Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Gift for 60th Birthday from friend in USA to friend in UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2009 9:26:55 AM PST
emma g says:
Great friend in UK is turning 60 and I would like to send her a gift that represents USA as well as something that is modern / fashionable? Please send me some of your great ideas !!!

Thanks,

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 12:49:51 PM PST
We need more information. Is this a girl/guy friendship and if so, is this a 'friend' as in JUST A FRIEND or is this an opposite sex friend that you want to know better?

Obviously the above answers will help us narrow down a better gift.
Depending on where you live, some souviners from your area might be nice. If you live in St. Louis, some minature stuff with the 'arch' on it as well as a few post cards from the gift shop telling about the history of it etc would be great along with a note telling him or her that this is a MUST VISIT place when and/if they come over here.

When you talk to your friend again ask them if there is someplace that they would like to visit when and if they were to come to America. If they say Hollywood for example, bring a bit of Hollywood to them. You can find all kinds of little Hollywood clapboards online and maybe a travel book with tips on the city.
Whatever you decide, consider the cost of shipping too. I do believe that you can get one of those flat rate boxes and ship everything you can fit in it regardless of weight for one price (what that price is I dont know).

Depening on your budget, a portable DVD player would be great. While the initial outlay might be rather pricey, you can use it to handle all of your other gifts throught the year.You would have to visit radio shack (or someplace like it) and get a voltage converter. If you do that then you can pick up movies and have a 'date night' with your friend. You can watch a movie 'together' a few times a year by going to blockbuster and purchasing from the used movies section. Most movies can be had 4 for $20.00. The price to ship a movie would be about $2.00 or less from here to there, so you could send a gift each signifigant event....(Valentines day/sweetest day and whatever other halmark holidays I have forgotten to mention) for very cheap and s/he wouild be the only person to have the latest American titles so that would be a huge bonus. It would be a great way to build your friendship long distance and keep you connected over the pond if you made the movie night at a time where you are both near your computer where you can IM your comments about it in real time. That gift would not matter if the recipent is a girl or a guy although gender might influence your movie selections.

Anywhoo, without more info this is the best I could think of.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
Scaling Mt. Readmore 458 12 minutes ago
A list of books 112 15 minutes ago
A beginner's guide to GLBT literature... 176 18 minutes ago
The Drama Club 63 21 minutes ago
Calling all football fans! 2214 52 minutes ago
The OFFICIAL Bittersweet Thread 8377 1 hour ago
YELL!!!! 2563 5 hours ago
What are you listening to? 2483 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 22, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions