Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

gift for parents 55th wedding anniversary?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 4, 2012 1:20:30 PM PDT
erfngel says:
What would be a good gift for my parents 55th wedding anniversary?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2012 8:54:07 AM PDT
QT says:
Older people always enjoy a cruise.
If all of you chip in it won't be too expensive.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 11:08:13 AM PDT
Xbox BoxX says:
Get something from this amazon list:

http://goo.gl/z4uE1

Most people of the age over 50 are not really tech savy... so giving them something from that will make you happy (since you are at their house a bunch) and them happy, since its lighter, better quality on the eyes, and is HD!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:58:09 PM PDT
GW™ says:
My mom & dad liked THIS.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 10:00:20 AM PDT
maewlaay says:
just try http://mygiftsvalentineday.com/category/gifts-for-girlfriend/
or http://mygiftsvalentineday.com/category/gifts-for-boyfriend/

:)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 11:25:19 PM PDT
S. Smith says:
I know it's nothing you can find on Amazon, but we got my parents a handmade wooden keepsake box from this craftsman we saw. His work is absolutely GORGEOUS...exotic woods fit together perfect to make simply stunning boxes. Then, we filled the box with photos, trinkets, and keepsakes from their years together.... like class rings, ticket stubs, etc. It was a hit, and now they keep their beautiful keepsake box in the living room so everyone who visits can see it and their tangible memories it holds inside. My mom always says if the house catches on fire, that's the one thing she wants to grab! The artist can be found at http://www.stevesmithboxes.com

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 8:07:06 AM PDT
Adie says:
From experience: a couple enjoyed the huge party, but were flooded with clocks, picture frames, and restaurant gift certificates - more than they could use. If the couple isn't wealthy, money is appreciated. If they are both healthy enough to travel and so inclined, I agree (as would my aunt and uncle) that pooling money for a cruise or some other nice trip would go over well.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 3:20:22 PM PDT
LauLola says:
For my grandparents on their 55th anniversary, I took all of their old photos and put them in order (Starting with childhood, their marriage, their kids, grandkids, etc...) on a DVD and set it to Josh Groban's "When You Say You Love Me" and Mariah Carey's "Hero"

It was hard work doing it myself, but it was so worth it. They adore it. You could always take them to a professional if you have the money.

They still play the DVD at every family event. I highly recommend it.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:07:26 AM PDT
Rever.. says:
There is a new website with great ideas for meaningful gifts:

www.meaningfulgiftideas.com

There is a very helpful search tool to find a gift and then they tell you where to find it. Check it out.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 8:25:46 AM PDT
D. Kaplan says:
Search "collectible stamp sheet" for a lot of ideas, pick a topic they like and you can frame it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2012 6:10:57 PM PDT
luvtocook says:
Pay for a great party at a hotel, rent a limo to drive them and invte all the closest friends and family that you can afford tdo pay for. Surprisingly, hotels like Doubletree (my experience) are totally set up for this type pf event and can cost $10-$15 per person, have non hosted open bar(PEOPLE PAY FOR ALCOHOLIC DRINKS), a nice band for a short while after lunch/dinner and someone to video the whole thing, along with interviewing all the guests with well wishes. We did this for my parents 50th and they loved all the attention and pampering with the Limo. People came from across the country!

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 6:40:34 PM PDT
Rever.. says:
This website has a specific category for Seniors, check it out:

www.meaningfulgiftideas.com

They do not sell anything, they just gather ideas and tell you where to buy it. Good luck!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions