Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Need help/ideas! Need some kind of gift holder

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 11:35:24 AM PST
Hi,
Last year for Christmas I purchased multiple presents and presented them in a giant plastic sled and it looked adorable!
This year I'm having trouble thinking of something to present the gifts in that is different and will also be appealing/large. Thanks for any help provided!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:43:53 PM PST
FlyingAce says:
Without knowing what kind of gifts, size, or the audience, here are my suggestions:

Toy Box
big plastic bucket with the rope handles
wheel barrow
basket

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:29:32 AM PST
sct says:
I agree that without knowing the age of the recipient it is hard to make suggestions that fit. So, here are some in general suggestions in hopes that one works for you: a small wagon, a flower cart, a flower pot, X-mas decorative basket, wicker magazine holder, or a cooking pot. This was harder than I thought. That is the best I can do without knowing the ages of the recipient.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:18:43 PM PST
Thank you for your responses. (: It's much appreciated. I apologize for the lack of information. The recipient is my 20 year old boyfriend and some of the gifts will be rather large.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:34:24 PM PST
Does he live at home? Not that we want to be nosey, but just be mindful of space concerns if he lives in a dorm.
"Rather large" gifts might not be able to travel with him there and will be regulated to being used during the summer months while he is back home from school.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:46:23 AM PST
FlyingAce says:
You can get foot lockers at places like target and walmart. You could get one that is kindof plain and then decorate it, or find his favorite color. That way it is something he will be able to use after the fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:55:59 PM PST
Flying ace, the footlocker thing is such a great idea. IT is large enough for so many treasures and it is something that is really useful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:45:12 AM PST
FlyingAce says:
Thanks, but admittedly not my idea :) When I graduated high school, some of my family members all pitched in and bought one and filled it will all of the college essentials (school supplies, snacks, bedding, towels, etc) It was overflowing with stuff. I barely had to buy anything. My mom told me later that she made a 'wedding registry' of college stuff at Target so my out of town family could just buy stuff and send it to the person putting it all together.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:52:51 PM PST
MommaCat says:
Hot wheels/soap box car/fire truck

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:33:38 PM PST
deedee says:
I coupon and I a lot of Tide laundry detergent (my husband is allergic to it). So I wrapped the bottles of Tide in tissue paper, tied ribbon's around the tissue paper, attaching the gift card, and then put them in the gift bags. My sister loved it.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:43:02 AM PST
Bruce Moody says:
As Christmas gifts, a bottle of Tide might suit, but you might have fun just for the season if you tried a book good for the whole family.

Christmas Day In The Morning
A jolly Christmas story about a greedy naughty boy who opens his presents and among them finds a lump of coal. A humorous tale for the whole family.
Free on Black Friday. $2.99 after that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions