it wasn't going to be until the following Monday. That's five days. That means the only time you are going to get anything in two days is if you order it on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday? No Saturday delivery? I'm not impressed. We still have stores in our area, so I can go buy stuff pretty easily. I canceled that order, because it wasn't going to be there in two days anyway. One item was readily available at the store the next day, the other from another online sources (and for less money I found!). I could wait.

As for Prime as a movie service? Again, not impressive to me. Internet TV is available from a LOT of sources now. Most of the things I wanted to watch on Prime required paying extra, on top of the yearly fee. Paying $99 a year for the privilege of buying something doesn't work for me. I can wait until the movie or program gets on to some flat-rate or free service, or simply skip it. I don't need someone else to entertain me that bad.

Now I will admit I'm VERY tight with money. I don't spend a dime more for something if I can get a better deal somewhere. The way retailers, local and online, generally treat people doesn't generate much brand loyalty in me. Perhaps I'm just old school, perhaps I'm just an old curmudgeon, but I still believe retailers must EARN my business. If I don't get the service advertised, I walk. Finding that better deal is more entertaining to me than sitting back and watching some movie or TV program...it's like a challenge. I'm probably not Amazon's demographic.

When the free trial ended, I did not renew.

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 6:22:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 9, 2014 1:32:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2014 6:20:00 PM PDT
It's not because more and more of them are not prime eligible. Prime sucks big time.

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 11:40:42 PM PDT
Amazon prime is 5 days too 24 days shipping.Their is no 2 Day shipping anymore. Prime sucks. Don't. Pay. Last order never showe
d.UPS. said they tried t o deliver but no one home. It was a wire with a plug on the end. Make sure your'e kids can't except that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2014 9:05:34 AM PDT
Sargon says:
along with a jacked up price as well. Oooooh!!!

Posted on Aug 19, 2014 9:00:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 19, 2014 9:01:33 AM PDT
Sargon says:
I have to chuckle at the positive reviews for Prime. I wonder if they are made up by Amazon staff. I didnt find it useful or a great value. I can wait on my orders. I'm not a kid at xmas anymore. I dont watch movies. I expected to get at least free shipping on a lot of stuff I wanted. But hardly any of my orders did they give me free shipping. And in browsing items I noticed "Not Eligible For Amazon Prime" more often than not. Bait & Switch.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2014 8:56:13 AM PDT
Sargon says:
How did you get free Prime? Did you check your credit card statement carefully? For me, it's not worth paying 99.00 for. so I ended the membership and got most of the $$$ back. I dont even watch movies. If you do, and buy stuff a lot, maybe it's worth it.

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 7:48:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 14, 2014 7:48:48 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 7:44:04 PM PDT
I have prime and I pay for it well worth the cost. Music movies 2 day shipping. Forget Wal-Mart I have Amazon and that's the truth

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 12:48:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 9, 2014 12:49:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 12:46:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2014 12:48:03 PM PDT
How about unannounced times during the week, when you offer free shipping. A site I use occasionally, does this and when I called to purchase about 100AA batteries, the customer rep. told me that it was like a bomb went off. I realize, she is told to say that, but I received my free shipping. Think about it........cha-ching, cha-ching!!

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 5:06:35 AM PDT
Willie says:
What kind of post is that. People are in businesses to make money - it's the service most of us want. It's called supply and demand. If you are unhappy, do like I did and cancel your membership. It's time we get back to basics and give our business to people who appreciate it, not expect it.

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 3:24:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2014 12:51:21 PM PDT
Very simple. Love you Amazon. However you could lower the price. You have to be making 30-50% on every prime sale. It is just like a health club scam. They make money on the idiots that never show. Come on, After all, you would be the first to say "An educated consumer is our best customer". We know that credo to. So do not take us for idiots. Great idea, but refine it a little OK??

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 9:22:04 AM PDT
I would have to say that the service for Prime has gone down hill in the last couple of months and the customer service team really does not seem to care. I have used Chat, phone, and email. I have only been in contact with one person who actually seem to understand the problem as well as cared to try and fix it.

Amazon Prime is not what it used to be and the shipping is not up to snuff. It is time to rethink the membership.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2014 9:42:31 AM PDT
Willie says:
You're right Lynda - Amazon is not the same. The only thing we can all do is start shopping the old fashion way by going to brick and mortar stores. We made amazon and we can break Amazon.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 6:03:19 PM PDT
Hal Smith says:
I truly believe that Amazon Prime is the best! I have other accounts that belong to Prime. It's the best deal for online shopping, steaming videos, adding family. Don't whine over it, just drop it and move on if you disagree.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2014 10:53:56 AM PDT
i just joined and it cost me $99. in my opinion it is not worth it. i got a tablet that according to the specs would work great for a project i wanted to do. i ordered a case/keyboard to go with it. the listing for the case said it was compatible with the specific tablet i ordered. the tablet was not up to my expectations, so i wanted to return it, the keyboard was no use for me so i wanted to return that also. i find out i am only going to get 80% of the cost of tablet, and a restocking fee and postage. all that added up to almost twice the actual cost of the keyboard, so i have a brand new keyboard i cant use, and am losing a good sum because i did not like the product. even wal mart does better than that!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2014 8:06:05 AM PDT
Amazon's Prime is very well marked with the Prime symbol, if it doesn't have it you don't the free shipping, simple!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2014 12:34:19 PM PDT
Willie says:
Thanks for your response Rick, but what did it cost. As far as expectations from Amazon or any other service, I expect the same perfection that my father taught me and delivered. Service doesn't seem to be the same in most businesses. My father said to me, "I don't care if you sweep floors for a living, do it right and do it with pride." Today it appears, the younger crowd call some of these jobs, "menial" and think they are above this type of work. At the end of the day, I felt great just doing a hard days work and I still look back on it with pride.

I can say however, my wife and I raised the bar in our own lives and will not tolerate second-rate service. Any business that is substandard, will lose us as customers as in the case with Amazon Prime.

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 5:50:32 PM PDT
I wish all could share the same experience, however seldom do we get packages that are packed correctly. We get Hard Drive and Electronics laying on the bottom of a box with padding on top and nothing on the bottom, most dead on arrival. We seldom get 2 day air in 2 days (as others have experienced) and shipping continues to rise.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  224
Total posts:  340
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2011
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions