Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

21st birthday gift for daughter

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2008 4:11:03 PM PST
JT says:
Hi--I'm looking for ideas for a meaningful gift for my daughter's 21st birthday (a few days after Christmas). She is a college student. I'd like to come up with something to indicate my pride in her becoming an adult (officially). Not wildly expensive (I'm already paying her plane ticket to do volunteer work next year), but nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 5:19:22 PM PST
AP says:
How about a classic piece of jewelry? One of my parents got me a fairly simple silver bracelet for my 21st which I wear all the time. If you wanted to make it more personalized, you could even get something which is engraveable with her initials or a little message.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 6:06:35 PM PST
M. Roach says:
my daughter's 21st is in April...I borrowed a friend's idea...I am collecting gifts I know she will love...some very inexpensive, some more.....to give her 21 gifts. Gift cards for places in her college town, a nice bracelet, a silly game, padded hangers, all sorts of things.....there will be 21 in all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 6:26:52 PM PST
An idea for at least part of your gift could be a nice bottle of wine and a set of wine glasses. My parents bought a bottle of wine from a winery with our namesake when I was 10 and saved it to give to me on my 21st. After all those years it really felt special to get to open it and be a "real adult". I still have the empty bottle and use it as a candle holder for decoration (I'm 24 now), and it's still a physical landmark of the occasion that represents my parents openly recognizing my status as an adult. It's classy and shows an introduction into the adult world beyond the world of "college drinking."

Another idea could be to get her something nice with her college logo or seal on it, like a pen or a diploma frame (for when the time comes). Or maybe a leather portfolio or resume cover with her college seal.

I also like the idea of a nice, classy piece of jewelry, and/or perhaps a nice jewelry box.

Also, since she'll be traveling to do volunteer work, you could get her her own set of luggage. It's practical and symbolic of her being set free to go make her own way as an adult.

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 8:08:06 PM PST
Im 21 and my mom took me out and we got really really drunk. It was the best time I've ever had with her

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2011 6:43:20 PM PDT
tammy jett says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 10:08:54 PM PDT
GamblingJim says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 11:02:32 PM PDT
GamblingJim says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2011 11:04:17 PM PDT
GamblingJim says:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2011 11:52:42 AM PDT
Beth Lehmann says:
a travel journal and camera for her upcoming volunteer travel!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 12:47:44 PM PST
Gatley says:
My daughter is 21 before christmas. part of her present is the large hardback Lonley Planet Travel book - A journey through every counntry in the world - £23 ish - to go with money for her post uni travelling fund

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 4:44:20 PM PST
Sarah Jane says:
I would suggest a classic pearl necklace. My mother got one for me for my 21st that had different shades of pink pearls. I wore it for college graduation, sorority pictures, job interviews... you can find very nice ones for about $100.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 6:30:17 AM PDT
BABS says:

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:16:38 PM PDT
babs why are you poking at a 3 year old topic with a year old post.

Taking the 21 year old out to drink is fine... showing them that you need to have cash on hand to get a taxi home if you drank too much and all of the other ins and outs of learning to drink in a bar.

personally it would have been better to go to dinner and order them a decent drink.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:06:37 AM PDT
Rever.. says:
There is a new website with great ideas for meaningful gifts:

www.meaningfulgiftideas.com

There is a very helpful search tool to find a gift and then they tell you where to find it. Check it out.

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 10:59:45 PM PDT
Hello my daughter will be 21 on April 27th and im thinking of something like a treasure hunt. Where she has clues to her next gift. From our very first apartment. To maybe one of her favorite teachers in elementary school then middle school and high school. I would love to try and come up with 21 of them. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2008
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions