Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Time for a Made in America search option.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 426-450 of 574 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 9, 2012 10:18:57 AM PDT
Carlos Sosa says:
Awesome idea! I'm in =]

Posted on May 9, 2012 12:51:20 PM PDT
1Goodogal says:
I would like to see "Made in America" as a search option.
Hoo Ray for the USA

Posted on May 12, 2012 8:34:59 AM PDT
Dr. B. says:
Fantastic idea! Get on it Amazon.

Posted on May 12, 2012 8:45:51 AM PDT
ModelBuilder says:
I support this, however many of the "Made in America" products I have used have been just as bad if not worse than Made in China goods. The best products I have used were made in Germany and Japan. They have an obsession for perfection.

Posted on May 20, 2012 10:55:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 21, 2012 10:08:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 8:10:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 21, 2012 8:13:20 AM PDT]

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:58:52 PM PDT
Krys says:
I think it's a great idea!

Posted on May 23, 2012 9:18:02 PM PDT
varnya says:
Yes! A made in America search option would be great. I would use it . I don't believe it would be tricky. The product would have to have been actually made here employing American citizens.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 10:11:48 PM PDT
RiVenoX says:
@Bill Goodmon: THANK YOU! I came here to say just this.

Posted on May 26, 2012 9:35:40 AM PDT
Mdntepoet says:
Amazon I will spend 10x's as much with You, if You add a "country of origin" to every product that must be filled in by the manufacturer and a 100% money back guarantee if they list it wrong.

Wallmart, target, etc loose hundreds of dollars a month from me by refusing to sell american for many products. I spend considerable time hunting them on the web. You could be my first stop for goods with that simple option.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 9:37:40 AM PDT
Mdntepoet says:
Often this is because they're trying to be "price competitive" with slave labor in china. It should be illegal to import goods manufactured using policies and conditions that would be illegal here.

If chinese goods could not be imported unless the factory met US epa requirements, their workers were paid american minimum wage, and the company paid equal to american company taxes on those wages, no goods would be built there, and quality here would return.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 11:55:53 AM PDT
You are so right. I have notice that some things are qualified in very tiny print....for example large print says "Made in America" assembled in China. I am presuming they are talking about things like the lumber that is cut and put on ships and exported where things are "made" and then sent back to us and labeled "made in America". So many countries are raping our country and our leaders have allowed it. I am so happy to hear there are so many others that want to keep our industry here going! When we buy American products, our friends and neighbors can eat for another day. Keep it up and keep it home people!!!

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:48:18 AM PDT
would be awesome! Bump. C'mon Amazon! do something for the people of the U.S. you wretched soulless bastards!

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 10:54:27 AM PDT
Cheap prices and slave labor vs. higher prices and voluntary labor; I vote "Made in America". My New Years Resolution is not to buy anything made in PRC; so far, I'm keeping this one. If only I could lose that twenty pounds and stop smoking...

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:57:33 PM PDT
Brett Taylor says:
I lol'd. So hard.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 12:24:14 AM PDT
Crabman says:

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:48:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 10:49:28 PM PDT
SAM says:
Made in America search option seems straight forward enough, but how would you define made in America? What if one component out of 100 in a product is made elsewhere is it still "made" in America? Where do you draw the line?
Your reply to SAM's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 11:55:27 AM PDT
Patty C says:
Hi You can find made in America items and made in USA forever site. Then there is a site at the bottom of the web page that has all the products with the company and you search that. aeverything I have bought is high quality.
Patty C

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 12:01:39 PM PDT
Patty C says:
Made in USA Forever web page If you dont see on the web page what you want then go to bottom of web page and it will have the words sites with all the american companies

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 12:02:50 PM PDT
Patty C says:
Made in USA forever website

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 12:06:32 PM PDT
Patty C says:
Made in USA forever websit then go down to bottom of webpage and click on sites all the american companies and products come up

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:15:42 AM PDT
fmonroy says:
Everyone should check out this new car decal I just got its really cool Cops Are Too Heavy Decal

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 1:42:06 PM PDT
G. White says:
I agree with Modelbuilder's statement that unfortunately "Made in America" is not always a moniker of quality. Why would I want to spend my good money on bad quality? The profit-greed that leads to cutting corners, reducing material and labor costs, inferior packaging, etc. is not something that I would support. Pride in production and quality, sustainable job creation by manufacturers and "reasonable" profits going back into R&D are things that I can support. Until that happens for the products I use I will continue buy the products that give me the best value for money AND are from companies that know what civil obligation means - no matter where they are located.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:23:23 PM PDT
Great idea. I can support this as long as the products aren't shotty quality.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:30:38 PM PDT
J. Smith says:
I think this would be a wonderful thing!!! A "made in America" search filter would also shed light on the millions of "american" corporations that outsource their products. It would be almost impossible to buy a DVD with this filter... I'm sure many customers have noticed .. but Warner Brothers (also HBO) for example, as well as Disney (Buena Vista) outsource all or most to Mexico. I believe these companies, especially with the additional exposure from a company like Amazon, would reconsider these practices.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  412
Total posts:  574
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 69 customers

Search Customer Discussions