Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Louis Vuitton sold me a fake bag!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 126 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2010 9:25:02 AM PST
J. Lee says:
I purchased a bag directly from Louis Vuitton and it turns out, they sold me a fake bag and they' won't give me a rufund nor take responsilibity. I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Beware, don't waste your money on Louis Vuitton!

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 11:36:22 AM PST
who was the seller? we all know you didnt buy directly from louis vuitton.

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 12:37:33 PM PST
J. Lee says:
I bought it directly from a Louis Vuitton store. Hard to believe isn't it? I even have the receipt.

I was a very loyal customer for over a decade, but not anymore!

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 12:49:05 PM PST
it is hard to believe which is why i dont believe you.

you need to state more information. people like more information.

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 2:22:29 PM PST
how do you know it's a fake?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2010 8:54:22 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 11, 2013 1:37:14 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 12:02:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2010 12:12:16 AM PST
E. Gratis says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 12:52:46 AM PST
There is NO possible way that an OFFICIAL Louis Vuitton Boutique/Specialty Shop would EVER attempt to sell a knock-off bag. Do you REALLY think they would RISK their reputation and exclusivity to pull a stunt like this?? Hell No!

I'm guessing you bought the bag at a RESELLER in a mall or plaza somewhere (YES, I've seen resellers selling knock-off bags in affluent areas too!)

BUT if you are 100% convinced that an Authentic and Authorized Louis Vuitton Store sold you a fake bag...Contact your local news station! I'm sure they'd LOVE to investigate this! Let us know how it works out!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 2:32:55 AM PST
Yet another self-proclaimed intellectual crying "idiot." Stifle yourself. It's LIBEL, not slander, when it's in print.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 2:34:54 AM PST
I've gotta laugh at this, especially I Can't Drive 55's comment. If it comes from an "official" LV shop, then it is, defacto, a real LV bag. Do you people think they don't just stick their brand name on the product they have made elsewhere?

Serves ya right for being such superficial label hounds.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 3:22:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2010 4:05:29 PM PST
Maybe the person who started this topic is a Louis Vuitton groupie and is a pretentious person...but I sure as hell don't shop there..Overpriced (actually ridiculously priced) bags....I'm not trying to impress anybody like that...nor do I have anything to prove by flaunting a LV ANYTHING.

Sure, I buy brand names, but only when it counts ....and when it makes sense,,,well, like Cottonelle Toilet Paper, instead of the sandpaper that passes for store brand tissue...LOL!!

But you make a good point @ John...LV could in fact, have their bags made "elsewhere"....who knows?

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 7:41:38 AM PST
J. Lee says:
I had no idea my post will cause this much commotion. My only purpose is to raise awareness of my experience with Louis Vuitton.

I purchased a bag from louisvuitton.com which is owned my Louis Vuitton North America, Inc. (the same company that owns the flagship stores). After only 3 months of use, the zipper pull broke, so I took it to a local Louis Vuitton store to have it repaired. The sales associate was more than apologetic and told me that they'll have to send it to their repair facility in CA and that it'll take about 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I received a call back saying that they were unable to repair the zipper due to the bag "not being theirs". I informed her that I purchased it from their online store, but there was nothing she could do.

Since then, I have filed a formal complaint with the corporate office and the Better Business Bureau and is currently under investigation.

I don't care about the money anymore. What I want is a formal apology from corporate office acknowledging their mistake. I realized that is possible that something could have happened from the time it left their LV store to the actual delivery. Regardless, they should have had a better system in place to avoid mistakes such as this.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2010 11:06:33 PM PST
Oh please, don't pretend that u don't care about the money! Louis Vuitton even refuses to do "seconds". They're reputation is too precious to them .... If you went into a flagship store with your receipt they would bend over backwards to accomodate you...i know cause i've been there. So stop your posturing, cause if the money didn't matter to you then you would not even waste time on this list venting!

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 11:11:25 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 5:33:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2010 5:40:44 AM PST
rwizard says:
@John Yezguiellian,

Umm, it is called satire, and isn't really meant to be taken seriously - it was just a little playing around with what appeared to be a silly post. I guess, based on your delightful and charming response, that you try to model your life on the character of Archie (stifle) Bunker, and you're casting me in the role of his wife Edith ? Very nice. Try not to go through life being so uptight and hostile - you'll find it a lot happier way to live. Glad to see your parents had a sense of humor, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 5:38:33 AM PST
rwizard says:
@J. Lee [OP],

If things are in fact as you describe, you should contact the media. It might have been better if you had set out these details in your first post. It seems like an unlikely scenario, but I suppose anything is possible. But it doesn't make much sense that you posted this issue on Amazon if it wasn't an Amazon purchase.

Also, you say you contacted them, did corporate respond to your complaint ? If so, what was their response ? Or would you have us believe you didn't get one ?

Your story doesn't make much sense. The "details" seem to be trickling in as needed. If your story is true, then I apologize for judging you harshly, but as others have pointed out, this is an unlikely scenario, being presented in a less than persuasive manner.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 3:51:07 PM PST
W. Morohoshi says:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I once had mailed delivered to a customer of ours 500 miles away address to us and the customers address was nowhere on the mail. Unfortunately you got screwed with little proof other than your word. I live by you can't please everyone and trying to do so makes things worst so I wouldn't wait for an apology from LV. However, it could have been stolen and replaced with a fake somewhere along the line (supply room, shipping department, postal service). It could have been a fake returned bag and that fake was sent to you. One last recourse, I assumed you paid with a credit card being a online purchase, you could call the credit card company and explain you situation and they might wipe the charge off your account.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 4:35:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 11, 2010 4:46:01 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 4:36:41 PM PST
you didnt do anything about it? for $700 i woulda have hired a private detective to find out who that seller is. go to their house and beat the crap out of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 4:48:20 PM PST
Nini says:

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 4:54:24 PM PST
Nini says:

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:13:39 AM PDT
marlyn ram says:

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 8:25:16 PM PDT
Chaka Jaya says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 10:55:45 PM PDT
Charlotte says:
That's not possible. If you bought from an AUTHORiZED. LV outlet and paid top dollar you bought a genuine LV. If you bought from a consignment, ebay or other sources it is entirely possible you bought a knock off and LV is not responsible for that. As i say it is impossible to buy a knock off from an LV store.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 4:44:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 9:37:53 PM PDT
Wow! So I checked my e-mail this morning and I received a "There's been an update on the LV sold me a fake bag!" discussion that I commented on here OVER TWO years ago!

So what's the story, J. Lee (OP) ...Did you EVER get any resolution on this? Did you EVER get your $700 back? Did your physician properly adjust the dosage of your Psych meds?

Also, what on EARTH does Amazon.com have to do with ANY of this? You say you bought the bag directly from the LV website, right? LMAO!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  126
Initial post:  Mar 6, 2010
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions