Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

gift ideas for dad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2011 9:11:03 PM PST
tcoburn says:
my dad likes computers, music, anything electronic really ..
-preferably under $30
-no CDs or DVDs
-nothing i have to pay for every month - no subscriptions
please help ! thank you :-)

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 9:25:02 PM PST
itunes gift card, best buy gift card, if he plays any computer games online you can get a 1 month membership card. Like my husband plays World warcraft and he has membership cards on his wishlist, as well as xbox live cards and wii points cards. All good if you dad is a gamer. What about an accessory for some electronic gadget he already has?

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 7:38:10 AM PST
Hot hands says:
your dad? How about the present of presense? Take him out to lunch.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 6:57:04 PM PDT
Rever.. says:
check this website: www.meaningfulgiftideas.com

They have a lot of ideas for less stuff and more meaning. It's good.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 7:24:47 PM PDT
I agree with the gift of your time.
Why not take him out for a nice lunch (turn off your cellphone) and just spend time with your dad. Maybe a round of golf?
Is there a movie out that he wants to see? Maybe the two of you can go to see it.
Maybe bowling?
Whatever little gadget that you can buy him for $30, he can probably purchase himself, but he cannot buy time with you. For him, that time with you is probably PRICELESS and therefore worth much more than whatever you might be able to find here!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:01:11 AM PDT
A time with your Dad is a real priceless gift and always remembered. A tangible gift is always appreciated but always forgettable.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:03:19 PM PDT
Paul Hayes says:
check out this website: www.giftless.com

It leverages your social network to provide social gift recommendations.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 1:03:21 AM PDT
FBCALLO says:
Hello. Take a look at www.godsalphamale.com. Neat gifts for men. Let me know what you think. Email at info@godsalphamale.com. Good Luck

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 1:03:46 AM PDT
FBCALLO says:
Hello. Take a look at www.godsalphamale.com. Neat gifts for men. Let me know what you think. Email at info@godsalphamale.com. Good Luck

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 1:58:27 PM PDT
Hey check out my website it - it's called: www. NevergonnabuyShytfromDesperatepeople.com

Posted on May 1, 2012 8:19:59 AM PDT
widowTink says:
I wish my dad was still alive.

TIME with your dad is the most precious thing of all, as a lot of the posters have said here. Don't wait until he's gone to start wishing you had spent more time and less money. Tell him you love him.

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:56:52 PM PDT
T. Brown says:
I wrote an article on gifts for boyfriends, but I think it would transfer pretty weel to dads. It was some non-standard gift ideas. Here is the link to the post:

http://t-r-brown.hubpages.com/hub/An-Anniversary-Gift-for-Your-Boyfriend-A-Top-Ten-List

Posted on May 28, 2012 7:35:16 PM PDT
Meanlilkitty says:
I always got my dad a funny t-shirt and a card saying that i love him

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 8:48:08 AM PDT
Emma Hickl says:
My dad loves Amazon gift cards, that way he can buy whatever he wants. That's what I'd suggest! :)

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 1:54:08 PM PDT
"See John Play" is a great Father's Day gift, and through Wed, Jun 13 it's FREE in the Kindle Store!

"Everyone wants a piece of struggling golfer John Kaminski - his lucky lady, the old-school Cincinnati underworld, and Connie, the man-melting woman to whom he's married. His stunning triumph reaps sudden wealth, flying bullets, and death. Now the real game begins, as a strong woman with every reason to leave her undeserving husband instead risks her life for him."

Here's what the early reviewers are saying:
"DiGrazie's book initially plays like a romance novel... but once John starts hitting the tours, it becomes a rousing tale of character interplay." -Kirkus Indie

"...a surprising and very well-written novel." - Rose, an Amazon reviewer

"I couldn't care less about golf, but I became part of the character's excitement during close rounds." - Dawn, an Amazon reviewer

"I found myself so engrossed with the characters before the first chapter was over... The story line was good, realistic and kept you turning the pages. There are plenty of twists and turns... Lots of rich charismatic people in this story. Definitely worth picking up."
- Felicia, a Goodreads reviewer

"See John Play" - where love meets courage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:16:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 4:16:36 PM PDT
"See John Play With Himself" -where Dave meets self-promotion.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:38:36 PM PDT
One gift dad fears most is a tie. ;-)

Just getting together for lunch would trump also any "gift". On the other hand, we are on Amazon, purveyor of books and such. Find a topic that your dad loves and shop with a vengeance. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 1:52:49 PM PDT
Annie says:
How bout a list of things that you love about him or are thankful to him for. I did that for my Dad and recently found that list tucked in his drawer well worn, after he died.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:55:10 PM PDT
Annie says:
How bout a list of things that you love about him or are thankful to him for. I did that for my Dad and recently found that list tucked in his drawer well worn, after he died.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 2:15:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2012 12:32:50 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions