Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

graduation gift for medical student

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2011 12:42:08 PM PDT
bella says:
need a gift for someone graduating med school

Posted on May 3, 2011 3:32:53 PM PDT
Gilly says:
If they will move to own apartment, how about something to cook with? Martha Stewart soup pot is nice for one pot meals and is about $50.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011 8:42:09 PM PDT
A nice business brief that can carry computer, tools, files, etc. to the hospital and office. If budget allows, look for durable brands with great warranties that will be able to handle day-to day use for years, like Briggs & Riley (15.4 in. clamshell style / speedthru for airports), or similar bags by Tumi, Victorionox, Coach, etc.

Posted on May 3, 2011 9:26:45 PM PDT
CatLady says:
A good cardiology stethoscope would be great:
as an example: 3M Littmann 2161 Master Cardiology Stethoscope, Black, 27 inch

Posted on May 4, 2011 6:52:01 AM PDT
D's momma says:
Go with what CatLady has said! its PERFECT! and you can also get it engraved!!! As a vet tech... It was always great to have your own instead of "borrowing" someones. Make sure if you want it "super" special.. to get a neo natal one.. the sounds are much more defined! ood Luck! But kudos Cat! YOU NAILED IT!

Posted on May 4, 2011 12:34:01 PM PDT
I agree with CatLady. Make sure it is a Litmann brand stethoscope. They are the best quality stethoscope you can get.

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:57:25 PM PDT
M. Miller says:
If you want to go quirky I wrote a book about the weird experience of being a medical student right now A Taste of My Own Medicine (Kindle Single)

But yeah, the Littmann cardiology stethoscope for sure if the person doesn't yet have one. If person is going into pediatrics get a toy as accessory that doubles as a flashlight (some of them have little rubber duckies and animals and things with lightbulbs). Moleskine pocket notebook still very useful even with all the electronic stuff available to do same.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 1:38:17 PM PDT
l337jacqui says:
as a medical student I highly doubt someone graduating wouldn't already have a high quality stethoscope. Plus there are many variations and they may already have a favorite type, and might not even used one if it wasn't exactly what they wanted, and most likely already have. good idea though

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:11:22 PM PDT
KarLeeA says:
A large cash donation would be the best gift...all med students have their own stethoscope, and depending upon the desired specialty, there are options
for each...

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 5:59:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 6:07:12 AM PDT
MM says:
The BEST gift for a Medical Student (if it were for me) would be a CASE XX Doctor's knife. Something to have and carry around daily and for Emergencies.
See:
Case Knives 058 Doctor's Knife R5285SPSS Pattern with Genuine Red Stag Handles
Case Knives 06088 Doctor's Knife 5285SPDAM Pattern with Genuine India Stag Handles
or
HEN & ROOSTER AND Stag Damascus 2 Blade Doctor 1/300 Pocket Knife Knives

These knives appreciate in value every year, as will the skills and aptitude of your medical student. It's a constant reminder of quality and assurance.

If it's a female, do a search on eBay for "case xx doctor's knife"
and check out ... CASE XX USA 6185 LADY CASE PINK BUBBA GUM DOCTOR'S KNIFE 2004
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
gifts for 29 year old girl with down syndrome?????? 50 20 hours ago
Book (Snapping of the American Mind) shows Harvard tests that show that homosexuality is caused by parental neglect! Book makes a very great gift! 31 20 hours ago
Louis Vuitton sold me a fake bag! 173 20 hours ago
Delete an old wish list 53 1 day ago
º°"~`"°☜♥☞ D€aℓ$ & Chaţ ☜♥☞º°"~`"°º 508 2 days ago
How do I find out who gift is from? 45 2 days ago
'add gift idea' gone? 6 2 days ago
Amazon smile program (Amazon donates to charity when you shop) 479 4 days ago
Time for a Made in America search option. 577 5 days ago
Why Amazon Prime sucks 392 6 days ago
gift idea for 19 year old female? need help asap 3 7 days ago
How to see a cumulative year-to-date report of the AmazonSmile donations resulting from your purchases 1 8 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions