Customer Discussions > Gift Idea forum

Wedding gift for my soon-to-be husband

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 103 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2011 9:43:58 PM PDT
Kelly says:
I want to get a gift for my husband to exchange on our wedding night or honeymoon. I don't want to buy him a pair of boxer shorts or anything like that. I want to get him something meaningful, but fun. Something he'll enjoy right away but that will last for years. Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 9:51:14 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 10:00:22 PM PDT
maybe sterling silver cufflinks to wear on your first date as a married couple? and i would point it out when he puts them on. "now every time you wear these you can remember that you wore them to our first date as mr. and mrs.______" i think that would be cute. and sterling silver can be incredibly resilient, and classy, but also astonishingly inexpensive. that seems like a great idea to me!

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 11:32:25 AM PDT
LR Fan says:
Don't over think it.

Buy something sexy to wear for him. Can't go wrong with that.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 12:26:36 PM PDT
PK says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 2:10:25 PM PDT
ipad 2

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 4:46:50 PM PDT
James says:
Power Tools!

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 6:06:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2011 6:06:21 PM PDT
NurseDave says:
A skeleton watch. Not with a picture of a skeleton, but the ones where you see the gears and workings inside.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 6:43:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2011 6:44:00 PM PDT
how about a silver bracelet .. this is what a lot of men are wearing these days..engrave with a message of love

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 7:51:17 PM PDT
Paigemaster says:
vintage lunchbox

one book in a collection, like a vintage collection or just any classics collection

a classic board game or other game

season tickets to a playhouse or other entertainment like opera or ballet, symphony, etc

sports equipment of some sort, like a new baseball glove for you guys to play catch or golf clubs or a golf club :)

gift basket, dvd, popcorn, book, fruit, candy, jewelry, music, hobby items, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 8:16:18 PM PDT
experiences are better than gifts; got to hot tub, spa, massage etc together. go someplace DO something fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 1:51:59 AM PDT
MAJ Kel says:
My husband was a big fan of the "master and commander" book series, which he first read as a teen (there are about 20 books in the series)- I bought him the entire set, plus a biography of the authore. He was thrilled.

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 7:09:32 AM PDT
ól bean says:
I have always thought that socks make a charming gift for before the wedding...to help with cold feet. But for the wedding night, perhaps a nice watch or other men's jewelry item if you want something lasting. Depending on where you are going for your honeymoon you might want an in-room survival kit with a few beers, bottled water, and some favorite snacks?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 10:16:03 AM PDT
Sharon Heath says:
And Affliction watch, cool, manly, well made and styles you don't see everyday. www.justgivemejewels.com

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 10:42:35 AM PDT
Kelly says:
Thanks for all your suggestions. Still trying to decide what to go with but you've given me a couple things to think about.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 6:06:34 AM PDT
A nice watch, with a personal engraving on the back. A Tag Heuer would be my personal preference. If he's younger, the Formula 1s are a little sportier and might be a good place to start looking.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 9:03:53 AM PDT
Tommys Mommy says:
I bought my husband a dress watch and had our wedding date engraved on the back!

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 1:53:46 PM PDT
Nina says:
I gave my hubby wireless headphones for the tvs in the LR and BR. Seriously the best gift I ever gave him. I've given him thousands of dollars worth of tools. But he enjoys these because he can watch what he wants without my going nuts listening to "man" shows. These have made our marriage much more peaceful. We married in our 40's, so perhaps I went more for practical than romantic...but it's romantic to have a peaceful marriage :)

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 3:57:37 PM PDT
a nice tie tack if he likes them or cufflinks if he uses them one of the better items i have recived is a nice tokyo flash watch and maybe get something engraved on the back at a local place. http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/
i only ware it on occasions. if he is not in to watches then, i don't know some thing that he is in to or just something that is close to a one time gift that he can keep around for a long time.

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 11:11:55 PM PDT
Ewok says:
Most anything material you get him will in the long term matter very little. TV's break, tools break, etc. For my Dad last christmas I bought him a pocket watch that had the date my mom introduced him to my brother and I, the date he proposed to my mom and the date they were married and we became a family inscribed on the inside behind a picture of all of us. When he wears it with his suit it always goes in his front pocket to be close to his heart. My mom says she sees him looking at it when he doesn't think anyone is looking. It amazed him that I wrote down all the dates. I knew he was going to be my dad the first time he sat down to play super mario bros (on NES, it was that long ago). Commemorate the important dates. To me my dad's birthday is my favorite day of the year, because that was the day he was born and he's the greatest dad I could ever ask for. Not once have I felt like the "step-son" in their almost 20 years. Give a gift that means something to both of you, that he can look back on in 20 years and remember the first time you guys met, your first kiss, the night of your engagement, the wedding, your first child, etc. etc. These are moments that are only shared between the two of you and should be cherished. Lingerie will get old and thrown away. TV's replaced. But something from the heart will remain until you're both in your 80's sitting on your front porch holding hands as you watch your great grandchildren run around chasing fireflies.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 9:45:02 PM PDT
Congrats on your pending wedding. As for a gift for him:
If he likes pocket watches, that may be something you can get him. I think a nice engraved pocket watch may be a gift that would fit the bill. It can be used right away and last for several years. you may be able to find a superman pocket watch (if he is into superman) other options include, batman, the flash and the green lantern. Otherwise a pocket watch is available in a variety of metals. They last for quite some time.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 8:08:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2011 8:08:29 AM PDT
D. Park says:
I received an Omega Speedmaster (the moon watch) from my wife and I absolutely love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2011 10:01:01 PM PDT
some of these suggestions are just awful! Into superman? what? ms. kelly, i think what you are looking for is something unique for the two of you, search your heart you'll find it no doubt.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 11:24:22 AM PDT
CJ Munn says:
How about a body cast made into a nice sculpture or something quirky? That's really personal and unusual.

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 2:14:10 AM PDT
C. Burke says:
I agree with Reynolds up there... Some simply awful ideas here. Superman? Cufflinks? A pinky ring? People... these are supposed to be suggestions for an adult Male. The best suggestion in here is the watch with the important dates engraved on it (provided you know the dates of some milestones in your relationship). The reason that is the best suggestion is because (as has already been pointed out) its a gift from the heart.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Gift Idea forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gift Idea forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions