Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

67 yr old mother gift ideas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 63 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 9:39:54 PM PST
Being a 61 year old Grandma, I can tell you that the most appreciated gift I received was last Christmas. One of my sons gave me a digital photo frame that has its own E-mail address, so now my children can send me pictures of my grandchildren and they show up directly on my photoframe. I LOVE IT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 9:44:27 PM PST
L. Stratton says:
right on, time is the best gift of all

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 10:23:37 PM PST
Mel says:
Make her something. Women usually love bubble bath, scented soaps, etc. My mom's the same way- not tech savvy and doesn't really have hobbies and is alone. Try a calendar...there's so many beautiful one's out there. My mom loves them and you can always use them. People, as far as the Kindles...no! She already said her mom's not tech savvy. I'm not either and I'm 36; I don't care how simple something is electronically. It only frustrates me further when I have to figure out how to use something like that, plus she'll keep having to buy new "books" for it. I, too like a book I can read it my hand (a device can't replace that).

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 5:40:18 AM PST
How about a homeless pet to love..not necessarily a puppy but perhaps an animal who has lost it's ower

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 5:40:50 AM PST
How about a homeless pet to love..not necessarily a puppy but perhaps an animal who has lost it's ower

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 5:41:15 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 10:14:17 AM PST
D. Barker says:
Spa gift certificate. Spa finder is great as you pay 79.00 for a 100.00 certificate that can be used by the local community. Buy American works with this one. A kindle is great too if she reads. Love mine and I am 67. Then you can give Kindle gift certs for reading, though I use the library now mostly but would love gift certs for kindle books. We live in Michigan and local businesses need help. Take your mom out to lunch just you and her. One on one is the best, esp now, believe me.:)

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 10:26:26 AM PST
I'm a 68-year-old mom and would love a kindle (after not wanting one for a while). Also, gift certs. for the spa--a massage, etc., for the arthritic joints would be heaven!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 10:34:04 AM PST
D. Barker says:
If they would only ask us what we would like, right?? Merry Christmas

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 11:45:01 AM PST
Lady Iris says:
If she's a mom and grandmom, nice picture frames would be a nice gift.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 11:47:17 AM PST
Lady Iris says:
If she's a mom and grandmom, I would think she has lots of pictures so really nice picture frames might be nice. Also, does she have a camera? Any interest there? Maybe a new hobby....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 1:05:05 PM PST
D. Barker says:
Hobby idea is good. Picture frames are a dime a dozen at garage sales and thrift shops, though. Still on the pampering trail here. Please no pets. They are work, no matter how much you love them. And you are tied to your home. I live in FL and see so many elderly trying to care for themselves and their dear pets. Friend a neighbor who has one and 'pet sit' works for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 1:06:06 PM PST
D. Barker says:
That is a fantastic gift. I have not seen one of those.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 1:09:36 PM PST
I'm 65, tech savvy, no longer married, don't cook/bake extensively anymore, travel whenever I get a chance, BUT I share this with your mom: age(!) and I too have a wonderful family. My suggestion: photo albums with photos of you and your family in them. Leave lots of space! At your mom's age, I bet she will have many to contribute. Better yet, spend some time with your mom going over old family photos, identifying the people in them. I treasure the time spent my children and grandchildren.

Best Christmas gift: My daughter and I met at a BareEssentials store after a serious day of shopping, had our personal colors chosen for us and bought starter kits (after our makeovers, of course). Neither of us wears much makeup, but both of us work outside the home, and realized we needed some real help. =D I have her starter kit and she has mine. We'll open them on Christmas day and the real makeover(s) will begin. Our day went from stressful to relaxing in one hour!

Love Dawn Marie's idea!

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 1:14:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 17, 2011 1:17:01 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 1:52:55 PM PST
Paula White says:
Send Food

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 2:22:20 PM PST
under books, there is an antique Sunset cookbook that is fabulous called Easy Basics for Good Cooking, I am 67, I have this and it's my 'bible'.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 2:23:53 PM PST
Don't give a non tech person a Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 2:30:03 PM PST
Virginia says:
A vacation alone

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 4:43:40 PM PST
Barb Rogers says:
build a digital photo library hook it up from the digital frame so taht it will display on her full size tv and give her living memories-she'll love it, my Mom did and it prompts 'stories' when people visit and help grandchildren learn of their ancestry.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 5:30:40 PM PST
Get her a digital pic frame. Down load pics from way back and current. Make sure it is a plug and play version, nothing fancy. When her friends come over she will have a wonderful time telling about each pic. Make a lot of them snap shots, so she will have stories to tell to go with them. My mom loves hers!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 6:16:42 PM PST
Yes I am 71 and have had a Kindle for a couple of years and love it. I got a new Kindle Fire but if she would just want to read the cheaper Kindles are good!!!Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
P.S. don't forget to get a cover and a charger for the car. The home charger will be with the Kindle.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:39:50 PM PST
bellebeaker says:
How about scanning old photographs and making a photo book on line? You can make multiple copies for other members of the family. Do this with your mother - she may be the only one who remembers who "those people" are; family histories often disappear as the older members die. I made a book of my father's slides; he was a gifted amateur photographer and I wouldn't have looked at these without such a project. I'm also slowly scanning family photos for my kids and grandkids. I'm 69 and on my second photo scanner. Viva technology (or some of it.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 6:58:37 PM PST
D. Barker says:
This is absolutely the most interesting post I have ever read. As another 67 year-old, I have learned so much today from all of the posters. Love the idea of the wi-fi digital frame. That is definitely on my wish list for mother's day or b'day. And then the idea of scanning pics ( we have tons of slides to scan) and putting them in the online photo books - another great idea. I just did my first upload, calendar via snapfish. Their books are easy to make too, I hear. Therefore I will be loading the scanned pics there and making books of the 'old' folks.
Thank you all, ladies. Wonderful discussion

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2011 7:00:11 PM PST
D. Barker says:
You do not have to be a techno geek to use one..... just find a friend who is:) I have just helped a friend with her nook that she has had for a year and never used. Friends are out there to help. Do not be afraid - can't break it by pushing buttons. :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2011
Latest post:  14 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions