Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Why Amazon Prime sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 307 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 21, 2011 3:36:10 AM PST
let it go says:
I Love Amazon Prime! Best thing ever! I probably spend the whole yearly fee in a month.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 11:29:28 AM PST
fickledee says:
Well while I like the value, you have to take the two day delivery with a grain of salt. Sometimes yes, sometime no. I have even paid extra for one day and had it show up three days later (and as others have pointed out, no credit). I just orders a BOOK on the 21st of December, it said it was shipped but today there is another order number and it is not going to get here until the 27th. It sat all day yesterday the 22nd at the Amazon warehouse. It actually went out today the 23rd. So much for it being a Christmas present. I wouldn't have ordered it if it didn't tell me I could have it in time for Christmas. This is not the first time orders have been late since joining the "service" and I do get the service reps "apology". That and $1.79 will get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Today I am not happy but I am sure I will get over it ... or tell everyone what a hit or miss thing the two day delivery really is.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 2:18:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 6:41:49 PM PST
Robert B. says:
everyone understand that the countdown on two-day, one-day, next-day delivery service, etc. starts when the item is actually "shipped", not when you click submit on your order. Shippers also specify that's "business days" since UPS and Fedex don't deliver on Saturdays unless you pay extra for it, and neither of them deliver on Sundays.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 6:15:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 23, 2011 6:24:40 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 6:37:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 6:38:30 PM PST
Randall says:
Sorry you are not providing accurate information. Amazon clearly tells you the day of the week and the date you "will" receive the item the moment you are looking at it and when you add it to your cart and throughout the checkout process. That's the misleading part is you think ok if I pay $3.99 it clearly says I will receive it Tuesday (assuming its Monday for the same out this discussion) and 90 percent of the time you don't get it the next day. what's worse is if your a Prime customer you are not entitled to a refund

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 6:53:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 7:07:09 PM PST
Robert B. says:
Sorry, the "information I provided" is accurate. I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear though. Business days in transit is how shipping companies work. There is a cutoff time for when items are picked up and moved by UPS or Fedex. You can't order something at 11:30pm on Monday night and expect it to arrive at your door the next day. One day shipping advertised on the product page is "one business day in transit". Usually the cutoff time for one day service is 5pm. Order by 5pm on Monday with one day shipping, it's shipped and picked up by UPS that night (or the next morning), spends Tuesday en route, and finally will be delivered Wednesday. The order details page (visible after checkout) tells you "estimated arrival time" not an exact date quote. The shipper is the one that schedules deliveries, Amazon can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 6:54:37 PM PST
Deanna Hart says:
Regarding last sentence: (the word dribble) Do you mean "drivel?" --- Well, you are right, I guess. I looked it up, and they mean the same thing. Go figure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 7:49:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 8:15:33 PM PST
Randall says:
why don't you do what I just did again, which is go through the checkout process and you will see the information I provided is 100% accurate.

Amazon tells you order in x hours and receive it on y day, not order in x hours and get it y days after we ship it. The fact is Amazon gives you a DAY and DATE of when you will receive it if you order it in X hours. The fact is seldom is this accurate. The fact also is that as a Amazon Prime member if they miss the date and you receive it late you are NOT entitled to a refund on Next Day Air shipping (therefore penalized for being a Prime member). These are the facts, they are undisputed.

I agree you can't order something monday night at 11:49 pm an expect to get it tuesday morning, HOWEVER amazon clearly states you will get it Tuesday for $3.99 as a prime member (in our example). Don't take my word for it, go try it out and see for yourself. Granted Christmas and weekend in the mix is a bad example so go try it on Monday. We order about $65,000 a year on Amazon, I am speaking from experience, research, emails and phone calls to Amazon and would provide screen shots if the site would allow attachments =o)

I believe what should happen is the programmers should realize a cutoff time and then update the site to say, well if you order it by lets say 10am today (Monday) you will get it Tuesday, or well its 4pm Monday you have missed the cutoff to get it tuesday even with $3.99 next day shipping but you will get it Wednesday. This would save them a lot of embarrassment and more than likely eliminate the need for why Prime sucks forum in my option.

Here is a cut and paste for example for a real order:
Choose your shipping speed:

FREE Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping --get it Wednesday, December 28
$3.99/item One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

See where it says get it FREE Two-Day Shipping --get it Wednesday, December 28
Note the actual date - Wednesday, December 28

Now will I we get it by Wednesday, December 28, unlikely. It doesn't say I will get it X days from when they ship, it says the actual date.

Now lets move to an example of a NDA order:

GP Copy & Print Paper, 8.5 x 11 Inches Letter Size, 92 Bright White, 20 Lb, Ream of 500 Sheets (998067R) by Georgia-Pacific
Buy new: $6.99 $3.72
3 new from $2.99
Get it by Tuesday, Dec 27 if you order in the next 11 hours and choose one-day shipping

Now, if I pay the $3.99 they are stating we will get it Tuesday, not 1 day from when shipped, but Tuesday. So if they miss the ship date? Tough luck. Will they miss it? More than likely...

So now lets say they miss it, what is my recourse?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3510241

Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery Fine Print

Does not apply to purchases made under our Prime shipping membership program.

So, if I order this for $3.99 and they miss the shipment promise of Tuesday I get zilch back for expedited shipping cost. Why? Because I Paid them $70 a year to be a Prime Member.... uhhhhh ok... so I get penalized for paying $70 a year to be a "member". Ok, wow...

So, before you write back as a flame read my original post, look at the facts and dont' fire back with opinions or objections to the facts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 9:05:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 9:22:34 PM PST
Robert B. says:
I'm sorry, have I wronged you in some way? I know It's hard to hear someone tell you something other than what you think is right, and you're obviously very passionate about this but just bear with me here...

Here's what you wrote about your first example--

<<See where it says get it FREE Two-Day Shipping --get it Wednesday, December 28. Note the actual date - Wednesday, December 28>>

If you order that item tonight, or any part of the weekend, the first business day it will begin to move is Monday. There's the one day in transit. Tuesday is its second day, and finally delivery is Wednesday. Two day shipping means "two business days in transit". These are the shipping times it takes once a shipping company has possession of the item.

Now let's look at the next example.

<<GP Copy & Print Paper, 8.5 x 11 Inches Letter Size, 92 Bright White, 20 Lb, Ream of 500 Sheets (998067R) by Georgia-Pacific
Buy new: $6.99 $3.72
3 new from $2.99
Get it by Tuesday, Dec 27 if you order in the next 11 hours and choose one-day shipping

Now, if I pay the $3.99 they are stating we will get it Tuesday, not 1 day from when shipped, but Tuesday. >>

They are saying that if you order it by noon tomorrow then it will be given to UPS on Saturday. Once accepted, it will sit the rest of the weekend and will not move until the first business day which is Monday. It will move all day Monday and be delivered on Tuesday. One business day in transit.

That's how shipping works. If Amazon misses getting it promptly shipped for a million different reasons obviously that throws it all off unfortunately. The fact remains though, that "one day shipping" means one day in transit and free prime shipping means two days in transit. If you pay extra for one day shipping, it will take one day in transit from when it ships. You got the service you were charged for.

Those are the facts of how shipping works. I've been irritated because it took longer than I would have liked for my order to ship but the actual shipping time you get is exactly the shipping time you pay for. Amazon possibly shouldn't have those time estimates on products, I don't know. Maybe they should hire more people in the warehouse to get all the orders out, who knows. It is what it is.

Now go have a merry Christmas

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 9:29:35 PM PST
Randall says:
Hahaha, thanks for the verbal spar, however the keyword here is "get it" not ships on our ships by ;)

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 10:11:06 PM PST
R. Stonewall says:
I never even considered buying amazon prime in the past, but I got it free this year with my amazon student account. I do most of my shopping on-line now instead of wasting time running between stores for all the things I need. I actually ordered my Queen size memory foam mattress and the solid wood bed frame using Prime. Can you imagine what the shipping would have been!! And I got it in two days to boot! Plus the Prime comes with other features besides the free shipping...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011 10:54:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2011 11:02:17 PM PST
Robert B. says:
I don't know what to tell you. Shipping time is calculated by when the shipper takes possession of the package, that's just the way the world works. You still are getting exactly the shipping service that you are being charged for. Again, those are the facts. If you have expectations for Amazon's performance that you feel they are not fulfilling, drop the Prime service. Simple fix. On the other hand many, many people do see value in the service's shipping, and even streaming movie benefits.

enjoy your Christmas

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2011 12:13:16 AM PST
Randall says:
I understand the concept of on time delivery and that needs to be factored in the web based "Get it by" date that Amazon prominently displays on their web page. Its misleading, inaccurate and somewhat deceptive. People need to be educated/warned (as in this forum) that just because Amazons says "Get it by Tuesday" this does not mean you will necessary get it by Tuesday. It's more of a best effort service and should be advertised and sold that way, not in a misleading manner with a disclaimer saying quite literally "The fine Print" Prime members are not entitled to a refund. So Amazon is saying in effect, "Woops if we cant' get it to you when we say you should receive it sorry.. oh an no refunds... sorry again. Any other carrier has to refund your shipment if they don't make the "Get it by" date, Amazon seems to be "exempt" from this because you are a "member" of a club and not entitled to a refund as a member?!?
So in your own words Amazon needs to re-word their site to say Order today by x and you will receive it y days from when the shipper take possession? Now who in their right mind is going to order a package from Amazon with this mysterious handling time from order to shipper (amount of time unknown) before you can get a ship date in which someone can be held accountable to fulfill?
No, I think in this case Amazon needs to step up and take the approach of refunds are allowed on missed "Get it by" dates, or change the wording to be some elusive vague "We will try and ship it to you in x days; but if you pay $3.99 we will try and ship it quicker, no guarantee on when you will receive it (as you said depends on when the shipper get is and if you paid to have it expedited by the shipper) as clearly you are not paying to have Amazon expedite the package to the shipper.
The whole thread (which I started long ago) was based on and is still based on the fact Amazon gives you a clear date in which you can expect to have the package in your hands, hence the words "Get it by" absolutely implies you will receive this package by, no our shipper will receive it by and then ship it to you, or you will receive it X days from when the shipper gets the package. Get by definition means "to receive or come to have possession" and possession means actual holding of, to have in ones control. Therefore technically, by legal definition, they are making a claim that they are not fulfilling and breaking a contract with the buyer. The buyer could in turn demand a refund stating that Amazon has violated the terms of the contract.
Now, most people don't care if $3.99 gets them the package on Tuesday, or Wednesday for that matter and most of the time we don't care either. When it becomes a pain is when you need something for a customer and its 1pm Tuesday and you really need it Wednesday and you look online and the Amazon web site says order in the next 16 hours and receive it by Wednesday. Note it doesn't say order it in the next 16 hours and we will send it to the shipper. So based on these key words "Order By" and "Get it by" you are entering into a contract with Amazon. If you violate the contract (don't pay) they don't ship. If they violate the contract (and take a week to get it to you) the contract has been broke yet your recourse is nothing? I'm quite surprised in light of all the class action law suits someone hasn't banded together and filed one for all the missing refunds Amazon owes on expedited shipping in which Amazon has promised one date, taken money for this expedited shipping, didn't delivery and then refused to refund the monies paid. So why doesn't Amazon just promise everything is next day air for $3.99 and ship it whatever means they want, whenever they want? In affect they are doing that just not a large majority of the time. We have learned over the years that typically next day air is about 75% reliable if you order before noon. IF you order after noon EST your chances of getting the package the next day as Amazon states in writing is slim to none.

Now, having said all that, yes $3.99 shipping on a package that you receive next day 50% of the time is still a great deal. And as others have said there are other benefits to being a prime member. What people needed to be warned about is
1) Prime members are entitled to ZERO refunds on missed Get it by dates.
2) Get it by dates are a guestimate and seldom accurate.
3) Prime shipping items are 95% of the time more expensive than non-prime items
I hope that clears this up, I am finished with my novel now and going to bed!

Merry Christmas!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2011 12:58:17 AM PST
I am a handicapped small business owner. When I need something - especially boxes of paper, both legal and letter, Prime is the way to go. Delivered to my door and Spencer, (the UPS guy) puts it wherever I want it. I typically get it next day.

Now I have ordered Kindle and have tons of free books. I use kindle prime as a supplement to my Netfix account.

I did all my Christmas shopping through Amazon. No hiccups, no burps. What more can you want. Had them gift wrap the presents for the Mrs. No muss, no fuss.

RDC

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 6:42:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 8:37:56 PM PST
JayDee says:
While you two guys argue it out of what shipping means and doesn't mean, let me put my two cents in here. I have had PRIME since it was first offered. It pays for itself every year, so that's why I keep renewing it. I can't get out shopping easily, so I do a tremendous amount of shopping online- the main place being Amazon.

I don't think I have EVER missed getting an item when Amazon says I will get it. I am not speaking of items ordered from third parties, through Amazon. I am speaking only of Amazon orders. The difference is easy to tell, since third party items do not qualify for "Prime" service - the "2 day FREE shipping" - which PRIME means.

On the order page, where it tells me what day and date the items will be delivered is the exact day I get them. ALWAYS. Amazon has never been misleading, never misled me by saying an item would be delivered on a certain date then delivered it later instead. It just doesn't happen! So why am I so lucky while that guy who does so much complaining is so unlucky? Maybe that person is like Joe Bfstplk, a character in the Lil Abner cartoons who always has a black cloud above his head, and the worst luck of anyone. LOL (that is meant to be a joke and not meant to be criticism, so I hope you will take it that way)

Anyway, Amazon ships to me exactly when they tell me they will, so what do I have to complain about? I believe the vast majority have the same experience I do with receiving our orders. Maybe almost 100 percent in fact.

I think these next two paragraphs gives some good information: If I didn't get my items on the DAY it says I will, I would be calling Amazon to find out why - especially after the first few times. Do any of you who say your items are always later than the stated date call? Every single time, NOT just now and then? If not, maybe you should so you AND Amazon AND the carrier can all check to see when the order was actually delivered.

Without such a record - such as phone calls for example, you can't prove anything, so it would be to your advantage to keep track. If not by phone, just keep an accurate list of every single order, when you were told you would get it, and when you actually got it. Amazon knows exactly when it was delivered at the door so there is no mistake made on their end. The delivery time is information sent to them by the carrier, so if you are thinking that Amazon would not tell the truth about it, you are wrong. When I trace a package after it has been delivered (just to see when it was delivered if I was out for a long time or overnight) it always says something like "left at front door Tuesday Nov 6" or whatever the date is. That information comes from the carrier who turned it into Amazon. So you can see that Amazon has two records. You add yours to theirs and they can investigate. But if you just complain instead of try to prove they are late so often, nothing can be done.

But the point remains that after at least 7 years, if not more of buying Prime, all items were delivered when Amazon said they would be. Wouldn't you think they would have been wrong at least ONCE, of the order not being delivered when they say it will be? How many others here have complained that their deliveries were late, as you say yours are? I have not read back though most of the notes, so I don't know what percent are saying they don't get their items when Amazon says they will. But of the notes I have read, I haven't been reading that sort of complaint often at all.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 7:00:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 7:44:45 PM PST
JayDee says:
I went back and tried to read the notes from Robert B and Randall Mason. BELOW MY NOTE are 2 excerpts from Mason's last note. I am replying to that part of it because it talks about what I am referring to in this note - expedited shipping - and then the regular shipping concept which he seems to think is a sham from the language he used in describing his opinion of Amazon's shipping policy.

I've needed something the next day now and then, so I've paid the extra $3.99. My last order like that was just last week in fact. I get such orders the NEXT DAY every single time I pay extra for it be delivered next day. It sounds as if another person (called ANON) has the same experience- his note is in this same group, not far from mine. Read it and see what he said.

No ridiculous explanations of 'enroute time or shipping time' or all that stuff that means nothing - and which you two guys have been talking about so much. There is no truth at all to shipping time and when it gets to the company shipping it, etc- and on and on.

If I ordered something on Tuesday and wanted it the next day AND paid the extra to get it next day - I GOT IT the next day- always. If I didn't pay extra, then I got it in two days- unless it was a weekend. But surely everyone knows weekends are not a part of free shipping in two days or expedited shipping in one day. I really believe other people have the same experience I do, except perhaps A VERY FEW people do have a different experience - for some reason that I can't guess at.

Your mention of a class action lawsuit is so silly that I don't think many people will take you seriously. What would we be suing for, since we get our orders when Amazon says we will get them? I think the first thing too many people think is "Let's sue them!!!" Luckily the courts throw out frivolous suits- and this one would certainly be frivolous!
Here is the excerpts where I got the info I am replying to:
1. "Now, most people don't care if $3.99 gets them the package on Tuesday, or Wednesday for that matter and most of the time we don't care either. When it becomes a pain is when you need something for a customer and its 1pm Tuesday and you really need it Wednesday and you look online and the Amazon web site says order in the next 16 hours and receive it by Wednesday. Note it doesn't say order it in the next 16 hours and we will send it to the shipper. So based on these key words "Order By" and "Get it by" you are entering into a contract with Amazon. If you violate the contract (don't pay) they don't ship. If they violate the contract (and take a week to get it to you) the contract has been broke yet your recourse is nothing? I'm quite surprised in light of all the class action law suits someone hasn't banded together and filed one for all the missing refunds Amazon owes on expedited shipping..."

2. "I understand the concept of on time delivery and that needs to be factored in the web based "Get it by" date that Amazon prominently displays on their web page. Its misleading, inaccurate and somewhat deceptive. People need to be educated/warned (as in this forum) that just because Amazons says "Get it by Tuesday" this does not mean you will necessary get it by Tuesday. It's more of a best effort service and should be advertised and sold that way, not in a misleading manner..."
In my opinion, his notes are full of misinformation. In the 2nd excerpt, he says this "People need to be educated/warned (as in this forum)..."

If we need to be warned or educated (and how many of us are not intelligent enough to think for ourselves?) I think we should look elsewhere, and not from such notes as that.

AmazonFan-

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 10:32:52 AM PST
Randall says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:49:35 AM PST
J. Centers says:
I have really enjoyed Prime this Christmas. You cannot beat it for gifts!
You can order something for $10 or less, get it in 2 days, sometimes by FexEx or UPS.
How cool is that? I ordered items last minute, just because I could.
I will gladly pay my $79. My son also uses it. :) Thank you, Amazon!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 10:55:42 AM PST
J. Centers says:
I so agree with you. I have no complaints about my Prime.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:58:03 AM PST
Araminta says:
I order so many thing from amazon that prime has paid for itself many times over. My items always arrive by the specified date but even if they did not, I would still be grateful for the free shipping and consider it worth the wait. I don't order things that I need pronto anyhow. The free shipping to me is the real draw, the speedy arrival is just a great bonus!

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 2:41:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 2:45:52 PM PST
Captain Solo says:
Amazon Prime is a great service and definitely pays for itself with only a few orders. If you don't like it, cancel. Some of those posting on here complaining about it probably aren't ever satisfied no matter what, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, the guy up there that talked about shipping times is correct though. If AmazonFan or the other guy don't think so, all they have to do is call UPS or Fedex and ask them what two-day or next-day service is, or look at one of the shipping time-enroute maps/schedules posted on either company's website.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 3:25:39 PM PST
Randall says:
I went back and researched our records, in December alone we ordered 33 packages with Amazon Prime Nest Day Air Service, 25 made it on time, 8 did not. We got ZERO reimbursement from Amazon. None of these we the shippers delays but instead a Amazon programming error for lack of better words. For example we ordered a screen for an Ipod, it stated you have 15 hours 23 minutes left to place this order and receive it by December 20th for $3.99 when did we get it? December 21st. We checked UPS they picked it up on the 20th, we got it one day after that. So why did Amazon say you have 15+ hours in which to place this order to "Get it by" the 20th when they didn't ship it until the 20th? The whole point is there little "get it by" banner is seldom accurate. Perhaps if it says you have 23 hours left to place this order to "Get it" by a certain date (next day) they may.. may ship it out on time. Wait however until that counter says you have 3 hours left to "get it by" (the next day) and I'll bet you all the tea in China you don't get it the next day. I don't know of anyone shipping out at midnight letting you get a package at 10am, nor do I expect it for $3.99 What I am saying is take that that stupid "Order within X hours and get it by Y date) as I can surely prove thats wrong more than right.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 5:45:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012 6:38:20 PM PST
JayDee says:
I agree with the person who says if you are not happy with Prime, then cancel it. Apparently it is not something that works for you - especially since you keep givng the same stats over and over, while knowing there is nobody here who can help you solve your problems. I do have another bit of advice, which was in one of my other notes as well. Keep a record of your deliveries and have them handy to talk over with Amazon instead of a customer forum board such as this one. As you must be able to see, there are so few here who have any complaints about Prime, so if they were having the problems you say you have, wouldn't a great many people be affected? Why do you suppose that isn't happening?

If you want to keep on about your stats and how that affects a two day delivery, have at it. I suppose you could claim anything you want, but that doesn't make it so, and it certainly isn't helping you solve your problem. If you are trying to get a lot of people to complain about Amazon and Prime, it doesn't seem to be working, does it? I got in on this thread late so I don't know how many have already done as I am going to do now- just ignore notes like yours. I really do hope you get your problem solved, but it won't happen unless you follow though and get with Amazon and the carriers to compare order times and delivery times. I wonder if you'll do that? Or do you prefer to keep on blasting a company, on a site where none of their employees are reading your notes? I think you are nitpicking and that most times your criticisms make no rational case at all.

EDIT: I want to make it clearer than putting days or dates - which seem to be mixing up Mr Mason, or perhaps he isn't reading the other notes anyway- maybe just looking for some parts to criticize the writer for saying. Otherwise he would have seen my advice in my first note, instead of telling me that I should contribute something useful. So I'll put HOURS instead. When I place an order and it qualifies for a two day free delivery, I get that order in a 48 hour time span. Does that make it more understandable? If I could attach a file I would let you see some of my orders of when I placed them, was told they would be delivered two days later (within 48 hours as I just stated above) and they were at my door on or before 48 hours had passed. Not bad, huh? By tracing the package, I can see what time it was put on the truck - it will says "out for delivery" and states the time. So if my USP guy came by in the AM instead of PM, I'd get my orders even earlier than I do!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 10:13:52 PM PST
Randall says:
This should at least offer some humorous entertainment for those following this thread... Gauntlet picked up; There are so many ways to run with this I am not even sure how to begin =o)
Let's start by the title of this forum, "Why Amazon Prime Sucks". Perhaps, just perhaps, we can make an assumption here that everyone in the world does not agree that Amazon Prime is the Holy Grail, or we would not be sitting here in this appropriately name forum having this discussion, agreed? Good... Now lets move on and get to some humorous epiphanies.

Lets look at some of your recent threads/replies.

"If you want to keep on about your stats and how that affects a two day delivery, have at it. "
Why do you think this forum exists? Perhaps a medium to offer criticism that will allow Amazon a chance to hear the scoop on the streets, a voice from the front line troops, the end users, or do you think it's a rogue smear Amazon campaign that is moderated by Amazon as a publicity stunt? Really, now sit there for just a second and think about it... good. Now so we can conclude that this forum (no matter how much it bothers you) allows customer a method/channel in which to provide feedback, in this case negative feedback (or we would be sitting here in the "Why Amazon ROCKS" forum. The fact of the matter is we appreciate the service, the people, the process and even this medium. What we want however is to point out the flaws, tweak the service, improve the process. We refuse to let someone like you to run us off. The point of my initial thread (go read it from beginning to end) was to say ONE DAY shipping is no guaranteed, is NOT refundable and is seldom received (in our case) the day after we order it. This is not conjecture my friend, its fact, it provable, you can't dispute it (unless ignorance rules the day for surely you can call a Rose an Apple all day long, but at the end of the day its still a Rose). I am elated that you receive your packages the very next day you click the order button. That however is not ALWAYS the case. We find it is SELDOM the case. You can huff and puff but that is fact, period.

"I suppose you could claim anything you want, but that doesn't make it so, and it certainly isn't helping you solve your problem."
This was my favorite sentence in your thread. How ignorant does someone have to be to call someone a liar in a public forum? I say lets make a public wager here so to speak. If I can prove (with accurate irrefutable evidence) what I say is true will you do us all a favor a agree to delete your account and forever remain silent? I'll of course be bound to the same rules? Yeah, I'm calling you out... put up or shut up.

"If you are trying to get a lot of people to complain about Amazon and Prime, it doesn't seem to be working, does it?"
I will ignore this as an ignorant statement. I didn't create forum. You look like a complete fool when you make statements like this. Take 15 minutes hit the back button a few times and read the entire thread from beginning to end, you know so you can educate yourself some man.... Come on, I'm trying to help you hear, work with me.. you are a public relations nightmare!

"I got in on this thread late so I don't know how many have already done as I am going to do now- just ignore notes like yours."
Another great statement from you.. Please do ignore this thread, you are chaos in the making, mudding the waters in what was a productive means in which to educate others (including Amazon) of the issues that exist.

"I really do hope you get your problem solved, but it won't happen unless you follow though and get with Amazon and the carriers to compare order times and delivery times. I wonder if you'll do that?"
Why absolutely, we have done this on numerous occasions, sometimes we get an agent that says "Sorry sir, we don't offer refunds to prime members on next day shipping", sometimes we get a refund, its hit or miss. The point is not about refunds its about educating Amazon and warning others that the "Get it By" date is not accurate, that ordering Next Day Air is a risk and you may or may not get it on time and if you don't you may (or may not) get a refund from Amazon. I can call every time it happens but until the masses start complaining Amazon will go on processing some refunds allowing the general population to roll the dice. The customers need to be educated that this is a coin toss, a gamble with risk, that you can safely ignore the "Get it by" date as its purely speculative.

"EDIT: I want to make it clearer than putting days or dates - which seem to be mixing up Mr Mason, or perhaps he isn't reading the other notes anyway- maybe just looking for some parts to criticize the writer for saying. Otherwise he would have seen my advice in my first note, instead of telling me that I should contribute something useful. So I'll put HOURS instead. When I place an order and it qualifies for a two day free delivery, I get that order in a 48 hour time span. Does that make it more understandable? If I could attach a file I would let you see some of my orders of when I placed them, was told they would be delivered two days later (within 48 hours as I just stated above) and they were at my door on or before 48 hours had passed. Not bad, huh? By tracing the package, I can see what time it was put on the truck - it will says "out for delivery" and states the time. So if my USP guy came by in the AM instead of PM, I'd get my orders even earlier than I do!"
Again I am glad your two day process is working. I (we) were not discussing 2 day service but instead the Next Day $3.99 service (again go READ the thread in its entirety). Most of the time the 2 day service works for us as well, its not the focus of the thread we had going.

In closing I hope that I (and others) will not have to hear from your misguided accusation messages, your ill will is not welcome here. We are trying to maintain some sense of civility and I think you are off base jumping into a thread half way through and interjecting your opinions not facts. Please don't bother to reply.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:48:37 PM PST
wausroamer says:
I remember a few years ago a friend said that she had Amazon Prime. I wondered to myself, "Why in the world would anybody do that?"

After having it for a year now, I understand why. It's awesome! The amount I've saved on shipping is amazing.

Also, four of my family members have been able to save on their shipping costs using my membership.

When I have access to DSL, the free movies and TV shows are an added bonus.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  206
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2011
Latest post:  10 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions