Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

High School or College Student Gift?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2012 7:37:20 AM PDT
P. Eftekhari says:
I just bought a CamPatch Webcam Cover CamPatch Webcam Cover - Black which I thought would be a really great gift for high school and college kids who are concerned about having their peers spy on them through their webcams. I'm going to buy a few more to give out as gifts but was wondering if anyone else had ideas on other gifts?

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 1:32:44 PM PDT
Osita says:
Get necklaces for them with there names on it!

Go this website for personalized jewelry on it
http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/personalised_jewellery.html

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 4:25:58 PM PDT
GA
They really only want MONEY

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 7:32:28 PM PDT
Osita says:
http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/message_in_a_bottle.html

These are messages in a bottle!! Theyre cool too!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 7:28:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 7:32:27 PM PDT
Please do NOT give this (the CamPATCH) to anyone under the guise of giving them a gift. It will be quite awkward for you and the person you give it too.
If they are savvy enough to use a computer, they most certainly can figure out how to use a piece of electrical tape or a post it note.
3M Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, .75-Inch by 66-Feet (6132-BA-10)

Post-it® Notes, Original Cube, 1 7/8 inches x 1 7/8 inches, Assorted Neon and Ultra Colors, One Pad per Pack

You could purchase several cubes of post it notes for much cheaper and electrical tape can be found at a dollar store.

Furthermore, the 'reviews' for this item look like they were written by shills. Shill reviews are not too hard to spot when they are written like this and if you go back and read them it will probably be quite obvious to you too. It reeks of desperation on the part of the seller.

For $10, they would probably rather have an itunes card or a card with facebook credits on it.
Get them something else, ANYTHING else.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 8:52:07 PM PDT
No one needs that crap.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2012 8:17:08 PM PDT
If a graduate is not getting money, and they aren't into keepsakes [unless uberfemale, unlikely...] they want something electronic, and expensive. Try a classified website... :/ Hope this helps someone~

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 11:41:43 PM PDT
Vacuum cleaner.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 1:59:21 PM PDT
Rick J. says:
You could check out these iPad cases. They are very popular. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_pc?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=MKT%20iPad%203%20Case%20-%20iPad%202%20Case&node=172282

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:08:33 PM PST
FlyingAce says:
Here are better gift ideas:

For college kids, think about their current situation. I like getting gas cards, grocery gift cards, cash, Amazon gift cards. But I don't live at home, and I pay all my own expenses with a little parental help here and there. If you get them these things that they pay for every month, that frees up a little more money to go out or spend their money on whatever.

If you think those are boring, gift cards for places like Amazon, best buy, or whatever they are into.

Another thing my parents tend to do is get me tickets to concerts, shows, or movies that they know I want to see (usually through my hinting or direct asking).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions