Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Gift Ideas for a 20 year old boyfriend?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 10:39:59 AM PDT
A. Campeau says:
My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and his birthday is coming up and I am drawing a blank on what to get him. Please help, just brainstorming here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 10:53:39 AM PDT
What's he into?

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 11:17:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 11:19:53 AM PDT
not to be crude, but there's only one thing any boy age 16-100 wants for his birthday. unless of course you're not at that stage in your relationship, in which case, i'd go with a gift certificate to a store you know he frequents.

crude/funny aside, i've always preferred gift card/certificates to stores way more than any other type of material gift. the only person that REALLY knows what they want for their birthday is the person whose birthday it is. unless he/she spells it out for you on paper, don't think/assume you ('ll ever) know better.

my personal favorite would be a gift card to ebay or paypal :) (not really sure if they sell those though) with amazon.com a close second.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 11:50:24 AM PDT
Not all boys are like that.

personally, I'd like an xbox and HALO 4 for my birthday.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 2:07:48 PM PDT
T. L. Shea says:
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 2:30:44 PM PDT
I would say anything that relates to subjects he likes is good.

And I'm 20. My Faves are: HALO, dragons, magic, swords, video games, good action movies, scifi (eureka, warehouse 13, etc), racing, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 6:50:11 PM PDT
Moe Munny says:
A nice pair of shoes or a dress shirt is a great idea if you think your bf likes dressing up. Oh a customized (either a picture of you and him on the tag or some "love" words are always appreciate!) dog's tag is also a great idea

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 9:19:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 10:57:40 AM PDT
Sean Brennan says:
I think it really depends on his personality etc. I'm sure you will find a gift and think 'Why didn't I think of that before?'. You know him best I'm sure you will find a great gift. I have a few ideas over at http://idealgiftsformen.blogspot.ie/ if you want to check them out!

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 9:54:34 PM PDT
That's not an easy question to answer, especially with no knowledge of his interests or what he may already have. If he's into video games, there's a lot to choose from here for regular purchase or digital download. However, there are so many different points of interest in games that's a whole nother question of what he's into, although if he likes shooting style games, Borderlands 2 just came out and Resident Evil 6 will be out the 2nd.

If he's into other types of gaming that aren't so electronic, and you think he'd enjoy a good strategy game to play on a table top with a friend, you can always try this if he isn't already into it, this is everything that's needed to get started. There's also elements of modeling in this game so it provides other forms of entertainment besides the game. Warhammer 40,000 Dark Vengeance Limited Edition

If he takes any pride in grooming or has difficulties with modern razors iritating his skin, he may appreciate a simpler and more classical way of shaving. It helped me when I switched and I actually enjoy shaving now unlike before when it always felt like a chore. He may enjoy a shaving set like this. Shaving Gift Set with Merkur Safety Razor, Bowl, Shaving Soap, Badger Brush, Stand and Safety Razor, Great Gift Idea for Father Husband or Boyfriend

It's late, and that's all that jumps to mind off the top of my head without more information. I hope something here helped.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 9:41:38 AM PDT
Judy Miller says:
look at this site www.whenwefirstmet.com. It's all about the year you guys met ie 2011 and has a fun game in the back for "date night"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 9:10:51 PM PDT
T. Rothwell says:
A Vibrator.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:53:30 PM PST
FlyingAce says:
I tend to get my guy stuff that we can do together like concert tickets or something like that.

When he was getting ready to do job interviews, I got him a nice watch that he could wear to the interviews that he really liked.

Also making one of his favorite dishes and having a quiet night in is fun.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions