Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Suggestions for audio book for 94 year old Grandmother?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2009 9:19:12 AM PST
Lizzy says:
I am looking for a story that is well narrated, happy and bright, nothing depressing! Something that would appeal to a woman of a generation that kind of looks down on todays morals - so a story where no characters are doing anything questionable according to a puritan, "i lived through the depression" kind of mindset.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 9:30:50 AM PST
Jennifer says:
A great audiobook is The Help. I'd heartily recommend it and your grandmother will probably even have thoughts of her own on the subject since she lived through the times.

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 9:38:00 AM PST
funny mom says:
My grandmother was born, lived, and died on a farm. She loved the James Harriot books ("All Creatures Great and Small", "All Things Bold and Beautiful","All Things Wise and Wonderful", "The Lord God Made Them All"). They are about a Veteranarian in rural England and take place in the 1920's or 30's. The characters are interesting, the stories are charming, funny, and sweet and embody good values. I received a set from her many years ago and still enjoy them although I have read them many times. I hope I've helped you. Merry Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 9:50:54 AM PST
Lizzy says:
Sounds perfect, thank you so much!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 9:51:12 AM PST
Lizzy says:
thank you!

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 11:02:02 AM PST
Amber says:
well, i suggested "angela's ashes" for my grandmother and she is 92. she loved it! it is a bit sad here and there. but appreciated a good story.

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 12:25:58 PM PST
Buffy's Mom says:
The Eye of The World by Robert Jordan. A fantasy adventure novel, and epic story that takes place in a technonogically lacking time. Its part of a series: the wheel of time series. addicts everyone I have ever recomended it to.

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 12:28:24 PM PST
Elizabeth G says:
"A woman of independent means"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
º°"~`"°☜♥☞ D€aℓ$ & Chaţ ☜♥☞º°"~`"°º 478 1 hour ago
Perfect, easy Valentine's Day gift: name a star after your lover! 1 2 hours ago
Book (My genes made me do it) shows parental neglect causes homosexuality and makes a great gift 80 3 hours ago
Do Amazon gift receipts include date order was placed? 1 11 hours ago
What does the gift receipt read? 3 12 hours ago
Birthday Gift for 10 year old girl 22 1 day ago
birthday gift for a son of 22 years old 89 1 day ago
Amazon smile program (Amazon donates to charity when you shop) 457 1 day ago
Can I be Anonymous? 4 6 days ago
Louis Vuitton sold me a fake bag! 167 11 days ago
how do u see if something has been bought for you from wishlist? 5 13 days ago
birthday gift for a woman 90 years old 194 13 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions