Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Wish List Default Sort

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 125 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2011 9:33:10 PM PST
Prox says:
Where is the option to set a default sort for your wish list?

Currently, it appears that when someone views my wish list they see the newly added items first. My aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. aren't the most computer savvy and assume things at the top of the list are those desired most. Thus, I would prefer an option to change the default view (as others see MY list) to "Priority (High to Low)".

Does this option exist currently? If not, how can I make it a reality?

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 5:07:44 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 6:12:51 AM PST
Comrade Mike says:
Yea Amazon, are you listening? This feature makes complete sense and would not be difficult to implement. If people more frequently received what they most wanted from their wishlists they would use them more often thus driving revenue up.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 8:27:04 PM PST
PandaSage says:
I've wanted this feature too!! I've e-mailed the sorted link to family before, but I don't remember how I did that, so I just told them to search for me this year. It's really annoying that the recently added are at the top, as I often add things I just sort of want to my list.

btw, @Prox, you can get a specific link of your list with the settings you want, and e-mail that out. I don't recall how to do it, but Google should be able to help you on that one. (It might be as simple as changing the settings, then copying the resulting url. Not sure..)

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 1:52:30 PM PST
Cincy Saint says:
I want to be able to default to my wish list in my priority (high, med, low) not date added. Seems like it would be easy to implement

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:12:38 AM PST
C. Caldwell says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 5:05:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 5:08:17 PM PST
A pathetically painful way to have things sort the way you want is to make a second private list (call it "wishlist sort buffer") and put things on it and then back on your real wish list. But really, Amazon REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to give lists a default sort order value, because playing Towers of Hanoi with your little list of needful things is not necessarily a fun way to spend 30 minutes. I'd love to be able to say sort by price low to high and have it display that way for everyone. PLEASE ADD A PUBLIC WISH LIST DEFAULT SORT ORDER SETTING.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 9:13:05 AM PDT
Mark says:
I agree with all the posters here. BUMP

Posted on May 1, 2012 7:23:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2012 2:53:56 PM PDT
Some guy says:
The easiest way to sort your wishlist is to first select the compact view. You can then check multiple items on your wishlist (like everything with the highest priority). Move those items to a new wishlist and save changes. Then go to the new wishlist (still in compact view) check all the items on it and move them back to the desired wishlist. They are now moved to the top of the wishlist for the default "date added" sort. As far as individual items you can re-add them to your wishlist and that will move it to the top. I would like to be able to sort my wishlist like you can sort your Netflix queue but this does the trick.

Posted on May 18, 2012 6:04:31 PM PDT
Zen says:
Get this done please Amazon. Need customizable settings to choose as your default Wishlist View.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:01:45 AM PDT
patlv23 says:
ditto

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 2:27:05 PM PDT
Mark says:
Please add this feature Amazon.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 2:13:09 PM PDT
M. Bauer says:
Bump. This would be the best default setting for wish lists!

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 12:02:38 PM PDT
Ferguson says:
+1 for this feature-request, this would make a LOT of lists a lot more useful! Priority would be my default, but I can see how sorting by pricing would be useful too.

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:18:45 AM PDT
Erica Nofi says:
+1

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 2:42:11 PM PDT
cmarnold says:
I am very surprised this doesn't exist and would love it if it did.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 10:45:59 AM PDT
Ashley says:
Yeah, include the custom wish list default option, WTF!

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 10:22:11 AM PDT
Parzival says:
Bump

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 11:49:14 AM PDT
Peter Lustig says:
+1

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:48:09 PM PDT
Bulldog says:
The only way I can think of doing it without building another list is to re-add the things you want the most to your list. If you click something that's already on your list it gets moved to the top. Open the items you want at the top and click "add to wishlist" it should get bumped to the top by doing that.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 5:35:52 PM PDT
Will Fleming says:
+1

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:25:55 AM PDT
Davide says:
For goodness sake Amazon, pull your finger out and give us a the ability to default our wish list by priority. Even if you fixed it to be in priority order instead of date order, that would make more sense.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 11:06:07 AM PDT
Kirk Israel says:
This has been missing for over a decade.
A default of sort by priority, then date would be perfect... the same old behavior for people who don't do much prioritizing, and the correct behavior for the non-techie relations looking for something to buy! (I feel like a tool when I say "well here's my wishlist link... please sort it by priority!"

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:29:55 AM PDT
Remedy says:
Amazon, wishlists are a pain without a default sorting method other than by date! If we are to share our lists, then our most important / requested items should be at the top. Please implement this before the holiday season!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:48:22 AM PDT
Alecia says:
Please allow priority to be the default sort order for wish lists! Just because I added things recently doesn't mean they're the most important! Family members don't necessarily know to adjust the view!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  125
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2011
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions