Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Wedding gift for my soon-to-be husband

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 103 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 16, 2011 9:41:37 AM PDT
MsLib says:
If his parents are still living, ask them for ideas about things, activities or places that he loved as a child. Ask his family members for clippings, mementos and photos (that you can copy) of his childhood and family life, then combine them with similar things from your own childhood into a good quality album. After you have documented the past, leave a section empty for the future, your wedding and honeymoon photos, one of your wedding invitations, your children etc. The album will show how the two families have become one larger family. Even better, consult a professional genealogist and have him or her research his and your family trees.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:20:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2011 10:25:01 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:29:24 AM PDT
We have been married 25 years, and have 25 to go. I just bought him a wedding ring from James Avery, and I am going to get it engraved.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 10:51:37 AM PDT
Glad my hubby to be has a different last name.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 12:18:52 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
Your suggestions bring a smile to my face. Very thoughtful and heartwarming, thank you for sharing them!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 7:03:01 PM PDT
Or a watch with a picture of a skeleton, because that's awesome :-D

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 7:04:22 PM PDT
Maybe a pinky ring is a gift from the heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 8:44:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2011 8:45:18 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 4:42:19 PM PDT
Sl Judge says:
I have to agree with Nina! "It's romantic to have a peaceful marriage". Very true. I have done that "wedding day" thing twice. I have to admit, the 2nd time around was a charm. Incredibly peaceful. We didn't overthink a single thing. We wanted fun and fun we had. We wanted those around us relaxed and they were. Now I'm not sure how old you are or if this is your first marriage or not...hopefully it will be your one and only. I had my son who was the ring bearer, bring us bride and groom baseball caps! It made for a really cute picture and it lightened everyone up. I love the ideas some have shared with you! Let us know what you decide! I would have done the watch, but my husband won't wear one.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 7:55:15 AM PDT
WeAreBaked says:
buy yourself a kegels books :P

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2011 7:20:08 PM PDT
Lisa Shorey says:
A watch with your wedding date or just both of your names and the wedding date. Especially if you find one that is a lifetime watch, shows a lifetime commitment. The new eliptical watch that winds with motion, available at Macy's is a wonderful gift for a husband to be. Congrats!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 9:04:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2011 9:14:46 AM PDT
Roni B says:
Create something from the heart. Its a priceless time piece. Like a scrapbook from the first day you met till now, a nice watch with something engraved on the back. a special poem written from the heart, framed and wrapped in a gift box. Something that was your fathers, or grandfathers like a piece of jewelry. The week before the wedding form a heart with candles in the backyard, or at the beach, and make it a romantic night with wine and dinner. Take him on a hotair balloon ride, and tell him how much it means to you that your starting a new chapter in your lives together. Make it original and memorable. =-)******CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS~!

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 10:45:25 PM PDT
A. Jones says:
watch, and not some chinsy Swatch Watch, Movado, Rolex (Air King, most choice indeed). Can not go wrong with a nice classic watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 5:47:04 PM PDT
How about something you can personalize with a message, quote, dates, and such. I got a message gift bat from giveabat.com for my fiance for his birthday with his favorite quote engraved on it and he loves it. He sets it on the bookshelf in our home office and his friends always comments on his bat whenever they come to visit.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:32:11 AM PST
R. D. S. says:
My wife found me some cool cufflinks on etsy from this site: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83354128/choose-your-initials-kapunk-custom

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:33:33 AM PST
R. D. S. says:
try some cool customized cufflinks with his initials from www.kapunk.etsy.com . My husband loves his!

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 9:30:07 PM PST
Myodo says:
cock ring.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 10:17:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2011 10:19:14 PM PST
When is the wedding? Who is having discussions on my (Karen Shelton's) account? Who is getting married? And who is that person getting married to? This is Karen Shelton's Amazon account. I don't have Amazon discussions about ANYTHING. Karen Shelton (Me) is married to Bill Shelton. We have been married for 27 years. We have grown children in college. There is no other family. Who are you people posting on my Amazon account???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 10:20:33 PM PST
I would appreciate you people not having discussions on my account!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 10:21:23 PM PST
My husband has a million cufflinks. Now STOP!!!

Posted on May 25, 2012 11:35:42 AM PDT
I am trying to come up with an idea for my soon to be husband on our wedding day. I want to create a fun basket of items for him with a poem or story and have it relate to the items in the basket. An example would be, as we walk through this journey of life and I will place a pair of flip flops in the basket. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding a cute story somewhere out there. I have searched online and cannot seem to find anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2012 2:37:55 PM PDT
Big Mart says:
My suggestion would be for a beautiful set of cufflinks.

THousands to choose from on Amazon - the best store I have found is 'Cufflinks Warehouse'

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 9:43:30 AM PDT
Judy Miller says:
how about a nice keepsake book about the year you first met. www.whenwefirstmet.com. there is also a fun game in the back to play.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 11:51:01 AM PDT
Tie clip. Stainless Steel Carbon Fiber Diamond Accent Tie Bar If you want, add some matching cuff links. :)

Not his style? Pizza, Beer, Football, mouth shut, serve, refill. :)

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:30:48 PM PDT
Have you had a look at http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Phatstak&_sacat=0&_odkw=scrapbook+album+a3&_osacat=0
They even personalise it for you. It stores loads of things stuff,cards, pictures loads they don't cost the earth either.
Phatstak on eBay they are really good
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions