Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Time for a Made in America search option.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 554 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2011 4:21:17 PM PST
Laura Heintz says:
Who's up for keeping Americans employed?

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 5:14:24 PM PST
Madelyn says:
I am! A "Made in America" search option will be great!

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 5:39:33 PM PST
Laura Heintz says:
I shop Amazon for almost everything, but just put in an order at another website, so that I easily see what was made in America. Free shipping just like Amazon. That would have been another easy $116.95 for Amazon if they had that search function.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 6:15:02 PM PST
Abslolutely! A Made in America search would bring lots of buyers to Amazon--my family and friends included.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 12:24:47 AM PST
somuch2say says:
Great idea!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 3:11:59 AM PST
I am so glad to see this discussion. Sometimes I think I am the only one concerned with the demise of manufacturing in America. If I am deciding between 2 or more items, the "Made in America" label is the deciding factor. In fact, I have been know to buy something I really didn't need, but then I see the "made In America" label and it gets me everytime, even if it is the most expensive item

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 4:23:04 AM PST
K. Crawford says:
excellent idea! were discussing this last night - many descriptions do not tell us! TY for the discusssion! DO IT AMAZON!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 4:23:30 AM PST
Ekim says:
We would appreciate a "Made in American" option too!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 4:57:48 AM PST
I would make Amazon my first stop shopping if they had this option...excellent idea!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 5:02:28 AM PST
Retta Mitz. says:
AMAZON ARE YOU LISTENING?

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 7:14:37 AM PST
Before seening this page I was trying to find products made in the USA. I am all for keeping America working.
Amazon PLEASE ADD THIS AS AN OPTION

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 7:48:38 AM PST
S. Peterson says:
I would love a "made in America" filter

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:08:41 AM PST
R. Harris says:
Amazon, do it! What a fantastic idea. I'm tired of poor quality, the growing expense of products made outside of the US, and the bad fit of clothing.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:40:46 AM PST
I was just looking for this option. Thank you for starting this conversation.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:54:33 AM PST
Noop says:
I'd definitely prioritize Made in America. The best I can do now is try to avoid China.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:57:41 AM PST
Susan says:
I would at least like to see the country of origin included in the description, if nothing else. We have the right to know where things are coming from before purchasing. If we were purchasing in a store, we could pick up an item and see for ourselves, so there is no reason this information can't be included on the site.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 9:07:59 AM PST
CPhil Mom says:
Yes, I agree, if we cant search by Made in USA, I would love to see where its from, a Country of Origin option,

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 9:18:39 AM PST
Randy Norian says:
Absolutely agree 100%. I would use that as my first filter when shopping- Amazon should implement this, won't hurt their business and will help US jobs.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 9:30:45 AM PST
MommaCat says:
Just so everyone knows, Rachael Ray's cookware line is manufactured in the Orient. I was very disappointed to find that out as it was going to be a gift. I had planned to buy all American.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 9:41:27 AM PST
TRM says:
www.digusout.com website (Dig US Out) is dedicated to "made in america" products made by americans!!
Maybe Amazon can reach out to/partner with this website.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 10:46:17 AM PST
M. A. Mosher says:
I would love a Made in the USA search option!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:25:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 1, 2011 11:29:26 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:58:21 AM PST
Great idea. I would use it to purchase everything

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:59:54 AM PST
Just one decision can help keep a job available to one of our neighbors. Please provide the filter and shoppers - make your voice heard even if the item isn't the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 12:52:24 PM PST
I love the idea but...anyone who has actually studied the issue knows that defining "Made in America" can get very tricky. And who gets to decide what definitions and limitations are going to be applied? And what about that Chinese slave labor camp in the Marianas, set up by Chinese businessmen, who paid Jack Abramoff and Tom Delay many millions to buy congressional support so that they can call their products "made in America". For instance would "assembled in America by illegal immigrants or guest workers" make anyone happy? (Google; Tom Delay slave labor) I would have a very strict definition, because that is what people want when they buy a product that is labeled "Made In America." Thanks to everyone for their patriotism and please continue to support our troops.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  393
Total posts:  554
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 65 customers

Search Customer Discussions