Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Amazon smile program (Amazon donates to charity when you shop)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 520 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2013 10:32:08 AM PST
jomas says:
AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile. You shop. Amazon gives.When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates to your favorite charitable organization.

Amazon is giving .5% of every sale that is made through the amazon smile link. You get to choose from a variety of charities. (use search box). It is a very small % but with the amount of sales volume that Amazon does, it could add up quickly.

My charity of choice is Wag on Inn rescue. A small animal rescue group that is saving dogs and cats from kill shelters and finding them good homes.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 6:03:36 AM PST
Does anyone know how to request a charity to be added to the list? I have a specific 501c3 I'd like to donate to, but I can't seem to find it.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 9:47:51 AM PST
jomas says:
I believe that the charity has to sign up. This is what I found.

If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?

Go to http://org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2013 6:23:52 AM PST
V.S. says:
Paula, I contacted the charity I wished to help and they took care of it themselves.I just told them about the program, and left the rest up to them.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 4:46:16 PM PST
Jbird1311 says:
Can I somehow do this through the iPad amazon app or only on webpage?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2013 6:15:01 AM PST
Grace says:
That is a question, I also have. I often order through my phone app, and would still like to take part in this program.

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 8:00:12 AM PST
jomas says:
It looks as if you have to shop through the web page. This is the only info that I can find:

How do I shop at AmazonSmile?

To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to http://smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to AmazonSmile to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 6:29:05 PM PST
astralj says:
I made my first purchase through AmazonSmile recently. Where can I see how much my charity received from this? I would like to watch the total amount grow over time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 5:56:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2013 5:56:58 PM PST
Kelly C says:
I was also wondering if there was a way to see how much is donated with each purchase and your overall donation amount? Anyone? Bueller?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 4:07:34 PM PST
M. Cleek says:
I would like to know if there is a way to set your account up to work with http://amazon.com. I know many people won't put in the time or thought process to go to http://smile.amazon.com every time. Is it possible to attach your charity to your amazon.com account and shop from there as well?

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 6:47:34 AM PST
You can use an add on on google chrome to automatically take you to smile if you type in amazon.com

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 3:27:40 PM PST
Why Isn't there a link or "Department" page for Amazon Smile in the APP?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 7:31:43 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 30, 2013 7:36:04 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 7:35:14 AM PST
Coey says:
The app doesn't appear to support Smile yet. I did find that if I shopped via the app and put things in my cart but didn't check out, I could then open Smile in my browser, the items would be in my cart, and I could then check out. It is an extra step, but I prefer to use the app for the actual shopping process.

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:40:51 PM PST
AndrovyPIXIE says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 3:41:13 PM PST
AndrovyPIXIE says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2014 7:05:12 PM PST
Chi_student says:
I work for a non profit which set up amazon smile (pretty much the day after it went live) but they don't have a way for us to see how much we're getting yet. I assume this is a feature that will be added at some point.

As a user I would love to see my total donation go up over time, and I think it would encourage people to order more things through amazon, I know my mother has already changed her shopping habits because she feels good about supporting her favorite non profit.

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 1:57:26 PM PST
EMS says:
Integration with the Iphone app is strongly suggested. I'd love to support my sons preschool which is on there and almost exclusive use the phone app placing orders while I'm out and about running errands. I hope they make this possible.

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 12:17:31 PM PST
B. Mildfelt says:
Please please please add integration for the iPhone/ipad app. I have my chosen charity set on my computer browser, but boneheaded me made a (pretty big) purchase through the app two days ago and now my charity won't get the donation. :(

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 1:20:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2014 1:22:56 PM PST
This is a wonderful program with a big BUT! Here's the 'BUT': Why do shoppers have to go to the smile link in order for donations to kick in? Why can't the contributions simply be linked to the shopper's account? I want to support a nonprofit, but i frequently forget to go to smile. Is Amazon trying to get organizations to encourage their members to use Amazon, but secretly hoping they will forget to go to the smile link so Amazon doesn't really have to make a donation? A truly noble approach would be to make it automatically link to the shopper's account.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2014 7:35:02 PM PST
afshawn says:
You can just bookmark http://smile.amazon.com instead of regular http://amazon.com. There's also a google chrome extension that will automatically take you to smile even if you type in amazon in your URL bar.

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 7:40:37 PM PST
Coey says:
True, but doesn't address the issue for those who use an app to shop. I agree with the poster who said Smile should automatically link to your Amazon account.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2014 11:17:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2014 11:20:15 AM PST
TriciaJoh says:
I have the same question--I want to see how much has been donated to my charity. Did you ever get an answer? If I don't see hard numbers, then I begin to suspect that the program is not really working as advertised.

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 8:41:48 AM PST
Danni says:
Seriously, can we get a donation watch or something attached to our accounts? I purposely use amazon smile to send donations to my charity but I'm curious just how much I've sent their way and there seems to be no way to track it. Even after I've made my purchase I don't see any kind of "this much money has been sent to your organization" or anything, unless I suck and am missing that because I would keep a count myself. It's only because I'm curious but still.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2014 7:02:49 AM PST
Sterghe says:
I also use my phone app frequently. What I've been doing: browse, shop, put items in cart, etc., through app. When I'm ready to check out, I open http://smile.amazon.com in my phone's web browser and check out through there. As far as I know, it works, but it's a bit of extra effort over 1-click ordering!

Amazon, if you're monitoring this board, please add Smile to your smartphone apps?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  337
Total posts:  520
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2013
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 71 customers

Search Customer Discussions