Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Need a gift container that is part of the gift (toys)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 11:49:18 AM PDT
Grasshopper says:
We're in the habit of making a gift basket of sorts for my niece's birthday.

For her first birthday, she got a Bilibo filled with smaller toys.

Last year, the "basket" was a big Tonka dump truck, with books and toys in the truck bed.

We'd like to continue the tradition this year. Can you think of a toy or gift for a three-year-old that could hold other gifts?

We'd rather it not be just a toy box/bin - she has one. She also already has a toy grocery cart, a doll stroller, and a wagon, so those are out.

Thanks for your help!
Your reply to Grasshopper's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:04:46 PM PDT
Annie says:
a large floppy stuffed animal, with it's legs brought together and fastened with a rubber band, or ribbon would make a great basket/ bowl shape, you could take it a step further and theme it with " all things snuggly, and include her own blankie, soft pajamas, and a book.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:19:31 PM PDT
diasha78 says:
How about a kiddie size back pack? Or a water activity table?

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 3:35:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 11, 2012 3:36:08 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 3:35:59 PM PDT
Pheebers says:
We've often done a beach pail with a towel & shovel, etc inside -- works for a wide range of ages.

Also popular have been craft items in a compartmentalized craft container. At age 3 things like crayons/play doh/big stamps/t-shirts to decorate.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 9:32:29 PM PDT
What about a Trunki by Melissa and Doug? I used to love my suitcase to take for overnights at my aunt and uncle's house. This one is on sale right now Trunki by Melissa & Doug Sunny, Orange

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:51:23 PM PDT
T. Nguyen says:
How about the Disney Princess Multi-Bin Toy Organizer: http://www.amazon.com/dpB004XOE3RK/?tag=lotoshth-20

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 1:34:18 AM PDT
one of those playskool kitchen set ups might work. you could put toys in the cupboards, dishwasher, oven etc. or maybe a small play tent. best bet is to go walk around a toy or department store and see what's available and decide what you feel is the most age appropriate and cost effective. 3's a little young for a power wheels vehicle, but a small swingset might be another option, or an inflatable wading pool for the yard. they are usually small enough to set up indoors, and if you want to see a surprised little kid, having them wake up to an odd furniture arrangement that turns out to be a bundle of gifts is a good way to excite them. A giant stuffed animal that was either made with a large internal cavity or modified to have one is also something that would surprise and excite a 3 year old. like a life size panda or bengal tiger or something. I'm sure you could find a custom designer online to make something like that if you couldn't find one for sale or make one yourself. oh, just saw the neice part. yeah I dunno, these are things I'd do for my own kids, some of em would be pretty pricey, so dunno if any of that helped. good luck.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:27:54 AM PDT
L. Blazer says:
How about a book bag? You could embroider it (or have it embroidered) to personalize a plain canvas bag, or sew on big pockets, or buy fabric pens and stick them in with her gift and let her decorate her own book bag.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:37:45 PM PDT
abluekat says:
Your question reminded me how much more fun my cats have with the packaging (bags, boxes, wadded up paper, etc.)than anything else -- including any toys I seem to get them Help your turn the box/packaging into a fort or something similar (coloring and otherwise decorating) and spend the day playing with her in it - the memories will last a lot longer . . .

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:40:33 AM PDT
How about one of those papasan chairs made just for little people? They come in several colors to choose from and you could fill it with beanie babies or some other age apropriate stuffed toys and/or books.Molly 'Me Snuggle Chair - Fuchisa With Cover

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:28:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 4:31:34 PM PDT
Kelly Miller says:
how about a doll house? I got mine when I was three or four (and it was my very favorite toy) you could set it up ahead of time and fill it with the accessories so it's all set up and ready for her to play! Also, you could get a tiny suitcase at a craft store and then buy doll clothes for it. My mom had given me her old doll which came with a small suitcase that she had filled with clothes over the years :) It's a neat way to play "travel" and pack up your dollys to go with you!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:25:25 PM PDT
Assuming that you don't have to send the gift, perhaps a small wading pool with beach towel, swimsuit, water toys, flip flops, sun glasses, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions